Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 04-01-2010, 02:44 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
We would lose depth in the backfield so I wouldn't put us at a top 5 running game. Even though Willis don't play a lot when he does he does good. You would have to hope whoever takes Gaithers spot steps up and plays at least close to his level or teams with good pass rush will eat us alive. Overall I can **** with it but I like having Willis out there with Rice
We really wanted to get James Starks. He almost fell to us in the 5th but the Bills stole him from us just before we could take him.

We figured that could be the one of the better young backfields in the NFL for an very low price.
Old 04-01-2010, 03:46 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
We really wanted to get James Starks. He almost fell to us in the 5th but the Bills stole him from us just before we could take him.

We figured that could be the one of the better young backfields in the NFL for an very low price.
Willis proved very effective late in the year and thats not something you can count on with a rookie. The running game is not a problem and shouldn't be tampered with.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 03:55 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we were to move Willis, Ive full confidence in LeRon to step in and take some carries from Raymell. Hes a good compliment and Id like to see him get some more carries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 04:31 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If we were to move Willis, Ive full confidence in LeRon to step in and take some carries from Raymell. Hes a good compliment and Id like to see him get some more carries.
I wouldn't mind shipping McGahee away, especially for a 3rd. Mainly because he has a large contract, which he doesn't really deserve, now that he is a backup. Granted, he does play hard, but with such a talented draft, if someone offered a 3rd, I could see Ozzie pulling the trigger.

Financially it would be a great move and it's not going to hurt the backfield, as long as you bring in either a full-time fullback (so McClain can move to RB) or another RB to take over for McGahee.

hey, maybe Parmele can be that guy, he looked great on kick return last year. He's someone to lookout for in training camp. (if we do somehow trade McGahee)
Old 04-01-2010, 06:55 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My new Ravens mock!
I like it a lot better than before.
A++++

(TRADE: RB, Willis McGahee, for a 4th round pick)
(TRADE: QB, Troy Smith, for a 6th round pick)

1st round: DT, Dan Williams, Tennessee.
2nd round: CB, Dominique Franks, Oklahoma.
4th round: TE, Jimmy Graham, Miami.
5th round: OLB, George Selvie, USF.
5th round: WR, Mike Williams, Syracuse.
6th round: FS, Van Eskridge, ECU.
6th round: QB, Rusty Smith, Florida Atlantic.

Last edited by GoRavens : 04-01-2010 at 06:57 PM.
GoRavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 07:01 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do not trade Willis McGahee....thats such an awful idea.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 07:06 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
Could not agree more!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 04-01-2010, 07:09 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
My new Ravens mock!
I like it a lot better than before.
A++++

(TRADE: RB, Willis McGahee, for a 4th round pick)
(TRADE: QB, Troy Smith, for a 6th round pick)

1st round: DT, Dan Williams, Tennessee.
2nd round: CB, Dominique Franks, Oklahoma.
4th round: TE, Jimmy Graham, Miami.
5th round: OLB, George Selvie, USF.
5th round: WR, Mike Williams, Syracuse.
6th round: FS, Van Eskridge, ECU.
6th round: QB, Rusty Smith, Florida Atlantic.
who would give up a 4th rounder for McGahee?

Quote:
say we got a 3rd or 4th for him, would you still want to keep him?
Old 04-01-2010, 07:25 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like McGahee, don't get me wrong.
But his upside is clearly on the decline. (29 years old)
He's sooo inconsistent, and if our O-line didn't open up massive holes, he wouldn't make much of an impact.
Trading him to a team that could use a powerful veteran wouldn't be a bad idea.
And there's a handful of teams that would love him.
1) Houston
2) Philadelphia
3) Cleveland
- Plus McClain is more powerful than McGahee, and I like what Jalen Parmele can do. (Big, Young & Explosive)
Old 04-01-2010, 07:36 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
say we got a 3rd or 4th for him, would you still want to keep him?
We're not gonna get a 3rd and 4th for him, we'd be lucky to get a 5th for him. And if we got a 3rd and 4th maybe but I still dont like it, because it depletes the depth we have at RB.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:15 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
We're not gonna get a 3rd and 4th for him, we'd be lucky to get a 5th for him. And if we got a 3rd and 4th maybe but I still dont like it, because it depletes the depth we have at RB.
true, it would kill our depth in the backfield, but if a team like San Diego gave up a 3rd or 4th, I think we should accept that in a heartbeat.

