Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 05-07-2010, 07:23 PM    (permalink
bam bam
Veteran

bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yanda is an excellent guard but an average tackle.

Gaither is notoriously lazy. I think they lit a fire under his ass with this trade talk though, and the shift to RT probably makes it very clear to him they haven't been pleased to date.

Id trade Gaither for McKelvin straight up no problem. I am not so sure the Bills would do that. Gaither for a second? No thanks, I would rather go for the Superbowl this year. McKelvin would help contribute to that, a second round pick would not. Gaither would contribute to that, a second round pick would not.
bam bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 07:57 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bam bam View Post
Yanda is an excellent guard but an average tackle.

Gaither is notoriously lazy. I think they lit a fire under his ass with this trade talk though, and the shift to RT probably makes it very clear to him they haven't been pleased to date.

Id trade Gaither for McKelvin straight up no problem. I am not so sure the Bills would do that. Gaither for a second? No thanks, I would rather go for the Superbowl this year. McKelvin would help contribute to that, a second round pick would not. Gaither would contribute to that, a second round pick would not.
Well IMO Gaither won't be that much better than Cousins at RT.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:07 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I wouldnt say excellent RT, he was average. I still like him at RG the best.

Maybe we could work out a package where we get there 1st round pick. Like Gaither and a 2nd or something for there 1st. Chances are the Bills will be picking top 5.
If a new CBA with a rookie wage scale in place happens I could see us going for a deal like that, but I really don;t think we're going to be looking to give out a big contract to a rookie. That's supposedly one of the big reasons we want to trade Gaither in the first place.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 10:23 AM    (permalink
RavenMadness
Rookie

RavenMadness RavenMadness RavenMadness RavenMadness RavenMadness RavenMadness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
I can't believe we are going to get rid of the best offensive tackle tandem is the league. The same tandem that kept Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis at 0 Tackles 0 Sacks.

It's gonna hurt, but finances always play into football, (as football is a business) so things like this are bound to happen. It's going to take some transitioning, but we'll be fine.

So, (if we do indeed trade him) next years draft we'll be looking at CB, C, and OT. FS, WR, and LB will be later round needs.

this sucks. :(
There is no way that the Ravens have the top tackle tandem in the NFL. The Titans, Saints, Broncos, and Jets all have the Ravens beat in that department. I would prefer to keep Gaither as well but were in a similar sitiuation that the Broncos were with Brandon Marshall. We would love to keep the player but finances prevent that from actually happening.

And there is NO WAY we could get both Lee Evans and a 2nd Rounder. IN all liklihood we are going to get a 2nd-3rd round pick.
RavenMadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 11:39 AM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://thebillsbeat.com/Buffalo_Bill...spx?article=40

Quote:
BILLS ARE CLOSE TO DEAL WITH BALTIMORE FOR JARED GAITHER
Written by JOE LOGAN on 5/8/2010 11:30 AM

The Bills Beat has learned that the Buffalo Bills and the Baltimore Ravens have agreed in principal to a deal that would send Jared Gaither to the Buffalo Bills for a second round draft choice in the 2011 NFL draft.

Gaither is probably aware that his stock will lower drastically if he plays out the final year of his contract at right tackle instead of the left side where has been a starter for the past two seasons.

Buffalo has a gaping hole at left tackle and Gaither would most likely get a huge contract and become the immediate starter at that position. Our Baltimore source has said that Gaither's agent has told him to stay off the field while he negotiates a contract extension. Apparently Gaither is at the Ravens facility getting treatment today but not on the field.

The Bills currently only have rookie Ed Wang and Demetrius Bell vying for left tackle, both of whom would have trouble protecting whomever starts at QB for Buffalo this year.

The Ravens are apparently comfortable that they can replace Jared Gaither at the right tackle position after former first round pick Michael Oher officially was named the Ravens right tackle on Friday.

