Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 09-16-2011, 11:21 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not worried in the slightest. If we did that to the Steelers, I think we'll be just fine against the Titans. I expect a heavy dose of CJ2K but we've contained him before, and while Kenny Britt could wreak some havoc I expect our offense to take full advantage of a weak Tennessee front 7 and run Ray Rice right down their throats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 02:15 PM    (permalink
xnhd12
Rookie

xnhd12 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairxnhd12 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairxnhd12 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairxnhd12 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairxnhd12 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairxnhd12 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairxnhd12 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairxnhd12 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairxnhd12 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairxnhd12 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairxnhd12 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

The depth at corner does scare me, but not as much this week since it's only going to be the Titans. I think this is a good game for Chkyie Brown to get his feet wet and get some confidence, because he might have to play a bit for the next couple of weeks while Jimmy Smith is out. The thing that worries me the most though, is Chris Johnson. We struggled against fast backs last year, but then again, Chuck Pagano wasn't our defensive coordinator last year either.
Old 09-16-2011, 03:43 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not incredibly worried. Kenny Britt is gonna get his for sure. He is just better than what we have. I'm semi confident that our corner depth will continue to hold up well. I don't have a lot of belief that Hasselbeck is going to beat us.

I think that our offense will continue to play well. Last week they were smooth but they really only played offense for about 2.5 quarters. The offense was kinda coasting later in the game. They just need to keep pushing it and I can see Flacco continuing his solid play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 04:58 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like Hasselbeck is the kind of QB who will take what he has and move the chains well against our corners with short passes. That and a few breakout runs by CJ has me concerned. Our D needs to play disciplined and maintain their gaps and not over pursue. I'd like Pollard to play more this game because he's a solid guy to come up and be an 8th man in the box to help bring down CJ.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 05:30 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, we've had trouble with Chris Johnson in the past. If he didn't get hurt in that 13-10 playoff game, we would have likely lost. Good thing he's coming off a huge holdout and hopefully we can contain him.

Hasselbeck has also given us problems in the past. This could very well be a trap game, with us coming off a huge win, hopefully they aren't too cocky and lose sight of what's important now.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:16 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ehh I don't think Johnson has really hurt us the two times we've played him. 11 attempts for 72 yards and 1 TD in the playoff game was pretty impressive but his 18 attempts for 42 yards earlier that year doesn't exactly scream "trouble." Of course a guy with Johnson's talent is always a threat and we're not going to take him lightly but I don't think he alone will be able to beat us nor do I think their passing game will be able to give him enough help to beat us. I'm predicting a Ravens win now, 24-13.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

kindle inactive again. I wish we would put him on special teams and make McCLean inactive. ALso another strange inactive thing Gorrer the CB we just signed off the practice squad is dressing over Brown a guy we had on our roster since day 1

Last edited by Ravens1991 : 09-18-2011 at 12:02 PM.
Ravens1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 02:45 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah I didn't understand that either..

and I think McClean gets the nod over Kindle because he's the better special teams player/tackler.

edit - uh-oh, Lardarius Webb, hurt. with Jimmy and Carr out, this isn't a good sign.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we had to have looked over the titans living off the high of the beatdown we laid last week. Gotta get our heads outta our ass ASAP
Old 09-18-2011, 05:38 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

totally agree, doesn't surprise me 1 bit.

Quote:
Hasselbeck has also given us problems in the past. This could very well be a trap game, with us coming off a huge win, hopefully they aren't too cocky and lose sight of what's important now.
thankfully this happened to us early and to a team like Tennessee that likely won't be in the playoff hunt.

thoughts on the game -

Why did we go with LeVoir > Gurode to replace Grubbs? Surprised our o-line struggled that much and how much did the absence of Grubbs factor into that ???

I saw the same problems that plagued us last year. Our defensive backfield getting bullied around and our WR's not getting separation.

Last edited by BmoreBlackByrdz : 09-18-2011 at 05:50 PM.
BmoreBlackByrdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:36 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey ya'll! Just wanted to say good game yesterday.

Hope ya'll aren't making to big of a deal after the loss. While it definitely looks like the Titans caught ya'll sleeping, you shouldn't think you lost to a bad team. My prediction for the Titans this year was 8-8, and I think the J'Ville loss was an aberration - the Titans couldn't execute to save their lives, the defense was without their top two DE's (which is huge for a Cover 2) and the Jags even had the ball for nearly 40 minutes - and they still only won 16-14 at home. The offense has an elite RB, finally an elite WR, an elite pass-blocking OL, and Hasselbeck will surprise a lot of people this year. He won't be the same QB that was in Seattle - he's was QB'ing a team with no RB, no WR's, and no OL then. It's a very potent group, and it's nearly impossibly to defend both CJ and Britt at the same time. The defense is pretty blue-collar, but it's more stout up front, the LB's are more aggressive, and the coverages are very complex, especially with how they're using Finnegan now, and new DC Jerry Gray is a better coordinator than Chuck Cecil was. I think both sides have improved, and this was a team that started 5-3 last year before Britt and VY missed chunks of time with injuries. The Titans and Ravens always play each other close too, so anyone who thought this should've been an easy win was illinformed.

