Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 09-13-2010, 09:50 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Flacco had about 5 WTF moments tonight (including the sack fumble and INT), but I was encouraged about what I saw from him the rest of the game. He was working just about every part of the field and was spreading it out. Maybe that's just because of the two guys we've added, but it's very nice to see him looking downfield and attempting passes in that directions.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:51 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know I just get nervous any time I see him getting pressured, he doesn't appear to read defenses fast enough. Boldin, Housh, Mason, and Heap are all 3rd down killers, he needs to find them. BTW Heap proved last year wasn't a fluke, he's back. But damn WTF was Zbi thinking on that return, crazy.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, that was a great defensive game by you guys. The offense was meh, but I expect it to turn around. Raven defense might be back. I just want to see it against a better offensive team.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:59 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Man, that was a great defensive game by you guys. The offense was meh, but I expect it to turn around. Raven defense might be back. I just want to see it against a better offensive team.
I thought the offense was good. They had ****** field position all game and still kept us ahead.

I thought the defense did what they had to do but let's not forget, the Jets played an awful offensive game, so don't give the Raven defense all the credit. :)

So ******* happy we beat Rex :D
Old 09-13-2010, 11:01 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was much more impressed with Flacco in the second half then in the first. Overthrowing McClain in the end zone was just embarrassing. Boldin abused Wilson and the defense played great. Cant wait to see the D once we actually have our top 2 picks on the field.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 02:24 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I was much more impressed with Flacco in the second half then in the first. Overthrowing McClain in the end zone was just embarrassing. Boldin abused Wilson and the defense played great. Cant wait to see the D once we actually have our top 2 picks on the field.
Still mad that we didn't take Wilson?
Old 09-14-2010, 08:08 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought all things considered he played relatively well. When it all comes down to it, leaving a rookie CB in zero coverage against one of the more physical and experienced receivers in the league with a QB who can toss it anywhere at will is kind of a recipe for disaster. I still think he's going to be a damn good CB in this league, despite that disappointing opening game.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The jets fans are as classless as Rex.

Flacco had a few WTF moments in that game. Overall I give him a B, B-. I noticed his deep accuracy seemed to improve. His deep ball accuracy sucked last season. It improved yesterday.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:59 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Flacco's 3rd down passing was amazing. Doesn't hurt though that Mason, Boldin, Housh, and even Heap are some of the best 3rd down receivers in the NFL. I know the financial aspect and playing time aspect but still would be nice to still have Clayton as he could go deep and would often times be covered by safeties or backers as the 4th wideout. BTW on the McClain play Flacco had no business missing that but I do think he expected McClain to fade to the corner like the route was probably designed but McClain probably just stopped in place knowing he was wide open.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 12:03 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I thought all things considered he played relatively well. When it all comes down to it, leaving a rookie CB in zero coverage against one of the more physical and experienced receivers in the league with a QB who can toss it anywhere at will is kind of a recipe for disaster. I still think he's going to be a damn good CB in this league, despite that disappointing opening game.

This was my point in the gameday thread. I mean he's going against one of the games better WR's in Boldin in man to man coverage with an all out blitz, no safety help, no LB shading, nothing. Put any rookie CB in the same situation as him and your gonna see the same results.

Revis should of just shadowed Boldin all over the place anyway, but I think Wilson is still gonna be a stud but anyone who thought he was gonna shut down Boldin on an island by himself in his very first game was fooling themselves. What Wilson will be asked to do, and what someone like Kareem Jackson will be asked to do is completely different.

I'm just still amazed you guys pulled a deal to get Q last off-season. He's so perfect for this team. Not a finesse deep guy but a guy who can work short slants, screens, work the middle with incredible toughness just like the rest of the team. There isn't a better fit period, he just needs to stay healthy.

Housh getting dropped was a blessing in disguise because he's back to his role like in Cincy where he can make a few tough catches when needed. Your biggest weakness for years has all of a sudden became a team strength at WR. If Flacco can step it up and not make some of those bonehead plays no reason you guys aren't representing the AFC in the super bowl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
BTW Heap proved last year wasn't a fluke, he's back. But damn WTF was Zbi thinking on that return, crazy.
Heap is a very legit TE, all-around game and can ball, his problem is staying healthy. I don't think there has ever been questions on if he can play, but I fully expect him to miss some games this year at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 12:10 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

