Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 11-07-2011, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

More shotgun, and we need more cowbell.
Ngatachance92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngatachance92 View Post
More shotgun, and we need more cowbell.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 03:43 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have no idea what to do about the future of our O-Line. I kinda wish we could just draft a LT and move Oher to guard but our guards are so strong.
Old 11-08-2011, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree, Oher is a fine RT but I honestly think he could be a top 3 G in football. We will probably keep him at RT I assume.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joe Flaccos stats against the Texans and Steelers (#1 and #2 pass D in NFL)

65/109
59%
829 yards
7.6 YPA
4 TDs
1 INT

Not bad at all. We dont need him to put up a lot of TDs with our D and Rice, if he can avoid turnovers and still move the ball in the air we are set.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:48 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I agree, Oher is a fine RT but I honestly think he could be a top 3 G in football. We will probably keep him at RT I assume.
Thats a pretty big assumption.
thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I think he would if we had a scheme that can use his quickness. He is fast as **** for a lineman.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:37 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I have no idea what to do about the future of our O-Line. I kinda wish we could just draft a LT and move Oher to guard but our guards are so strong.
Move him to LG if/when Grubbs leaves, that's my preference.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

IDK if Grubbs will leave though I love Grubbs. We could do Yanda RT, Oher RG. Just brainstorming here I expect us to resign Grubbs and keep Oher at RT.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:39 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The correct solution was to keep Gaither at LT and keep Oher at RT, like any sensible person would have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

No the BLINDSIDE movie APS you have to give the fairy tale ending a try even if it means pissing away an elite oline with 4 starters 27 and under.

BTW maybe they knew something about Gaither that we didnt. He is just a back up at KC, who knows what his deal is.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:51 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

I don't know why you guys are on Gaithers you know what.

Back injuries are serious for o-lineman, and its not like hes tearing it up somewhere else. Matter of fact, hes not even starting.

I agree that Oher isn't a LT in the NFL, but I don't get when guys act like we dropped the ball on Gaither.

It is a shame though, because the guy was an elite LT before the injury.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yea but it isnt like he is backing up a bum at KC. And Bryant McKinney isnt dominating at LT now either. But we will never know the whole deal with Gaither.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:15 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone View Post
I don't know why you guys are on Gaithers you know what.

Back injuries are serious for o-lineman, and its not like hes tearing it up somewhere else. Matter of fact, hes not even starting.

I agree that Oher isn't a LT in the NFL, but I don't get when guys act like we dropped the ball on Gaither.

It is a shame though, because the guy was an elite LT before the injury.
I agree. If Gaither was as good as everyone says and his being in Harbaugh's doghouse was a bad move by the coach, then he would have a) commanded a bigger contract - he's on a cheap 1 year deal and b) would be starting. Branden Albert has been struggling. I think it was a good move getting rid of him and all the distractions surrounding him.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Evans is practicing today. If Smith continues to develop, Boldin stays at this level and Lee Evans gets healthy watch out. Not even mentioning our TEs and Ray Rice. Not even Cameron could mess that up.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Not even Cameron could mess that up.
SHHHHHHHHOOOSHHH!!!! Don't jinx us, Cameron is always up to the challenge...

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 11-09-2011, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Imagine Evans and Smith going deep with BOldin in the slot. Boldin has been raping in the slot and 2 legit deep threats. OMG possibilities are endless.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:22 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

Evans coming back would be huge for us.

But, only if Cam consistently uses the 3 WR set, which I don't think he'll do.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:10 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now that I think of it, our offense is pretty damn "versatile" (if you can call it that)

We've got Boldin playing at a good level(hopefully he stays in the slot), Smith is developing as a dangerous deep threat, getting Evans back will be huge - he can also stretch the field as well as work the sidelines similar to Mason.

We've got developing young guys in LaQuan Williams, David Reed, Dennis Pitta and Ed Dickson. Not to mention Tandon Doss who hasn't even seen the field yet.

And come late November/ December football, we've got Vonta Leach and the running game that will be ideal in cold/windy weather games.. Hopefully they utilize Jah Reid and Andre Gurode and bring back the unbalanced package. Also seeing a bit of Anthony Allen would be nice but I doubt that. :(

tons of depth everywhere and the ability to play different styles of offense. I'd say quarterbacking and coaching are the two inconsistencies we have.

Last edited by BmoreBlackByrdz : 11-09-2011 at 07:15 PM.
BmoreBlackByrdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:34 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm very excited to get Evans back. Smith has done a great job being that deep threat but I think Evans will be even better. Both of them on the field really will offer some threats that the defense has to account for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...harbaugh-upset

I bet that sound guy feels like a jackass now.

Seriously though that **** is low class, that along with them celebrating Willis McGahee laying there motionless and not letting the coaches get onto the field during the AFCG. I cant stand that team.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:37 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

man, looking at our schedule we can honestly win the rest of the games.. we have Cincy twice, Cleveland twice, San Deigo, Seattle, San Fran, and Indy and they are all winnable games.

Only reason I doubt us doing so is because of our questionable play at times during the season (vs. Jacksonville & Tennessee) but if we can play at the level we are capable of playing, consistently, then I see us finishing the season 14-2 with a bye going into the playoffs.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:45 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
man, looking at our schedule we can honestly win the rest of the games.. we have Cincy twice, Cleveland twice, San Deigo, Seattle, San Fran, and Indy and they are all winnable games.

Only reason I doubt us doing so is because of our questionable play at times during the season (vs. Jacksonville & Tennessee) but if we can play at the level we are capable of playing, consistently, then I see us finishing the season 14-2 with a bye going into the playoffs.
Finally getting homefield advantage in the playoffs would be HUGE for us, most of our inconsistencies have been on the road (and our two losses), when we play at home we are unstopable. The closest thing to not locking it up at home was that aberration against the Cards.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 11-11-2011, 03:08 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The games that I see that will be trouble are one of the Cincy games, SF, & SD. The Bengals aren't a bad team and they play us well. SF is just playing good football and if SD gets their team together the will be a challenging game.

We really need to take care of business though because the Steelers schedule is just as easy as ours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Cincy VS. Steelers sunday who should we root for? Personally Im rooting for CIN because that will give the steelers 4 losses. Judging our schedule we are a 12-4 team at worst so that will give us the upperhand on PITT. ALso worst case scenario is I would rather go to CIN for a playoff game then have PITT come here.