Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 10-24-2010, 03:29 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
Absolutely pathetic showing from Greg Mattison.
The fact that Harbs keeps him around shows that he is not a good evaluator of coaching talent. This is disgraceful.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 03:43 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
The fact that Harbs keeps him around shows that he is not a good evaluator of coaching talent. This is disgraceful.
Agreed. Greg Mattison needs to go. The guy calls blitz's at the worst imaginable time and seems like he isn't even watching the game, just calling off a list of plays.

Greg Mattison HAS to go. Clarence Brooks for DCORD!!

Thank god the bye week is here, god knows we need it.

Offensively, we could have ran more, but I'm not gonna complain, when our defense played that bad, offense rose to the challenge.

Once Again, FIRE GREG MATTISON
Old 10-24-2010, 04:24 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mattison is a useless POS that only has a job because of his family ties to Harbaugh. Cameron isn't much better as an offensive coordinator either. Hell, Rosburg isn't anything special. All of them need to go, and the only way I think that'll happen is if Harbaugh himself is let go. I don't think it'll happen and I like him as our head coach, but it's the only way I see anything substantial happening in terms of a coaching change.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 05:13 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can live with Cameron. Can't blame him for passing today, cause the defense decided to take a day off.

Mattison is the one that I can't stand. Guys old, senile and fails to realize that this game isn't what it used to be. YOU CANT WIN GAMES WITH 4 MAN RUSHES!

you know your defensive philosphy of "dropping everyone in coverage and only rushing 3-4 guys" sucks when freakin Ryan Fitzpatrick tears you up for 300+ yards and 4TD's.

I think Harbaugh is an excellent head coach, lets not get caught up with all this re-vamping the coaching staff.

All he's done here in Baltimore is win football games. He just needs to make the "tough" decisions that head coaches in this league need to make and let Mattison go.
Old 10-24-2010, 06:09 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No like I said I like Harbaugh as our head coach, it's the coordinators I can't stand. But I just don't see him letting go of Mattison, Rosburg, etc. Cameron really isn't that good of a play-caller IMO either, he doesn't know when to call a run or a pass. We faced the leagues worse rush defense today, yet we never really committed to running the ball and putting the game away. It's not like we weren't successful running either. Flacco isn't good enough to have him run down the clock by passing, at least not yet.
Old 10-24-2010, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Sizzle ok?
Old 10-24-2010, 06:22 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Yeah he's fine he was back out there after he was down on the field. Only injuries from this game are Heap (no idea what happened, but I didn't like it even though he was back out there) and Reed suffered a stinger.
Old 10-24-2010, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It doesn't surprise me anymore when I see Heap hurt. Dude is a walking band aid.
Old 10-24-2010, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah Heap has always been injury prone but he has fought threw it. I hate to say it but the dude is gonna be a vegetable at the age of 50 :(

Also I have been saying it for the past 2 years **** Mattison. Plain and simple.

Harbaugh is too loyal to people he likes.
Old 10-24-2010, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mattison probably is he runs the softest zone D in the NFL with 34 talent. It makes me wanna puke. 2008 was his 1st season in the NFL, not on the Ravens the NFL. Then he gets bumped to DC while every other defensive coach had more time in the NFL and on the Ravens w/ him. Every Ravens defensive coach deserves to be pissed about that. Especially because Mattison doesnt know wtf is going on.
Old 10-24-2010, 07:55 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as I like Harbaugh, this Mattison fiasco is just another reminder that we should have just promoted Rex and kept that defense in place. This soft zone, 4 man rush vanilla defense we run now pales in comparison to the chaos we had going before. It was excellent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

idk bout Rex being our HC. I do wish Organized chaos was back.

My reasoning for this is the media made it seem like Billick was fired for getting too loose w/ the players. Letting the inmates run the prison so to say. We probably figured that bringing in a guy under Billick to replace Billick would mean same **** just a different lead man. They felt bringing in a new voice could give us a new life. And it did so far.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:29 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Mattison needs to step down from the DC position. Let him stay in the organization, but have someone else run the defense. He just isn't producing with a top defensive unit. You can't let the Bills offense carve us up like that.

Thank god we got the W today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Its perfect time to do it now. Fire his ass and bring someone else in. Fire Cameron too IDC. But wow Mattison was embarassing today.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:17 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is something we need to address now during the bye week. Its not just the play calls during the game. Its the entire approach. He wants to drop back and hope 3 or 4 can get to the Qb. I this game will hopefully be a wake up call to the front office that this is approach isn't going to work. We need pressure to force turnovers.

At this point, I would rather give up the big play rushing 6 then drop 8 and let the QB have all day to pick us apart. Ryan Fitzpatrick just lit us up.

I don't think that hiring an outside DC is an option and we should promote from with in. Someone has to remember how we used to coach defense.

We can't fire Cameron too. Getting rid of both coordinators is overkill and it screams panic. I thought they tired to push it down field a lot more today, even though we need to run the ball a ton more. I'm okay with the offense up to this point.

Thank god Ed Reed is back. He is a breath of fresh air in the secondary. 2 picks in his first game back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Last edited by niel89 : 10-25-2010 at 12:20 AM.
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yeah Cam has been really inconsistent and I give him a bad grade so far. But today he has been fine.

Also I still have no problem dumping Mattisons ass, I have(along w/ a couple other members on here) been saying that for the past 2 years.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:09 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, what an emotional game... Hopefully we'll have atleast one game this season where we look good on all 3 phases of the game. Mattison needs to cut the ****, our secondary needs a pass rush to hide our deficincies their is only one Ed Reed out there. Watching Reed's pain after his 2 picks was well...painful, but he got 3 turnovers and showed what our tunrover ratio's been missing. Ah...the offense.. not really what I've expected thus far, however Cam showed a little of the creativity he's been known for throughout his career with that flea flicker for a TD. We need more creativity to utilize the unique skillsets our offense possesses and we need more running, I understand why we didn't this game somewhat as we were playing from behind early. Fabien Washington looked the opposite of how he's looked lately but not sure if its mostly on him or the play calling, most of the day he was playing 15 yds off the ball just like Samari Rolle used to. Very draining game to watch, make sure you thank the NFL schedule makers for making our bye when they did.

Last edited by trkaline : 10-25-2010 at 01:15 AM.
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:23 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One more thing, after that showing I am fully in favor of bringing in Merriman. Not saying he'll be the answer as it will still be Mattison calling the plays and noones sure what exactly Merriman can bring on Sunday, but we do have to stir the pot in some way as it appears Mattison is allowing
a nice little layer of soup skin to form with his vanillaness(not a word but IDC).

One more one more thing, Cundiff has quietly solidified the kicking position this year and considering Graham just got cut from another team recently we appear to have made the right move.

Last edited by trkaline : 10-25-2010 at 12:32 PM.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by trkaline View Post
he was playing 15 yds off the ball just like Samari Rolle used to. .

I am pretty sure that is how the scheme is designed by Mattison.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:49 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I am pretty sure that is how the scheme is designed by Mattison.
Yeah I figured, he has alot better make-up speed than Rolle so it usually works better but with the lack of a consistent threat of a pass rush, he just got beat like a drum by their fast receivers. We have two weeks to fix this issue, and hopefully we come back out and go back to Ravens smash mouth football.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:23 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how is ellerbee doing? Is he still starting?
Old 10-25-2010, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

For some unknown reason he is not starting :(

2 recent games the CBS broadcasters have been hyping Ellerbe up. Calling him a ball of energy who can do it all, and saying whenever I watch a Ravens game I see #59 around the ball and I just wonder who he is.

He was an absolute baller his rookie year. IDK why Harbs likes Gooden and McClain more.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:04 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

I've been seeing some Ellerbe on the field, not as much as I want though.

it goes
Ellerbe > McClain > 4th grade pee-wee linebacker > Tavares Gooden

As for going back to a smash mouth offense, I can't see it happening. Cameron's too stubborn, but I can live with him. We're one of the better offenses in the league.(top 15 for sure)

You can't blame him for passing either, we were down early and often.

Defensively we're ranked 18th vs the rush.
That has to change.

I read on Baltimore sun . com that Harbaugh isn't the type of coach who would make a mid-season change at DC(IDK how sure the writer was) but if he's right, we're stuck with this "sit back and let opposing QB's tear us apart" defense all year.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:06 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McClain has looked awful in every game this year. Its frustrating that he's still so involved in the defense. He's slow, has little burst and is just downright awful in coverage. Ellerbe needs to be starting NOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

McClain is built to be a 34 OLB. I honestly wouldnt oppose trying him at 3rd down rusher. JJ has done nothing all year.

Or we could scoop up Merriman when he is in the mix.

Also cut Gooden some slack, yeah he doesnt fit as a 34 ILB. But I think he could be a good WLB in a 43. He is real fast and is one of our better coverage LBs.