reasons

his large contact, trading him would help big time, financially.
Also, this is such a loaded draft, so the more picks we have, the better.
he is aging, and I said earlier that I think Parmele needs to be given a shot. He's young, explosive and physical.

but that being said, I doubt any team offers a 3rd or 4th, for the reasons I just stated, he's aging and has a large contract.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:22 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
true, it would kill our depth in the backfield, but if a team like San Diego gave up a 3rd or 4th, I think we should accept that in a heartbeat.

reasons

his large contact, trading him would help big time, financially.
Also, this is such a loaded draft, so the more picks we have, the better.
he is aging, and I said earlier that I think Parmele needs to be given a shot. He's young, explosive and physical.

but that being said, I doubt any team offers a 3rd or 4th, for the reasons I just stated, he's aging and has a large contract.
The uncapped year makes this irrelevant.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 04-01-2010, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We dont even use McGahee unfourtanetly, I think Parmele could take McGahee load and do it just fine. But if we actually want to use McGahee he can be very effective for us.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth

Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco: While Roethlisberger is not attending offseason workouts in Pittsburgh, Flacco is working hard this offseason to take his game to the next level. He's developing chemistry in the offseason program with new receivers Anquan Boldin and Donte' Stallworth. Flacco also took part in baseball training this offseason to strengthen his throwing arm and shoulders. The third-year quarterback, who already has won three career playoff games, hopes to make the jump from a good player to a great one in 2010. If work ethic has anything to do with it, Flacco should be well on his way.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:04 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why would we want Dan Williams again?
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 07:24 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
The uncapped year makes this irrelevant.
yeah, but won't it take effective next year thuogh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth

Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco: While Roethlisberger is not attending offseason workouts in Pittsburgh, Flacco is working hard this offseason to take his game to the next level. He's developing chemistry in the offseason program with new receivers Anquan Boldin and Donte' Stallworth. Flacco also took part in baseball training this offseason to strengthen his throwing arm and shoulders. The third-year quarterback, who already has won three career playoff games, hopes to make the jump from a good player to a great one in 2010. If work ethic has anything to do with it, Flacco should be well on his way.
man, you rarely get to read stuff like this. Praising Joe Flacco!! Man I love it!! I can't wait to see how Joe Flacco plays next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
I guess many people like him and Ngata next to each other in a 4-3 defense. I wouldn't mind it either, but they both wouldn't get much of a pass rush, but we'd be great vs. the run.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:56 AM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

Quote:
I'll explain all my picks;

DT, Dan Williams - The Ravens D-line is getting really old and run down. Haloti Ngata is fantastic, but Kelly Gregg, and Trevor Pryce are soon to retire. Dwan Edwards left the team, and signed with Buffalo. Getting a future DT that will free up space for linebackers is essential. Teaming Ngata up with Williams would make it really hard to run the ball on Baltimore. If Dan Williams is still available at #25, he'd be the BPA & fill a huge need. I love his game and I think the Ravens coaching staff will successfully be able to channel his consistency. He's really quick for a 325+ pounder, tremendously powerful, smart and instinctive.

CB, Dominique Franks - Franks is the most underrated cornerback in this draft class, hands down. He's got NFL size and speed, but what I love most about his game is how fluid he is in coverage. He has awesome hands, and will make plays once he gets the pick. I also love his work ethic and support in the run game. He's really well rounded in his game, and will be a stud cornerback in the NFL. He's an absolute ballhawk, but he'll need time to develop his technique, which is why, as a rookie, he'd sit behind Washington, Webb, Foxworth, & Carr. Let him develop on special teams, and by next year we can finally cut Washington & let Franks start as a nickel back.

TE, Jimmy Graham - Yes, he's a project. But I haven't given up on Todd Heap just yet like most people. Graham will need time to develop into an NFL TE, but he has all the talent in the world to excel. Baltimore's coaching staff will focus on making him stronger, and more aggressive in the runninggame, but 2 seasons on the bench will be just enough to make Jimmy Graham the future TE for the Ravens.

