Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 08-27-2011, 03:53 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
Rotowire says its very minor and the boot is just a precaution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 04:39 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He has 2 weeks to heal up what ever it is so we should be good. I think that Evans is going to be our biggest producer at WR.

I can't believe that Cousins was just waived. I thought he at least would be a depth player. He really must have been doing terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ok my hopes of McKinnie being ready week 1 are finished. 370 WTF.

Also I am shocked we cut cousins too. I guess that new dude #71 we brought in is a better RT and can still play G liek cousins
Old 08-27-2011, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Havn't gotten a chance to watch any pre-season games, any Kindle sightings?

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 08:15 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kindle has done pretty decent from what I've seen. If Kruger keeps playing like he is we'll actually have competent depth at OLB with both of those guys.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 11:46 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, Kindle's been flying around like a missile out there. They haven't really given him much time with the starters (same goes for Kruger & McPhee) and I really don't know why. I would like to see what those guys can do vs. other #1's.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The starting oline wil not play tonight. All I can say is McKinnie w/ 0 time with this line is going to be a mess. We better do jumbo packages w/ Harewood/Reid on the left side
Old 09-01-2011, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
The starting oline wil not play tonight. All I can say is McKinnie w/ 0 time with this line is going to be a mess. We better do jumbo packages w/ Harewood/Reid on the left side
While I'm giddy about McKinnie being so out of shape and having no game action with Baltimore, I doubt James Harrison is going to make much of an impact early in the season. He's feeling fatigue in his back and hasn't looked as strong as he normally does.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yea i still think Harrison can do something though. You know how long flacco holds onto teh rock I think Harrison can get a sack or 2.

I just wanna see how suggs does. We all know how well he did last year vs. the steelers with a terrible DC. Its gonna be interesting w/ Pagano back there
Old 09-02-2011, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Ray Lewis/Rice
Rookie

Ray Lewis/Rice is a cocksman.Ray Lewis/Rice is a cocksman.Ray Lewis/Rice is a cocksman.Ray Lewis/Rice is a cocksman.Ray Lewis/Rice is a cocksman.

Anyone know whats going on with this Ngata deal?
Ray Lewis/Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yea i still think Harrison can do something though. You know how long flacco holds onto teh rock I think Harrison can get a sack or 2.

I just wanna see how suggs does. We all know how well he did last year vs. the steelers with a terrible DC. Its gonna be interesting w/ Pagano back there
To be honest, I see Woodley(he always rapes Oher) and Timmons making more of an impact rushing the passer than Harrison next Sunday. Who knows though.

I think Suggs is going to abuse the Steelers like he always does. That play Big Ben and Suggs had with our second game was absolutely incredible.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:29 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

??? what are you talking about. the one game Oher VS. Woodley was the 2009 night game in baltimore. Woodley had 0 sacks I believe. He raped Oniel cousins that year not Oher
Old 09-02-2011, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
??? what are you talking about. the one game Oher VS. Woodley was the 2009 night game in baltimore. Woodley had 0 sacks I believe. He raped Oniel cousins that year not Oher
Yeah, that's prob who I am thinking about. My fault.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:41 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Lewis/Rice View Post
Anyone know whats going on with this Ngata deal?
IDK, I read somewhere that it is likely to be done by the Sept. 20 deadline but I'm not hearing anything from either side. I hope they get it done.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Its all good still I expect Woodley to make plays dude is a beast. Plus Timmons should do work too I love his ability.

How often do you have your OLBs switch sides? He may have raped Oher if woodley went to the left side.

BTW guys this is a post I made baltimoreravens.com

This preseason Kruger was very impressive in all aspects of the game IMO. But he impressed me the most w/ his pass rush. I only had hope he could become a serviceable back up but I think he can be a lot better then that. Then it got me thinking how bout we slide Johnson to ILB.

Strengths

-Our run D will become down right unstoppable. Johnson would be a king at taking up blocks for Ray to makes plays.
-This will give us another dimension in our pass rush having a guy like Johnson rush up the middle.
-Also I think Kruger is a better pass rusher then Johnson so our pass rush off the edge will improve as well.

Weaknesses

-We might have the slowest pair of ILB In football if we do this. We will need to sub a LB in for pass plays and take JJ out.
-If we feel our young ILBs can become something it could hurt their progression.

what are your thoughts on this plan? Should we throw Kindle somewhere in this or what?
Old 09-02-2011, 12:12 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

I say move JJ to ILB on passing downs just so we can have Kindle/Kruger at OLB to rush the passer.