I really think at this point, Boldin's become underrated as a deep threat. Sure he isn't a burner with 4.3 speed, but he looked damn good on some deep routes last night and there was a few times where he straight up ran by some guys who are supposedly alot faster then he is. When you add that to his ability to track the ball and go up and get it, he isn't quite the burnt out old receiver he's being made to be. He looked pretty sprightly last night, thats for sure. I was impressed.
Quote:
Old 09-14-2010, 06:58 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nakamura 4 punt returns please
Old 09-14-2010, 09:31 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Heap is a very legit TE, all-around game and can ball, his problem is staying healthy. I don't think there has ever been questions on if he can play, but I fully expect him to miss some games this year at some point.
IIRC he hasn't missed a game in the last two years. Honestly I don't expect him to be as much of an injury risk as he was before because he really doesn't play the same way. Heap's not putting his body at risk like he did when he was younger. He's not as effective as before, but at least he's staying healthy. Besides, we actually have backups at the TE position now. Ed Dickson played quite a bit Monday night (although he was in there mainly as a blocker), and the team seems to be pretty high on him. We have Pitta as well now so I think we're set at TE regardless if Heap goes down again or not.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We released Mcann. Then Signed Prince Miller.

My guess is we did this because we want Miller as our PR now. Also w/ Nakamura showing he can play nickel I geuss we decided to cut McCann.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:28 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

We've had a few odd moves the last couple of days. Yesterday we reached injury settlements with Stefan Rodgers and David Hale and waived them from the IR, while also cutting Andrew Gardner from the PS just to bring back Hunter Cant(throw)well. I'm assuming the same thing you are that Miller will be our PR now. What I don't understand is that McCann himself was supposed to be a pretty good return man...
Old 09-15-2010, 07:00 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm happy to have Prince Miller returning punts. Zib is too valuable to put back there with out current safety depth, plus he didn't look that great back there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:02 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Prince wins the battle vs. Zbikowski for the PR job.

IDK why Harbaugh is risking injury to Zbibby when we have/had other capable returners. (he already mess up with Reed and Stallworth!)
Old 09-16-2010, 12:31 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never understood the Hale pick. It was a bad value at the time and he never became anything.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:44 AM    (permalink
bam bam
Veteran

bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea the Hale pick was abysmal.
bam bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 02:41 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

So far, on NFL Networks top 100 players, we have two that have already made it-

Ed Reed and Jonathan Ogden. Hines Ward presenting Reed and Strahan presenting J.O.

I expect Ray Lewis to be the final Raven to make the list, it's impressive that the Ravens have only been in existence since 96, but still manage to produce 2-3 hall of famers AND a super bowl victory....

kinda random :)

so what are yalls thoughts on the Cincy game on Sunday?

I have a bad feeling that our secondary is going to get torn apart by Palmer and his arsenal.

Offensively, I just hope we can keep up with the Bengals. :(

prediction -

31-21 Bengals win

also, I think we'll finally see Lardarius Webb back :)
Old 09-16-2010, 02:45 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
So far, on NFL Networks top 100 players, we have two that have already made it-

Ed Reed and Jonathan Ogden. Hines Ward presenting Reed and Strahan presenting J.O.

I expect Ray Lewis to be the final Raven to make the list, it's impressive that the Ravens have only been in existence since 96, but still manage to produce 2-3 hall of famers AND a super bowl victory....

kinda random :)

so what are yalls thoughts on the Cincy game on Sunday?

I have a bad feeling that our secondary is going to get torn apart by Palmer and his arsenal.

Offensively, I just hope we can keep up with the Bengals. :(

prediction -

31-21 Bengals win

also, I think we'll finally see Lardarius Webb back :)

I understand based on recent years, but nothing about Cincy really impressed me from that New England game. They were only able to get consistent drives once the Pats' D basically mailed it in. Our D is light years ahead of New England's, so if we can set an early tone offensively and put some points up early the same result should come to fruition.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

We are getting Webb back which is good. Also Wilson gets another week in the system. And like BigDawg said Bengals didnt impress me one bit last week. I think we will win
Old 09-18-2010, 05:03 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

IDK guys, Cincy needs the win more, Carson has always had success vs. us, their at home, (desperate) and have the weapons to rip our secondary apart.
Old 09-18-2010, 05:07 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
IDK guys, Cincy needs the win more, Carson has always had success vs. us, their at home, (desperate) and have the weapons to rip our secondary apart.
And they couldn't do anything to stop the Patriots offense, nor could they produce against a weak Patriots' defense until the game was well out of hand.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 07:26 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Kind of a random thought, but if Terrence Cody plays I think we have a good shot at containing Benson this year. Having a mountain to control the interior is how you stop him IMO.