We will keep you up to date on the latest for this and other stories as we cover the Bills mini-camp this weekend.
bs or not?
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 11:44 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't seen anything from the Ravens' writers and such, but it wouldn't surprise me. I'd hope we could get a player thrown in as well because our team would definitely be downgraded if it was just for a pick.
Old 05-08-2010, 11:47 AM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Take DB Youbouty we have The Sex to take over his spot.
Old 05-08-2010, 11:57 AM    (permalink
RavenMadness
Rookie

Decent Trade...Now your Bills need to get a freaking QB if they ever want to compete. They already missed out on Tim Tebow..
Old 05-08-2010, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope we get a player at least, losing gaither and getting just a draft pick makes us worse for this year.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:06 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenMadness View Post
Decent Trade...Now your Bills need to get a freaking QB if they ever want to compete. They already missed out on Tim Tebow..
joke right? : )
Old 05-08-2010, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Id rather have Tebow then Brohm or Edwards
Old 05-08-2010, 12:17 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

kinda wish we got a 4th or 5th as well, but as of now, it seems like Gaither for a 2nd straight up.

When ya look at it, he probably would have tanked the season once he got his contract, he just isn't the type of player/character you want to give a long-term contract too. guys like Michael Oher, Ray Lewis, (high character) are guys you want to invest in.

I have a gut feeling that one of the Bills DB's are also involved in this trade. Probably not McKelvin, but like someone said early, Ashton Youboty.

We're losing a real talent and key part of our o-line, but at the same time, we are making moves to a competitive future.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:20 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't forget that 2nd could very well end up #33
Old 05-08-2010, 12:24 PM    (permalink
RavenMadness
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbills View Post
joke right? : )
The funny part is Tebow would have THRIVED in Buffalo under Chan Gailey. He's such a great QB coach and when you give him an athlete at the QB position you better look out. I had mocked a trade between Baltimore and Buffalo for some time now, but they got beat out by Denver. They can dispute reports saying "They were never interested". But, everyone knew Gailey wanted Tebow.

Now your stuck with a QB who can't throw 45 yards (Edwards), an erratic QB with poor accuracy ( Brohm ), and a mediocre QB that may get you 6 wins but nothing more in Fitzpatrick....He's your best option at this point.

If I were you guys I would have pursued a Vick of Thigpen this offseason...Then you guys might actually have a QB...
Old 05-08-2010, 12:26 PM    (permalink
RavenMadness
Rookie

Quote:
kinda wish we got a 4th or 5th as well, but as of now, it seems like Gaither for a 2nd straight up.

When ya look at it, he probably would have tanked the season once he got his contract, he just isn't the type of player/character you want to give a long-term contract too. guys like Michael Oher, Ray Lewis, (high character) are guys you want to invest in.

I have a gut feeling that one of the Bills DB's are also involved in this trade. Probably not McKelvin, but like someone said early, Ashton Youboty.

We're losing a real talent and key part of our o-line, but at the same time, we are making moves to a competitive future.

We do have some great history of Buffalo DB castoffs...Does Jim Jeonhard ring a bell?
Old 05-08-2010, 12:33 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Youboty would be a perfect toss-in from my standpoint. I feel like Reggie Corner regressed as the year went on, but I wasn't even sure why we re-signed Youboty. He's so frail and there are 6 other corners that could make the roster, with our top 3 being a very good group.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 12:34 PM    (permalink
RavenMadness
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Id rather have Tebow then Brohm or Edwards
I would rather have Kyle Boller...The Bills have some great talent and it's a shame there front office refuses to draft a QB.

With Gaither, Levitre, Hangartner, Wood, and Bell all returning they are going to become a physical run blocking team. They have one of the deepest back depth in the NFL. C.J. Spiller is the next coming of Chris Johnson, Fred Jackson and Marshawn Lynch are both solid running backs.

They should be able to run the ball. Problem is who's going to throw?