OLB, George Selvie - Great talent but he needs to channel the best of his game to make it in the pros. When Selvie is hot, he's explosive with great energy and terrific hand use. When he's not, he's weak and plays too tall, which allows him to get pushed around. Baltimore will switch him up to an OLB, which should enhance our passrush. Proper coaching is important, but if Selvie can stay more consistent, he'll be a huge steal for Baltimore. I think he could learn a lot from Suggs, and be a force in the NFL.

WR, Mike Williams - All talent, no brains. #52 is going to take the father role for this kid, and hopefully change his attitude around. Williams has all the talent in the world, so I'm hoping he stops acting like a fool. If successful, Baltimore will find an awesome receiver for the future.

FS, Van Eskridge - I love Eskridge. He's who I'd want to learn everything from Ed Reed and replace him as the starting FS. He's super active, and was dominate in college in both the run game and the pass game. Another project type, but he'll succeed early on special teams.

QB, Rusty Smith - With Troy Smiths whiney butt gone, Baltimore needs a better backup. My boy, Rusty, is a great, underrated QB. Very intelligent passer, and a great overall arm. I honestly think he's good enough to go as early as round 4, but most are critics because they've never seen him play.

& for more RB depth
UDFA - RB, Andre Dixon, UConn.
UDFA - RB, Lamarcus Coker, Hampton.

Last edited by GoRavens : 04-02-2010 at 08:06 AM.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:09 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'll explain all my picks;

DT, Dan Williams - The Ravens D-line is getting really old and run down. Haloti Ngata is fantastic, but Kelly Gregg, and Trevor Pryce are soon to retire. Dwan Edwards left the team, and signed with Buffalo. Getting a future DT that will free up space for linebackers is essential. Teaming Ngata up with Williams would make it really hard to run the ball on Baltimore. If Dan Williams is still available at #25, he'd be the BPA & fill a huge need. I love his game and I think the Ravens coaching staff will successfully be able to channel his consistency. He's really quick for a 325+ pounder, tremendously powerful, smart and instinctive.

OLB, George Selvie - Great talent but he needs to channel the best of his game to make it in the pros. When Selvie is hot, he's explosive with great energy and terrific hand use. When he's not, he's weak and plays too tall, which allows him to get pushed around. Baltimore will switch him up to an OLB, which should enhance our passrush. Proper coaching is important, but if Selvie can stay more consistent, he'll be a huge steal for Baltimore. I think he could learn a lot from Suggs, and be a force in the NFL.
I agree that having Ngata and Williams next to each other would provide tremendous space for our linebackers, but what the hell are they going to do with it? Mattison surely isn't sending them on a blitz (for the most part). We already are a team that is really hard to run the ball on. We might not be quite as dominant as we were a couple of seasons ago, but the best teams also aren't running the ball like they did a couple of seasons ago. He most definitely isn't filling a huge need. I'd rather use Brandon McKinney in that kind of role, who showed he could handle it last season (albeit in limited playing time).

Eww, just eww. Selvie is not a good player, and I wouldn't touch him in any round of the draft. He's not going to be able to play DE in the pros, and he's slow for an 4-3 OLB. We aren't going to be using a 3-4 as often either, so why draft him? Huge waste of a pick.

Last edited by coordinator0 : 04-02-2010 at 09:11 AM.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:18 AM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

Quote:
Selvie is not a good player.
-Well agree to disagree.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJZLb6jdnZ0
I think he'll be better in the pros than his last 2 seasons of college.
I love his motor, and I think he has a ton of value as a pass rusher.
Just watch his highlight tape, his get off is amazing

Last edited by GoRavens : 04-02-2010 at 09:20 AM.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:20 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
-Well agree to disagree.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJZLb6jdnZ0
I think he'll be better in the pros than his last 2 seasons of college.
I love his motor, and I think he has a ton of value as a pass rusher.
The title of that video is George Selvie 2007, his one and only good year. I wouldn't be using a two-year old highlight tape to hype up a player. Selvie was consistently shut down by NFL-caliber lineman in college and I don't think he has either the strength or speed to be able to play at the next level. I agree, we'll agree to disagree :).
Old 04-02-2010, 09:47 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I agree that having Ngata and Williams next to each other would provide tremendous space for our linebackers, but what the hell are they going to do with it? Mattison surely isn't sending them on a blitz (for the most part). We already are a team that is really hard to run the ball on. We might not be quite as dominant as we were a couple of seasons ago, but the best teams also aren't running the ball like they did a couple of seasons ago. He most definitely isn't filling a huge need. I'd rather use Brandon McKinney in that kind of role, who showed he could handle it last season (albeit in limited playing time).

