Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 02-15-2012, 10:47 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hell, sign Rice long term now, franchise Grubbs and trade his ass for a second rounder if we're set on letting him go. I absolutely hate when teams let elite talent walk for nothing, and while he has lapses at times, Ben Grubbs is easily a Top 10 OG in the NFL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:33 AM    (permalink
drd23
Rookie

drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I don't. Franchise QB's get paid. I fully expect Flacco to make about 9-10 million dollars per year in his new contract, a figure that will probably prevent us from retaining Ben Grubbs, who is a much better player then Flacco. Unfortunately, the NFL is a QB's world, and with Ray Rice and Ladarius Webb also needing new contracts, it looks like we're SoL as far as the offensive line is concerned.

I have so little faith in Flacco and the FO for the coming season. Do you guys really believe that 20 TDs, 3600 yards and an 80.9 QB rating from a 4th year QB is worth 10 mill a season? I'm not sure I do.
I've been arguing at another site that he really only deserves to be paid $8-10m/year, and as such I'd be happy paying him that much because he is going to be paid more than that.

I'd read a couple of articles based in statistics that have figured out the value of a QB by figuring out how performance in certain metrics = $$$. And both, using different metrics came up with Flacco being worth ~$8m/year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fdmstng99 View Post
Is Gurode coming back next season or was he here on just a 1 year deal?
It was a 1 year deal, but that is not to say that he won't be back of course
drd23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:55 AM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally, I think QBs in particular but really every player should get smaller contracts with more escalators and incentives that are performance based. That being said, Flacco is going to get paid more than many think he is worth because that is how this league works. Every QB signed between now and when they finally do get the deal done has potential of driving the number even further up the fiscal ladder. I really hope we get his deal done before the Brees deal.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:06 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngatachance92 View Post
Personally, I think QBs in particular but really every player should get smaller contracts with more escalators and incentives that are performance based. That being said, Flacco is going to get paid more than many think he is worth because that is how this league works. Every QB signed between now and when they finally do get the deal done has potential of driving the number even further up the fiscal ladder. I really hope we get his deal done before the Brees deal.
Yeah true, good point.

Though that makes me think, although everyone in the organization stayed very loyal to Joe, the huge amount of criticism he took this year does kind of play into the hands of the organization as far as contract leverage as far as his perceived value. I hate to bring this up again but I can't help but think that had Evan's foot come down half a second earlier, Flacco would have demanded and probably got more money. It's funny/crazy how it works sometimes.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd23 View Post
I've been arguing at another site that he really only deserves to be paid $8-10m/year, and as such I'd be happy paying him that much because he is going to be paid more than that.

I'd read a couple of articles based in statistics that have figured out the value of a QB by figuring out how performance in certain metrics = $$$. And both, using different metrics came up with Flacco being worth ~$8m/year.

It was a 1 year deal, but that is not to say that he won't be back of course
If only Flacco's agent could get his head out of his ass and see that he's not a top 5 quarterback. I'm so sick of hearing about his W-L record. He's ridden one of the top 2 defenses of the past decade to success.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:29 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is where my faith in the front office needs to come into effect. Please talk Linta down, Flacco didn't the W-L record himself and he shouldn't be paid solely because of it. I know the QB position is viewed differently than others but you NEVER hear about a W-L record when guys who play other highly important positions such as OT, CB, DE, etc. need new contracts.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joe is gonna be payed big time because he is a QB and a pretty good one at that. He will be paid as a top 5 QB because its the most recent contract for a good QB.

Like it or not W-L record is always a huge part of being a QB. No other position has the level of influence on a game as the QB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:27 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Despite all of Joe's flaws and whatnot, you can't say that we would have made the playoffs the past four years with someone like Mark Sanchez, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Matt Cassell, or Jay Cutler at the helm. Hell, I couldn't even see Tony Romo or Matt Schaub leading this team to the playoffs.

I'm not saying Joe's up there with Brady, Brees, Manningx2, and Co. and I too don't believe that he deserves TOP 5 money but he's going to get a big contract regardless, that's just how the NFL is.

I honestly think the biggest offseason mistake has already been made, and that is the promotion of grandpa Dean Pees to Defensive Coordinator. It's gonna be bad folks.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:23 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
Despite all of Joe's flaws and whatnot, you can't say that we would have made the playoffs the past four years with someone like Mark Sanchez, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Matt Cassell, or Jay Cutler at the helm. Hell, I couldn't even see Tony Romo or Matt Schaub leading this team to the playoffs.

