Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-07-2010, 03:54 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Probably one of my favorite signings this offseason. Best of luck Aaron.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 04:28 AM    (permalink
raiderchampion3
Rookie

raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3

Great move by the Jaguars.
raiderchampion3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 06:17 AM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love that signing. They should go for Mays in the draft and their D will beast.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 06:19 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a lions fan all I can say is ******* ******** ************* jaguar ***** Kampman should have ******* gone to the ******* lions bunch of ************* ********!! ****!

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 06:29 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
As a lions fan all I can say is ******* ******** ************* jaguar ***** Kampman should have ******* gone to the ******* lions bunch of ************* ********!! ****!
AK74 > KVB

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 06:40 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like this move a lot. As long as he can get healthy I think this is a great move and will help close some of the gap in the division. Watch out Payton ;)

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 06:40 AM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
You mad???
Old 03-07-2010, 07:24 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
What ever happened to Derrick Harvey and Quentin Groves?
2 More recent examples of why the draft is much more of a crapshoot then free agency.
Then there's Vernon Gholston.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 07:34 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
You mad???
no I am not. I am dissapoint.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:57 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sick signing...Kampman's still underrated.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Maybe it's hindsight, but when the Pack switched to a 3-4 I always felt they should have shopped him pretty hard last year. I can only imagine what type of offers they would have gotten which could have gone towards adding more players for the 3-4 defense.

I say it could be hindsight because you never know if he'd suck completely in a new defense, or that he'd get hurt, but I know he wasn't too happy about the change, and I'd like to think they could of brought in at least a 3rd rounder at that point for him.
He tore is ACL midseason. It would have been pretty hard to get any value for him after that.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:48 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
He tore is ACL midseason. It would have been pretty hard to get any value for him after that.
You know you guys switched to a 3-4 before he tore his ACL right? That was the point I was trying to make, to shop him before that season even started since you were changing to a new defense that he obviously wasn't very happy about. Of course your not going to get anything after the injury, but during that off-season I think you could of at least got a mid round pick instead of nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:53 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What ever happened to Derrick Harvey and Quentin Groves?

Groves is just bad... and Harvey is not the pass rusher they envisioned when drafting him.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:57 AM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
He tore it after the trade deadline. Either way we're going to get a descent compensary pick if his contract is anywhere near what the Lions gave KVB.

Quote:
You know you guys switched to a 3-4 before he tore his ACL right? That was the point I was trying to make, to shop him before that season even started since you were changing to a new defense that he obviously wasn't very happy about. Of course your not going to get anything after the injury, but during that off-season I think you could of at least got a mid round pick instead of nothing.
We had nobody else to start in his place so it was a calculated risk. If it worked like it did for Greg Ellis and the Cowboys this wouldn't have been an issue.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:04 AM    (permalink
JDR2882
Rookie

JDR2882 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Awesome signing. I really like the signing and like Kampman as a player.
JDR2882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:02 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jags are going to be a force to be reckoned with if Kampman works out. They look like a pretty solid team outside of QB and saftey. They had a monster draft this past year IMO, maybe the best in the NFL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:10 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good signing not only b/c Kampman is an elite pass rusher, but because DE isn't as immediate of a need now. This signing keeps their optinos open so they can truly take the BPA. I think Pierre-Paul, Derrick Morgan, Dan Williams, Earl Thomas, Joe Haden, and even Dez Bryant would all be good options at #10, and should be available.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:17 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post

We had nobody else to start in his place so it was a calculated risk. If it worked like it did for Greg Ellis and the Cowboys this wouldn't have been an issue.
Very much true. That's why I said it could all just be in hindsight, though Kampman would of netted alot more then Ellis ever would have(and I also think Ellis was hurt before we switched to the 3-4).

Like you said though, a compensation pick could make up for it, I just kinda felt he would of been a good bargaining piece to add picks when your trying to find pieces to a new defense.

Still sucks Groves and Harvey haven't been what were expected, Harvey had that long ass holdout too asking for all that money. I remember everyone thought they did a great job that year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:24 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
Jags are going to be a force to be reckoned with if Kampman works out. They look like a pretty solid team outside of QB and saftey. They had a monster draft this past year IMO, maybe the best in the NFL.
Who are you and what did David Garrard do to you?
Old 03-07-2010, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Way to go Eagles FO! Way to aggressively pursue all of those impact free agent DEs!
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:26 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
Who are you and what did David Garrard do to you?
David Garrard is painfully average. He's not a Super Bowl-type QB.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:31 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Except they were two completely different scenarios. Ellis was an aging defensive end, that was pretty average for us. The change made him a very good player for us. Kampman was already a very good player, he most likely was not gonna improve his production in the new defense. We wouldn't have gotten anything for Ellis pre 3-4, but Kampman did have a lot of value as a 4-3 DE.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:32 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Very much true. That's why I said it could all just be in hindsight, though Kampman would of netted alot more then Ellis ever would have(and I also think Ellis was hurt before we switched to the 3-4).

Like you said though, a compensation pick could make up for it, I just kinda felt he would of been a good bargaining piece to add picks when your trying to find pieces to a new defense.

Still sucks Groves and Harvey haven't been what were expected, Harvey had that long ass holdout too asking for all that money. I remember everyone thought they did a great job that year.
It probably would've been easier to move him if we knew what we had in Matthews earlier in the season. Also I think the Packers respected Kampman enough not to trade him midseason and then not to tag and trade him after the season. Kampman is the epitome of what a professional sports player should be.

Quote:
Except they were two completely different scenarios. Ellis was an aging defensive end, that was pretty average for us. The change made him a very good player for us. Kampman was already a very good player, he most likely was not gonna improve his production in the new defense. We wouldn't have gotten anything for Ellis pre 3-4, but Kampman did have a lot of value as a 4-3 DE.
I was talking about how Ellis played well in his transition compared to Kampman. Nothing to do with value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
Way to go Eagles FO! Way to aggressively pursue all of those impact free agent DEs!
Because it worked so well with Kearse and Howard in the past?

Last edited by cvv84 : 03-07-2010 at 12:35 PM.
cvv84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:35 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I read somewhere that Kampman will play RDE and Derrick Harvey will play LDE. If they manage to resign Reggie Hayward (which doesn't look a whole lot likely - we could use all the pass rush we can get but it's easier to part ways with him now) Reggie would compete with Harvey for LDE, and Quentin Groves I'm guessing would back up at RDE. Groves was a disappointment this past year.

Other stuff I've read says that the Jaguars will probably pursue MLBs, DTs, and OL backups. I wonder if they'll go after safeties like Atogwe and Pool, though. The fact that safety is such a need and they don't want to look for one means that 1) they like Reggie Nelson more than they should or 2) they want one in the draft.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:37 PM    (permalink
superman
Veteran

superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
David Garrard is painfully average. He's not a Super Bowl-type QB.
even his coach said so lol