Eww, just eww. Selvie is not a good player, and I wouldn't touch him in any round of the draft. He's not going to be able to play DE in the pros, and he's slow for an 4-3 OLB. We aren't going to be using a 3-4 as often either, so why draft him? Huge waste of a pick.
yeah, with this league becoming so pass oriented, run stopping is still big, but not as big as it used to be.

and you bring up a great point, why draft Williams when we already have a mammoth space eater in McKinney.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:51 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

Quote:
why draft Williams when we already have McKinney.
What has Brandon McKinney proven in the NFL?
He's too fat (340+) to be a starter & he isn't productive at all.
He's situational at best, not a starter.
Dan Williams is so much more athletic, is better in pursuit, and makes more plays.

With deciding a Ravens mock it's BPA basically.
1) CB - Kyle Wilson
2) DT - Dan Williams, Jared Odrick, Brian Price, Lamaar Houston, Terrence Cody.
3) TE - Jermaine Gresham
4) OLB/DE- Sergio Kindle, Everson Griffen, Jerry Hughes,
- It'll be either one of these 10 players, guaranteed. My top 3 is
1) Dan Williams
2) Jermaine Gresham
3) Sergio Kindle

PS about the hate on George Selvie
If you've ever watched an USF game in (08-09), you'd realize that Selvie was constantly double/triple teamed. TEs, RBs, FBs, OTs would all be focused on Selvie during any passing downs. JPP is tremendously overrated. He can do backflips, good for him.
JPP always had 1 guy to block him on passing downs, so its unfair that Selvie gets hate based off of his declined stats.
The man obviously has skill if he racked up 69 TFL and 29 sacks in his USF career.
I like his rushing ability, and placed with the right scheme and right coaches, he's going to be a gem. just wait

Last edited by GoRavens : 04-02-2010 at 02:03 PM.
Old 04-02-2010, 03:46 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Dan Williams is so much more athletic, is better in pursuit, and makes more plays.

1) CB - Kyle Wilson
3) TE - Jermaine Gresham
1) Dan Williams
2) Jermaine Gresham
3) Sergio Kindle

PS about the hate on George Selvie
If you've ever watched an USF game in (08-09), you'd realize that Selvie was constantly double/triple teamed. TEs, RBs, FBs, OTs would all be focused on Selvie during any passing downs. JPP is tremendously overrated. He can do backflips, good for him.
JPP always had 1 guy to block him on passing downs, so its unfair that Selvie gets hate based off of his declined stats.
The man obviously has skill if he racked up 69 TFL and 29 sacks in his USF career.
I like his rushing ability, and placed with the right scheme and right coaches, he's going to be a gem. just wait
He isn't productive, because he barely gets any PT.

and how do you know Williams will make more plays and be better in pursuit? He may do that in college, but you can't say he's better than McKinney until he's played a down in the NFL, don't be so ignorant.

also, it really hurts to say this but I doubt we'll land Kyle Wilson, with the Eagles trading Sheldon Brown, it adds another team that is in need of a corner. (unless they move Macho Harris to CB) to go with Green Bay, Houston, San Fran and Pittsburgh. :(
Old 04-02-2010, 05:09 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:

1) CB - Kyle Wilson
3) TE - Jermaine Gresham
1) Dan Williams
2) Jermaine Gresham
3) Sergio Kindle
I don't think McKinney is a starter either, but I don't think we need another big space-eating DT starting next to Ngata.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:11 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

he may not be a starter, but I think he (like Justin Bannan and Dwan Edwards) could be a great role player for the Ravens d-line rotation.