I'm not saying Joe's up there with Brady, Brees, Manningx2, and Co. and I too don't believe that he deserves TOP 5 money but he's going to get a big contract regardless, that's just how the NFL is.

I honestly think the biggest offseason mistake has already been made, and that is the promotion of grandpa Dean Pees to Defensive Coordinator. It's gonna be bad folks.
I will take Jay Cutler 100X out of 100 over Joe Flacco, and it isnt even close. That's absolutely asinine. Tony Romo and Matt Schaub are also much, MUCH better QBs then Flacco. Suggesting otherwise is absolutely ridiculous.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:25 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

I'll be shocked if anyone actually agrees with me, but I'd franchise Rice, and trade him if someone offered a top 25 pick.

Rice is an elite back, but hes almost become a crutch to the offense. We are way too reliant on him. The running game just isn't as important as it used to be. Maybe if Rice left, Cam would finally start using more than 2 WR's.
thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:35 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No. In no way would I trade away Rice. He is a 25 year old RB who is near the top in rushing and receiving ability. Most of the time we complain that he isn't used enough. I don't even think there is another RB in the league I would trade for Rice right now. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:44 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You don't give away one of the best offensive weapons in the NFL for a top 25 pick. Sure we rely on him but that's because he's such a good player. He doesn't just affect the running game, he's a big factor in the passing game as well and he would be anywhere else he would go.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Why the hell would we trade our only elite offensive player? For a Top 25 pick? Sure, maybe if someone offered a Top 10 pick you think about it. Even then I doubt we do it.
Quote:
Old 02-17-2012, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone View Post
I'll be shocked if anyone actually agrees with me, but I'd franchise Rice, and trade him if someone offered a top 25 pick.

Rice is an elite back, but hes almost become a crutch to the offense. We are way too reliant on him. The running game just isn't as important as it used to be. Maybe if Rice left, Cam would finally start using more than 2 WR's.
That's just madness, we don't have a RB on the roster to replace him so what? Are we going to use that top 25 pick to..... draft a runningback? You were right in thinking that noone would agree with you because its just not a good idea and not in the least bit plausible. We rely on Ray Rice because he's the best offensive weapon and without him we wouldn't be able to do what we do in the passing game because instead of the running back now they are focused on the passing game.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:58 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Why the hell would we trade our only elite offensive player? For a Top 25 pick? Sure, maybe if someone offered a Top 10 pick you think about it. Even then I doubt we do it.
Let's assume we get a top 5-10 pick. Is trading Rice for one of Blackmon, Rieff, Coples, etc. even close to a good deal? The answer is a resounding no. I guess we could draft Richardson to replace him but what's the point? Bad, bad idea.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:19 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Word is Flacco's deal will fall between 10-16 mil.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:43 PM    (permalink
drd23
Rookie

drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Word is Flacco's deal will fall between 10-16 mil.
WTF? Since when did Flacco become a QB of the same quality of Eli/Rivers/Roethlisberger?
drd23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd23 View Post
WTF? Since when did Flacco become a QB of the same quality of Eli/Rivers/Roethlisberger?
Since when did the league start paying people according to what they are worth? Players are paid based on deals that others have gotten at that position, those deals were made in the past so are a basis for what Flacco will be paid.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This off season is going to make me puke. I just wanna hibernate from football, wake up for the draft and wake up for pre-season with a new kicker other then Cundiff. Maybe that will ease the pain.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:11 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

Its already made me puke. Cam Cameron is still here.

It can't get any worse than that....
thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 01:54 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Now that ERU is never around, I swear you guys are trying to compensate by being a bunch of Debby Downers.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:07 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He hated and wanted us to fire Ozzie Newsome. It is impossible to be a bigger debbie downer then that.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:07 AM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Now that ERU is never around, I swear you guys are trying to compensate by being a bunch of Debby Downers.
It was a hard loss, hopefully that's it. We put a quality product on the field year after year and there are a lot of teams in this league that wish they could lose the way that we did. They'll come around sometime in the preseason I suspect.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:19 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big Dawg was worse than ERU. He thought everyone should be fired except for Kyle Boller, who for some reason he thought was a good quarterback.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still don't understand why/how those two supported Boller so damn much yet bag the hell outta Flacco.

Last edited by BmoreBlackByrdz : 02-20-2012 at 04:41 PM.
BmoreBlackByrdz is offline   Reply With Quote