IDK how well JJ will be in coverage at ILB though.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:05 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Yeah, that's prob who I am thinking about. My fault.
How's Worilds looking?

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 04:28 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the general thought of moving JJ inside and getting a combo of Kruger/Kindle. I'm not sure if JJ will be effective at ILB or if Kruger/Kindle are ready to be the full time OLB. We really just need to get some type of pass rush opposite Suggs, and JJ just isn't a good pass rusher.

I could see JJ moving inside and then have Ayanbadejo sub in for 3rd downs.

I always kinda feel bad for JJ. He does his job solid and is a good player, but he just isn't a dynamic pass rusher. Because of that, we are always going to be looking for a replacement for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Its all good still I expect Woodley to make plays dude is a beast. Plus Timmons should do work too I love his ability.

How often do you have your OLBs switch sides? He may have raped Oher if woodley went to the left side.

BTW guys this is a post I made baltimoreravens.com

This preseason Kruger was very impressive in all aspects of the game IMO. But he impressed me the most w/ his pass rush. I only had hope he could become a serviceable back up but I think he can be a lot better then that. Then it got me thinking how bout we slide Johnson to ILB.

Strengths

-Our run D will become down right unstoppable. Johnson would be a king at taking up blocks for Ray to makes plays.
-This will give us another dimension in our pass rush having a guy like Johnson rush up the middle.
-Also I think Kruger is a better pass rusher then Johnson so our pass rush off the edge will improve as well.

Weaknesses

-We might have the slowest pair of ILB In football if we do this. We will need to sub a LB in for pass plays and take JJ out.
-If we feel our young ILBs can become something it could hurt their progression.

what are your thoughts on this plan? Should we throw Kindle somewhere in this or what?
I'm not sure how much they switch sides, but if McKinnie and/or Oher is getting worked, they'll more than likely overload to that side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
How's Worilds looking?
He's shown a lot of ability. He has the quickest first step I have ever seen. He had that speed rush move most of his rookie season and worked with some more moves. He is still raw, but he's shown the ability to take over if one of our OLBs went down. I LOVE his rawness and his athleticism. He played the most snaps of any defender last night IIRC.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whatever happens week 1, its going to be a nerve-wracker... Were going to have to stretch the Steelers defense out with our vertical passing game, but if we can't keep Flacco upright its not happening.
Ngatachance92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 10:57 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Tavares Gooden got cut.
Old 09-04-2011, 02:01 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Tavares Gooden got cut.
meh, he was never a fit in the 34.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:39 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Or the NFL for that matter.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:22 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

yup, glad he's gone so this is the roster as of now?? right.. -

QB - Flacco - Taylor
RB - Rice - R. Williams - Allen(thank god) - Lawrence
FB - Leach
TE - Dickson - Pitta - Wilson?
WR - Boldin - Evans - Doss - Smith - Reed(game 1 suspension) - L. Williams
OT - Oher - McKinnie - Reid
OG - Grubbs - Yanda - LeVoir
C - Birk - Mattison

Defense

DE - Ngata - Redding - McPhee - Jones -McAdoo
DT - Cody - McKinney
OLB - Suggs - Johnson - Kindle - Kruger
ILB - Lewis - McClain - Ellerbe - Phillips -McClellan - Ayanbadejo
SS - Zbikowski - Pollard
FS - Reed - Nakamura
CB - Smith - C. Williams - Carr - Foxworth - Webb - Brown

P - Koch
K - Cundiff
LS - Cox
PR - L. Williams - Webb
KR - L. Williams - till Reed gets back from suspension ? - Webb

I'm pumped to see LaQuan Williams on the field, I have a special feeling about him.

Prescott Burress replaced by Albert McClellan? - If that's the case, I'm fine w/ it.

Why is Matt Lawrence on the team? Special teams?? Don't see the need for 4 RB's.

Our defensive backfield is DEEP. Jimmy and Cary look like the starters but I'd be okay with any of those guys starting (except for Brown)

Anyone think we should pickup Trent Edwards? He was just cut.

Last edited by BmoreBlackByrdz : 09-04-2011 at 11:51 AM.
BmoreBlackByrdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Ray Lewis/Rice
Rookie

Ray Lewis/Rice is a cocksman.Ray Lewis/Rice is a cocksman.Ray Lewis/Rice is a cocksman.Ray Lewis/Rice is a cocksman.Ray Lewis/Rice is a cocksman.

We really need to pick up someone better than Tyrod Taylor. He has bright spots but if Flacco goes down for a game or 2 were screwed.
Ray Lewis/Rice is offline   Reply With Quote