They added some solid defensive players Andra Davis and our very own Dwan Edwards will help them transition into a 3-4. ANd Jairyus Byrd should rightfully be ROY. The talents there...They just continue to set themsleves back by not selecting a franchise QB.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:43 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if I would say that not drafting a QB has been a continual problem. Yes, JP Losman was not a top QB prospect but we made a move with expectations for him to be our franchise QB. That ended earlier than expected with Edwards entering the picture under the new regime, and I don't think you could really say there was a year where it seemed like QB was a top need (most people felt Edwards had last year to prove himself) before this past draft.

Last edited by SuperMcGee : 05-08-2010 at 12:47 PM.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:45 PM    (permalink
RavenMadness
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
I don't know if I would say that not drafting a QB has been a continual problem. Yes, JP Losman was not a top QB prospect but we made a move with expectattions for him to be our franchise QB. That ended earlier than expected with Edwards entering the picture under the new regime, and I don't think you could really say there was a year where it seemed like QB was a top need (most people felt Edwards had last year to prove himself) before this past draft.
I just look at Trent Edwards statistics and want to vommit...Has he ever had a game in which he threw for more then 2 TD's or a pass attempted over 50 yards?
Old 05-08-2010, 12:50 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Trust me, I know the feeling as well as anybody. But you had to give him a chance going into last year, assuming we would draft a dominant tackle or pass rusher (Maybin could be).

This year, he's the last guy I want to see starting from the group.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:15 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
Don't forget that 2nd could very well end up #33
Still doesn't help us right now, we will be worse if we trade Gaither and just get a pick. I trust that we'll spend that pick well, but that's still a move that won't help us until after this season.
Old 05-08-2010, 03:59 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenMadness View Post
There is no way that the Ravens have the top tackle tandem in the NFL. The Titans, Saints, Broncos, and Jets all have the Ravens beat in that department.
Really?

I really think the Ravens have a better tackle tandem then all of those teams, especially the Saints. Gaither played like a top 5 tackle in the league and while Oher was just a rookie played amazing and is only going to get better. None of those teams you listed have a legit argument of better tackles then Baltimore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 04:19 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, I don't know what that guys talking about.

I'd take Gaither and Oher over Ferguson and Woody.

I'd take Gaither and Oher over Barron and Jason Smith

I'd take Gaither and Oher over Clady and Polumbus as well.

Tennessee has a solid argument though. Roos and Stewart are studs but I don't even know why he mentioned New Orleans, he must have been thinking of there guards.

Last edited by BmoreBlackByrdz : 05-08-2010 at 04:22 PM.
BmoreBlackByrdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 04:43 PM    (permalink
RavenMadness
Rookie

Quote:
yeah, I don't know what that guys talking about.

I'd take Gaither and Oher over Ferguson and Woody.

I'd take Gaither and Oher over Barron and Jason Smith

I'd take Gaither and Oher over Clady and Polumbus as well.

Tennessee has a solid argument though. Roos and Stewart are studs but I don't even know why he mentioned New Orleans, he must have been thinking of there guards.

In 2009 Gaither allowed 5 sacks, 4 holding penalties, and 3 false starts.
In 2009 Oher allowed 8 sacks, 0 holding penalties, and 6 false starts.

The Jets tackle tandem alone only allowed 10 sacks in between them. Add onto the fact that they were the #1 rushing team. You have to take the Jets over us right now...Let's not be bias here.

I didn't mention the rams...

The Broncos Ryan Clady and Ryan Harris are arguably the best pass protecting combo in the game....I don't know how many sacks they allowed in 2009 but in 2008 they set some sort of record for pass protecting. I don't think Clady allowed a sack and I think Harris only allowed 2.

Polumbus is the backup dude.

And the best offensive line overall in the game has to be the Titans. Superior pass protectors and mauling run blockers, Titans are spoiled because they are by far the best offensive line.

The Saints with Jammal Brown and Jonathan Stinchcomb are better then Oher and Gaither...Come on people are we really this bias.

Sure, we have a great competitive team...But to say the Ravens have a top 3 tackle duo is a huge overstatement... Their good, but not that good.
Old 05-09-2010, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Gaither not on the field again.

and it sounds like Dickson is doing real well at TE.