Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 09-27-2010, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
That will be good for us. haha, is Oher still on the right or the left now?? Because Woodley always likes going against Oher.
And would that really matter seeing as how yall don't run the ball that much anyways??
Wood will be going against Yanda IIRC. Either way, I can see Wood having a pretty solid game.

Didn't Cam Cameron do this **** last year too? Throw it like 40 times the first third or half the season, then go back to the run?
Old 09-27-2010, 07:52 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Wood will be going against Yanda IIRC. Either way, I can see Wood having a pretty solid game.

Didn't Cam Cameron do this **** last year too? Throw it like 40 times the first third or half the season, then go back to the run?
And his tenure in San Diego, its not surprising but it is frustrating.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Woodley crushed Oneil COusins last game when Cousins was the RT. Yanda is RT now, he is a upgrade over Cousins but I expect Woodley to make a couple plays. But if some how Gaither gets back then he will go against Gaither.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:26 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yanda might be better than Cousins at RT, but not by much. I think we're better off with Yanda at RG and Cousins at RT than we are with Chester at RG and Yanda at RT.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah that maybe the case. Chester is just so weak he gets bull rushed easily. I seriously want to see Cousins at RG, I think he would be a menace right there.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:32 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd actually like to see Cousins move inside to RG. He'd be a mauler inside with solid feet for a guard. But at RT, I don't trust him in pass pro against speed rushers.

edit: Ravens1991 just beat me to it.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

he would have the perfect attitude for right guard, he is big enough. I think he would be quick enough to do pulls and what not. He is just a head case and you cant be that when facing exotic 34 schemes
Old 09-27-2010, 09:35 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oher-Grubbs-Birk-Cousins-Gaither would be a badass O-Line.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:00 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't argue that moving Cousins to RG would be the best for him, but I don't think he would be better than Yanda. Marshall is an absolute beast inside and one of the most underrated OL in the game IMO.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:03 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ive been campaigning the Cousins to G move for like 20 pages of this thread. He would be a beast inside and a perfect compliment to Grubbs. I think he should of started his career there TBH, he never had the feet to play outside in pass pro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yeah the guy is perfect. I question his temper as well. Say he messes up and lets a big sack go he loses his cool. see Pittsburgh game.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:15 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Ive been campaigning the Cousins to G move for like 20 pages of this thread. He would be a beast inside and a perfect compliment to Grubbs. I think he should of started his career there TBH, he never had the feet to play outside in pass pro.
Want to do another sig bet?? Since I am still wearing the one you made me last year (I liked it so much). Let me know.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 12:51 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Yes but... Yanda already is the perfect compliment to Grubbs ;).
Old 09-28-2010, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

we might not be able to sign Yanda and Grubbs. remember Yanda,Grubbs,Ngata,Gaither and I think Rice will need new contracts. Then throw in the fact that Oher and Flacco are still on their rookie deals. We may have to let Yanda or Grubbs go and make chester or cousins our G.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm willing to do a sig bet with a Raven fan.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This game is gong to be epic, over/under combined sacks...8.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:35 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Gaither won't be getting a new contract, I'm almost sure of that. We're going to keep Cousins as our RT of the future with Yanda as the RG. Flacco, Rice, and Oher are still 2-3 years off for contract extensions so I don't think they will play much of a factor in keeping Yanda around. Ngata's contract is coming and it's going to be a big one, no getting around that. Yanda and CHester are both FAs after this season, and I think a team will offer Chester a chance to go in and be they're starter at RG. This past offseason I believe he was a RFA so there wasn't much interest in him. Honestly I don't see us letting Yanda get away at all, or Grubbs for that matter.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

JW what contracts will be done so we will have some room? I assume JJ,Greg,Pryce all will have there contracts end. so assuming there is a salary cap it maybe tough for us to keep everyone.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:58 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

I doubt we will bring back Gregg and Pryce after this season (when their contracts end), and I think they will just retire. Johnson's contract ends after this season too IIRC, he will be an interesting guy to watch this offseason. I think we would like to keep him, but I could see a team offering him a substantial contract and we would be unwilling to match. Off the top of my head the guys who are expiring this season (important guys I should say) are:

Ngata
Chester
Landry
Washington
Carr
Wilson
Yanda
LeRon McClain
Mason
Heap
Yanda
Grubbs (?)
Johnson (?)
Jameel McClain (?)

Quite a few guys, but I don't think that the guys we will keep will command so much money that we won't be able to keep our pick of them.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:51 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
This game is gong to be epic, over/under combined sacks...8.
I give the Steelers over 8 by themselves, and we'll get 0 again....This sunday is gonna be an embarassment.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Suggs may get 1 or 2. He usually plays well against Pittsburgh we will see. We honestly shouldnt have gotten rid of barnes IMO.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:11 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Suggs may get 1 or 2. He usually plays well against Pittsburgh we will see. We honestly shouldnt have gotten rid of barnes IMO.
Why so Kruger would have a buddy on the bench with him to spend time with?

This game could be a train wreck for us:

Pittsburgh is more physical and more disciplined then us

They aren't afraid to pound the ball and we have new found flaws

We don't travel well in hostile environments

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

he would be a speed rusher to shake things up a bit. His last 4 games in Baltimore he had 3 sacks.

speaking of Kruger apparently he had a shoulder injury thats why he was inactive. baltimoreravens.com said that he will probably be in the rotation now that Redding is hurt.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:34 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every time I hear Kruger's name, all I can think about is how Sean Smith was sitting right there, ready to be picked...and we chose Kruger instead. Ugh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yeah I wanted either Sean Smith or Jarron Gilbert. How is Gilbert doing I remember he was a freak athlete.

I am not hating on Kruger I just wished we had someone else.