Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 09-25-2010, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont think Stallworth hurt himself on PR.

But I agree put miller back there. I think Webb could be a great PR, but he doesnt belong back there after that injury dont risk it. The guy is a baller at CB.

I want Nakamura to get a shot at PR if Miller is cut i think he would do well.
Old 09-25-2010, 06:10 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
I don't hate Miller, I just think the coaches see him as just a player to fill a roster spot. If it was up to me, I'd have him back there returning punts, not Tom Zbikowski.

I even read earlier on the Sun that we're putting Lardarius Webb back at the PR spot.(haven't they learned from there mistakes??) I seriously am questioning Harbaugh and Rosberg's decisions with the PR game. Use a guy like Josh Wilson or Prince Miller. Don't put Webb back there and risk another injury, just like they ruined Webb's season last year, just like they ruined Stallworth start to the reason, just like the wasted Ed Reed. DONT FREAKIN WASTE YOUR STARTERS IN THE GOD DAMN PR GAME!
You do realize he made his bones as a Special Teams Coordinator in Philly where he had his starting RB, Brian Westbrook, returning punts right????

Harbaugh makes so many bonehead decisions it boggles my mind. I mean they take Paul Kruger in the 2nd round, then work with him and rave about him all offseason and in training camp, yet he can't even get activated. Brian Billick gets run out of town because of having a team committing too many penalties yet Harbaugh's team is worse. Then there's his decision in bringing in Greg Mattison as Defensive Coordinator, who yes I hate, who runs a scheme that basically exposes are defense's flaws and ignores our strengths.

Yes he has a winning record, and makes the playoffs, but we also can't beat the freaking Bengals, we fall apart deep in the playoffs, and this year could be an epic implosion if the ship doesn't get righted and soon.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah IMO Harb puts who he likes at positions instead of who is better. Mattison had 30+ years at college. Comes to baltimore for a season as a LB coach. When Rex leaves we announce we are going in house for the coordinator spot, then we pick the guy w/ the least NFL experience and the least experience on the team. Every other defensive position coach deserves to be pissed about that.

Then he had Mark Clayton as the #2 WR. Flacco never targeted him as a #2. Clayton got hurt then Demetrius Williams comes in. Flacco targeted Dwill a heck of a lot more when Dwill was #2 then when Clayton was #2. When Clayton gets healthy Dwill enver sees the field again and Clayton never seemed to see a pass go his way.
Old 09-26-2010, 05:18 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

man, I'm a bit worried about the game today.... and what's gonna happen next Sunday when we play a true defense...

The Browns made us earn the win, and what's going on with our run game??

Also, our defense seriously needs to start generating turnovers. I mean, it's the freakin Browns with their backup QB. Do we really miss Ed Reed THAT much? I don't think we've picked off a pass all season.. That's pretty pathetic.

Also, I was listening to the radio after the game, and many people(who were at the game) said they saw Mason (after Boldin's 3rd TD catch) go straight to the bench (as the rest of the offense went to congratulate Boldin) and sit on the bench by himself.

Now, we all know the great things Mason has done, but he has to be willing to share the ball. It's crazy, and he needs to keep his cool as well.(delay of game penalty) He's acting like Terrell Owens.

Also, anyone else agree that we need Jared Gaither back? I know he's being a real bum about getting moved to RT but if moving him back to LT is what gets him back on the field, I say go for it...

and props to Michael Oher for sticking up for Todd Heap when that stupid Browns defender attacked him for no apparent reason. We all know who should have been flagged on that. Should have been off setting penalties, absolutely ridiculous.
Old 09-26-2010, 05:25 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our run game is fine, we just don't use it enough. Rice averaged over 5 yards a cerry before he went out today, but he only ran the ball 15 times. Although McGahee wasn't too effective averaging under 3 yards a carry, I think we still need to run the ball more. I'm a bit concerned about the defense's lack of turnovers as well, I don't think it's all because Reed is out though. We've had a few dropped potential picks, the guys just need to finish the play. There's no way we're bringing back Gaither and playing him at LT though, not after we started Oher there all pre-season and the first three games of the regular season. Gaither won't be back after this season and we need to get Oher acclimated to the position anyways.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

My biggest fear was the run D. WTF Hillis got 140 yards. Thats just embarassing.
Old 09-26-2010, 05:39 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
Our run game is fine, we just don't use it enough. Rice averaged over 5 yards a cerry before he went out today, but he only ran the ball 15 times. Although McGahee wasn't too effective averaging under 3 yards a carry, I think we still need to run the ball more. I'm a bit concerned about the defense's lack of turnovers as well, I don't think it's all because Reed is out though. We've had a few dropped potential picks, the guys just need to finish the play. There's no way we're bringing back Gaither and playing him at LT though, not after we started Oher there all pre-season and the first three games of the regular season. Gaither won't be back after this season and we need to get Oher acclimated to the position anyways.
it's funny because me, you and many other Raven fans see this and it's pretty damn obvious, but why the hell does our front office just keep him and let him rot on the bench? why not just trade him and get at least a 2nd or 3rd instead of getting nothing from his during the season and then let him walk right out the door at the end of the year.
Old 09-26-2010, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

use him for this season, then franchise and trade him. that maybe the plan
Old 09-26-2010, 09:20 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
use him for this season, then franchise and trade him. that maybe the plan
I doubt we can get a 2nd or 3rd for him by the end of this season.

Hell, I doubt we even see him on the field for this season..

franchise tagging him wouldn't be a bad idea since he's now a right tackel and not a left tackle. Also, can you trade a player that has been franchise tagged?? What if he refuses to sign the tag?
Old 09-26-2010, 09:49 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The franchise tag isn't for specific positions on the OL, it's a general OL tag so we wouldn't be saving any money since he's a RT and not a LT right now. I'm pretty sure we can trade a player as long as he signed the tag since he's under contract, if he refuses he'll just have to hold out. I'd assume he would be allowed to talk to other teams and work out a contract with them if that was the case, then we would sign and trade him (I think, not too sure ATM).
Old 09-27-2010, 11:53 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't worry about Mason, who cares. As long as he doesn't make an incident or not play hard he can pout all he wants. I can understand though some frustration as Flacco really doesn't read the fied well and basically goes into every play knowing he will pass it to one or two guys. Mason used to be the guy Flacco looked at but now even if he's open Flacco won't hit him unless there is a world of proteciton. Mason though needs to accept this.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 02:57 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Eventually, teams will start to respect Boldin as a #1 WR and double him, leading to Heap, Mason, and Housh and eventually Stallworth getting single covered.

Also, it's only Monday and I'm dreading this Sunday's matchup vs. Pittsburgh.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:25 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm excited about this Sunday's game. Always a battle and it will definitely be a testing point to how good our run game is doing. We have been running the ball pretty well and so if we can have a repeat performance and will be extremely happy.

I know it won't be as easy. The Ravens will come playing harder than they were against the Browns. So I don't expect Mendenhall to get 140+.

As usual, I'm sure it will be a slug fest.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are you guys just trying to keep Rice fresh for the 2nd half of the year? Only 15 carries this week and last week as well. He's averaging over 5 yards a run so I don't get it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 03:36 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Are you guys just trying to keep Rice fresh for the 2nd half of the year? Only 15 carries this week and last week as well. He's averaging over 5 yards a run so I don't get it.
He got hurt yesterday.

Old 09-27-2010, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
He got hurt yesterday.
Oh ok. I was at the Giants game so I didn't hear anything about that. Even last week though they were limiting his carries even though Flacco was terrible.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 04:04 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Oh ok. I was at the Giants game so I didn't hear anything about that. Even last week though they were limiting his carries even though Flacco was terrible.
They aren't limiting him for any reason other then Cam Cameron's choice in play calling and preference for the pass.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 04:10 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Yeah I think they have been trying to show off this new passing game with mixed results. Another reason for the lack of carries is the Ravens haven't been converting on a bunch of 3rd downs. Also yesterday the biggest issue was the defenses inability to stop Peyton Hillis. He kept moving the chains and kept the Ravens offense on the sidelines which meant limited opportunities and more of an urgency to bomb it out. Haha still shocked at how open Q was on some of those plays. Eric Wright really had a lousy day.

Old 09-27-2010, 04:27 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

****?

Ray Rice has a significant contusion

I think he'll be questionable for the game on Sunday.

I say sit him, it's not like we're going to be able to run the ball on the Steelers anyway. Partly because there playing great defense right now and partly because Cam Cameron just wants to pass the ball and make Joe Flacco a 4,000 yard passer.

I think McGahee is more than capable of filling in. Its not worth risking Rice's injury getting worse.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:47 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

At the same time I don't think McGahee will be much of a factor if we decide to sit Rice him for most of the game. He's capable of being the starter, I just don't think his style is what will work against the Steelers.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:55 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McClain is the style that will work best for the Steelers but don't tell the Ravens FO this.

Old 09-27-2010, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

dont worry Cameron will think he has a brilliant trick up his sleeve by passing 50 times next sunday.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:24 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His failure to use Ray Rice is absolutely killing my fantasy football team. Damn you Cam Cameron! Damn you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:26 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
McClain is the style that will work best for the Steelers but don't tell the Ravens FO this.
That's what I'm thinking as well, but we won't use him a ton in the run-game since we don't have a backup FB like we did when Neal was here.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:40 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
dont worry Cameron will think he has a brilliant trick up his sleeve by passing 50 times next sunday.
That will be good for us. haha, is Oher still on the right or the left now?? Because Woodley always likes going against Oher.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
That's what I'm thinking as well, but we won't use him a ton in the run-game since we don't have a backup FB like we did when Neal was here.
And would that really matter seeing as how yall don't run the ball that much anyways??