Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 05-05-2010, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I read on Rotoworld that both DWill and Clayton should and will be cut.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
why would we keep Clayton? He'd be pretty damn expensive for a 4th string wide receiver?

why not save money, cut him, and give a younger guy an opportunity, hell or even give D-Will his job, he's a million cheaper (I think) and like you said, in the limited playing time he had, Flacco did look his way.
I think we will, i mean we obviously love the guy because we kept him as a starter all season when Kelly Washington was clearly a better WR.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:18 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
I read on Rotoworld that both DWill and Clayton should and will be cut.
I hope they both go. IMO a lot of people are over-valuing Stallworth at this point, to say that he's nearly guaranteed the third receiver spot at this point doesn't make sense. With a year off of football we have to wait and see how he performs in training camp/preseason, which is why I think we're hanging on to Clayton and Williams right now. I'd actually prefer David Reed to get most of the slot reps, but that probably won't happen (at least not early :)).
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:32 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ed Reed's procedure is great news, sounds like he will be ready for some football.
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:53 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd rather see Eron Riley on the roster than DReed, Clayton, and Stallworth.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:57 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reed can play special teams though. The new David Tyree.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:03 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BTW I meant in the slot in that last post not on the roster.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 05-05-2010, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

when I go to training camp I will key in on Riley, the guy has out of this world physical tools, I want to see his progression.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:07 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
when I go to training camp I will key in on Riley, the guy has out of this world physical tools, I want to see his progression.
Slow down man, he's not Calvin Johnson ;).
Old 05-05-2010, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

lol he put up virtually equal combine numbers to DHB and we wont **** Riley over from day 1 like DHB got in oakland
Old 05-06-2010, 11:29 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/?p=5388

confirmation that Kruger will be a 34 DE. He weighs 275 currently, that is 10 pounds away from 285 which is basically the minimum for a 34 DE. I dont expect him to get a lot of playing time.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:24 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

On the contrary, I think he might be the number 1 backup behind Trevor Pryce. We might even start him like we did with Edwards last season.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:39 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
On the contrary, I think he might be the number 1 backup behind Trevor Pryce. We might even start him like we did with Edwards last season.
I thought Pryce was a backup to Redding? Regardless I don't think he'll be ready until 2011, when they expect him to take over at the 5 technique.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I never knew we brought in Redding as a starter, I read he was going to be a rotational player. Regardless I think Pryce Redding and Kruger, hell probably Arthur Jones will get a good amount of playing time.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:47 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Yeah, I've never seen that Redding was brought in to be a starter. Really it's hard to project at this point, I forgot about Arthur Jones and he should be able to push for time as well. Perhaps we'll be giving Ngata more plays off this season . I actually like our depth at the 5-tech. more this season than last, Bannan was more of a NT IMO and the only other guy we played there was Edwards.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I think Pryce will be there every passing down, perhaps Jones gets time on running downs. IDK how Redding will be in the mix, all I remember from him was he got a big ass deal at Detroit then I never heard of him since.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:22 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

I thought there was an article when we signed him saying he was gonna be the starter? I may be wrong but I remember something like that.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 05-07-2010, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael Oher worked exclusively at left tackle in Friday's practice, and the move is expected to become permanent with Jared Gaither moving to right tackle.

Blindside II: The Sequel? According to Profootballfocus.com's metrics, Gaither actually graded out better as a pass blocker while Oher excelled as a run blocker in his rookie season. As the Ravens move to a more open offense, however, Oher's prototypical athleticism and light feet project to Joe Flacco's blindside. While Gaither has struggled to land a long-term deal this offseason, the switch indicates Oher is seen as the true building block up front.

-Rotoworld
Old 05-07-2010, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Free agents CB Travis Fisher and DT Anthony Montgomery will try out for the Ravens in this weekend's minicamp.

The Ravens do need depth at cornerback, but Fisher simply has nothing left in the tank at this stage of his career. Montgomery didn't fit the Redskins new 3-4 scheme, but he could work in as a rotational tackle in Baltimore's 4-3 defense.

-Rotoworld
Old 05-07-2010, 11:46 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ive been calling this move since we drafted Oher, but like many here I know, Im not sure I completely agree with it. Gaither doesnt always play with proper leverage and isnt really a giant force in the run game like Oher is, and while I agree that Oher is the future at LT, Im not perfectly sure Gaither is the future at RT. I really do think we should of moved Gaither this offseason, but thats more for fiscal reasons then anything else. Interesting to see how it plays out, I bet Gaither will be pretty upset about this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Michael Oher worked exclusively at left tackle in Friday's practice, and the move is expected to become permanent with Jared Gaither moving to right tackle.

Blindside II: The Sequel? According to Profootballfocus.com's metrics, Gaither actually graded out better as a pass blocker while Oher excelled as a run blocker in his rookie season. As the Ravens move to a more open offense, however, Oher's prototypical athleticism and light feet project to Joe Flacco's blindside. While Gaither has struggled to land a long-term deal this offseason, the switch indicates Oher is seen as the true building block up front.

-Rotoworld

The media is obsessed w/ Oher playing LT just because of the blindside story. It is getting annoying. Oher had time at LT last pre-season, but he played RT all the time when Gaither was in.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:51 AM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Travis Fisher isn't that bad. He'd be good for like 5 plays a game.
However, Montgomery is a big puss..
I'm really excited about Cary Williams and especially KJ Gerard.
he dope
Old 05-07-2010, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

my friend told me Adam Schefter reported that Gaither is on his way out, probably to BUffalo. I wonder what we will get for him.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:56 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Yeah, Schefter tweeted as much. I'm guessing we'll target one of their corners and maybe a draft pick(s). Gaither definitely isn't the answer at RT, get ready for some Oniel Cousins! (And Steelers fans go wild!)
Old 05-07-2010, 01:10 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't be surprised to see Gaither just moved for like a future 2nd.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is online now   Reply With Quote