So I think not only was there a little overlooking the Titans, but also underestimating them. And the Titans were the opposite, since ya'lls game vs the Steelers is basically our version of us vs you. You knocked us out of the playoffs three years ago, and it's our first rematch since then. It's very possible the Titans have a letdown against the Broncos next week.

Not to mention, ya'lls injuries. Missing a 1st RD pick in Jimmy Smith and a solid CB in Chris Carr, and while I don't think either would have helped that much more against Britt, they sure would've helped against Washington, who had nearly 100 yards receiving. Improved secondary means improved pass-rush too. And ya'll had the run basically stuffed all game. Plus, Ben Grubbs was missed since one of our DT's had a sack and two FF's. I mean, the Titans were missing some guys in starting SS Chris Hope, #3 WR Damian Williams, and #3 DE William Hayes, but we had depth at those spots so it wasn't as crippling.

So yeah, ya'll will recover from this. There are many ways to rationalize this loss, and ya'll still have the win over Pittsburgh under your belts, and I think there's a much better chance ya'll do better vs the rest of ya'lls division than Pitt does.

Anyway, hope ya'll don't mind me stopping by and giving my input. Good luck on the rest of the year, especially against the AFC South and Pittsburgh!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 11:08 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carr wouldn't have helped on Britt since he never (or rarely) would have lined up against him, but Smith definitely would have made a difference. I don;t think there's any disagreement that he's our best corner, even at this stage in his career, and physically he's about as good of a match-up on big receivers as you can get.

With that said I don't know how much he would have helped overall since Hasselback was really on his game that day and Britt wasn't the only receiver that hurt us. Moving Williams or Webb onto the others wouldn't have changed much IMO. Our offense/the Titans defense was what killed us.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:24 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

great move by the FO, paid Ngata generously. I was going to get ready to go on a rant on how we should be paying our best players accordingly and the Ravens did just that. Hopefully this motivates guys like Jimmy Smith, Pernell McPhee, Terrence Cody, Michael Oher etc.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Harbs has considered benching Fox cause of his knee. We need Smith back ASAP. and Carr too.
Old 09-24-2011, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott has us taking a MLB in his mock as an eventual successor to Lewis (Manti Te'o to be exact). Not saying this is the route we will go in the draft but assuming that it is: Who would you want out of the top three (Burfict, Te'o, Kuechly)?

I myself would prefer Burfict if he's still around, could see him slipping due to character concerns and being a classic Ozzie pick up.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 05:05 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

if Burfict fell to us..... oh dear lord.. YES
Old 09-25-2011, 04:44 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are you kidding me? Could Torrey Smith have a bigger coming out party! What a way to start a career. 1st quarter - 115 yards and 2 TDs.

My bad...3rd catch went for an 18 yard TD too.

Last edited by America : 09-25-2011 at 04:49 PM.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 08:41 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

great to see that from Torrey, he needed that more than anyone. But can we please FIRE CAM CAMERON?!?! Great win and all, but we should have ran the ball more, taken Flacco out with 10 mins left in the 4th and why were we passing so much late in the game?

Some of this falls on Harbaugh as well, gatta question his decisions.

Glad we rested Foxworth, Grubbs and Evans. It's going to be a ROUGH game next week vs. the Jets and I'm hoping we will have Grubbs back for that 1.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

We threw the ball way too much on 3rd, 4th and short. Other then that I liked Flacco going deep a lot. Once Evans get back being healthy him and Torrey Smith are 2 legit speedsters
Old 09-28-2011, 06:40 PM    (permalink
xnhd12
Rookie

xnhd12 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairxnhd12 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairxnhd12 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairxnhd12 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairxnhd12 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairxnhd12 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairxnhd12 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairxnhd12 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairxnhd12 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairxnhd12 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairxnhd12 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

So Foxworth made it to the IR today, but i don't understand why we replaced him with re-signing Prescott Burgess; i really want to see Sergio Kindle active on game days already! and re-signing a pure special teamer doesn't help that cause.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

what a fail Fox has been.

Anyway who does Revis cover, boldin or Smith? I predict Boldin
Old 09-30-2011, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post

I think it will be Boldin as well, but its kind of a lose lose situation whichever one they choose to put him on.
Ngatachance92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 03:31 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post

Should be Boldin. The one thing Cromartie does do well is cover guys who run deep routes and I expect he'll be on Torrey most of the time. I think we'll have to rely on Dickson and Pitta for the passing game Sunday night, which isn't really a bad thing.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:18 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

today just reminded me how much matison held back our defense.

WAR PAGANO!
Old 10-03-2011, 12:59 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The defense is just so so different. The aggressiveness is just day and night between the 2 DCs. Mattison was just 2 wasted years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote