Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 11-29-2010, 09:14 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We got over 71,000 purple towels for Sunday night.
The noise will be overwhelming, I can't wait.
With no bias, the Ravens have a slight edge.
Big Ben is shaky, the Ravens pressure has been kickin it & THE NOISE
Ravens are injured themselves and I hope Oher is good to go.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:38 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oher should be fine, IDK about McClain or Landry. Harb's is keeping his mouth quiet since its Steeler week.

It's gonna be 1 loud stadium come Sunday night. a win would arguably be the biggest win of Harbaugh and Flacco's career.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ya hopefully they can pull it off. generally we split w/ Pitt but I think its going to be a war.

Im just nervous bout our D, and Ben is a bit of a Raven killer so hopefully we can come through
Old 11-30-2010, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

most memorable Ravens/Steelers moments? Mine 2 are probably

Bart Scott hit on Big Ben

The AFC title game, I took a 6 hour bus ride there. It was a fun experience but hearing DAren Stone commit that 30 yard penalty was possibly the wrost feelings I have ever had in my life.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:42 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Most Memorable Ravens Steelers moments....

Demetrius Williams TD catch in Pitt, burnin Polamalu the first year McNair was here.

Cory Ross's silly TD run in Baltimore the night Troy Smith started against Pitt.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 05:43 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mines gatta be the most recent - beating them AT Pittsburgh with 40 seconds left. Flacco leading us down the field and finding Housh for the game winner.

Then Ray Ray sealing any chance at a comeback with a pick.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not a big Suggs fan, but he has gotten more points in my book by backing Ben and Harrison in an interview.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:35 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where is this interview?? PM?? Yes, thanks.

My favorite moment was the 35-some single digit win in the Monday night game a few years back.
Also, Hines Ward calling for the trainers to come help Ed Reed while the play was still going.
And Harrison popping Ed Reed as well on the punt return and the ball going like 20 feet in the air.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
Where is this interview?? PM?? Yes, thanks.

My favorite moment was the 35-some single digit win in the Monday night game a few years back.
Also, Hines Ward calling for the trainers to come help Ed Reed while the play was still going.
And Harrison popping Ed Reed as well on the punt return and the ball going like 20 feet in the air.
I'll try to find it, but he said that Harrison has been targeted pretty much and that Brady and Manning have special treatment than any other quarterbacks including Big Ben.

Edit: http://insidepittsburghsports.com/st...argeted/32280/

Last edited by Hines : 12-01-2010 at 06:41 PM.
Hines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I love Tsizzle but those comments arent something I think he should say. I dont want him to get on a refs bad side. He has many stupid comments over the years ranging from the Ward bounty (if you and scott wanna talk trash at least get ward, not have Frank ******* Walker get him). To the constant trash talk on brady. From calling the pats championships fake and saying "If you punch a QB w/ a bad hair-do you will be kicked out of the nfl.". Sometimes I wish he would be quiet.
Old 12-02-2010, 03:48 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

In anxious for Sunday to get here... I think it will be a hell of a game, if we win and the Jets win expect a NY vs Baltimore AFC Championship game here in Baltimore since we would have Home Field I believe if we end up with the same record as NYJ?
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:35 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
In anxious for Sunday to get here... I think it will be a hell of a game, if we win and the Jets win expect a NY vs Baltimore AFC Championship game here in Baltimore since we would have Home Field I believe if we end up with the same record as NYJ?
Even if you do win this Sunday, you still have to win a playoff game to make it to the AFC Championship game.

Also, I think it will be another rematch of this game. Especially if yall knock New England out. I think we can handle the rest of the teams except New England. Yall draw New England, we will take care of the rest of meet yall at the AFCCG.

Old 12-02-2010, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

If we ever met in the afccg the Ravens better win. Im still not over the 2008 one.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:57 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
Even if you do win this Sunday, you still have to win a playoff game to make it to the AFC Championship game.

Also, I think it will be another rematch of this game. Especially if yall knock New England out. I think we can handle the rest of the teams except New England. Yall draw New England, we will take care of the rest of meet yall at the AFCCG.
This would be the perfect way to get to the Superbowl. Take out the Jets or Patriots to get to Steelers. Hopefully were still healthy by playoff time.
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 02:18 PM    (permalink
RavenMadness
Rookie

RavenMadness RavenMadness RavenMadness RavenMadness RavenMadness RavenMadness

My wife and I grew up in New Castle, PA and although I grew up dispising the Steelers and rooted for any team that played them, my wife and her family are Steeler fanatics. Now that we reside in Bethesda we make the annual Ravens-Steelers game in Baltimore. Words can't describe the look on my wifes face when Bart nearly killed Ben on that hit 2006. Classic moment.
RavenMadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 03:05 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
If we ever met in the afccg the Ravens better win. Im still not over the 2008 one.
I would be completely fine with getting beat this weekend as long as revenge is ours in the AFCCG. And just out of respect because I am furious after every loss, I would not come in and talk any trash. Not even, "good game." Because I feel that is rubbing it in as well. Aaron Smith back in the playoffs too. Yeah!!!

Old 12-02-2010, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

ya I remember i went all the way to Pitt for the 2008 affcg because I figured it would our turn for revenge. Obviously i wanted to puke when I immediately heard Daren Stone penalty. Lets just body slam a steeler 15 yards out of bounds after the play. The guy hasnt played a down in the NFL since so karma got him good.
Old 12-03-2010, 11:45 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

23 - 17 Ravens.
Pittsburgh almost makes a come back but crowd noise and turnovers keep the Ravens in it.
=

+ I like the Janoris Jenkins pick in the Scott's latest mock.
He's a gambler but he's also got the raw athleticism and talent to be a playmaker..
He can also return (if needed) and he adds speed to our slow cornerback position. I expect him to run a 4.4 for sure.
Defensively, the guy is all over the ******* place. Getting sacks, Tackles for loss, he plays like a Raven for sure
Old 12-04-2010, 01:20 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our corners slow? I don't know what team you've been watching but the Ravens CBs are definitely not slow. Out of Wilson, Carr, Webb, and Washington the slowest guy is probably Carr and he's not really all that slow. Athleticism isn't the problem with our corners, it's being out of position and matched up on bigger receivers that really hurt us. Combine that with the fact that we don't press receivers when QBs are just taking 3-step drops and you have a recipe for disaster.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:42 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Brandon Harris and Aaron Williams a hell of a lot more then Janoris Jenkins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
Combine that with the fact that we don't press receivers when QBs are just taking 3-step drops and you have a recipe for disaster.

That is the scheme ran by Mattison isnt it. I have thought all along that press or not depends on the scheme and not the players choice. But my friend swears on his life its the players choice.
Old 12-05-2010, 05:59 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

wow, why is Dannell Ellerbe inactive? Out of him, Gooden and McClain, he is easily the most physical. Stupid decision if you ask me.

Also, McClain is inactive, but whats even more surprising is that so is his backup Jason McKie.

That leads me to believe that the Ravens are planning to spread the field and not even try to run the ball vs. the #1 rush defense. It makes sense to me, lets hope we can protect Flacco, thats gonna be the key to this game.

LETS GO RAVENS!!!
Old 12-05-2010, 06:02 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I like Brandon Harris and Aaron Williams a hell of a lot more then Janoris Jenkins.
I like Janoris Jenkins (and Jimmy Smith) a hell of a lot more than Brandon Harris and Aaron Williams.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:04 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I like Janoris Jenkins (and Jimmy Smith) a hell of a lot more than Brandon Harris and Aaron Williams.
Yeah but you smell funny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:12 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Yeah but you smell funny.
Aaron Williams has struggled this year and hasn't looked good at times. His stock has taken a dip because of it. Harris has had a great season but his physical tools will be underwhelming. If I had to guess I'd say 5'9 190 4.51 forty.

Janoris Jenkins has been the 2nd best CB in college football this year. He shut down AJ Green, Julio and Alshon Jeffery and his feet are as good as any CB I've seen in college. As for Jimmy Smith, he's just all kinds of awesome. Great length, great feet and hips and is excellent in press. I know you liked Sean Smith a lot but Jimmy Smith is similar type CB but is better and more fluid.