Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 12-06-2010, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i doubt we make a mid season change :(
Old 12-06-2010, 08:45 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chiming in on the game. Typical Steelers/Ravens game. Best rivalry in football by far. That play where Ben was fighting off Suggs is just the definition of what this rivalry is about. Gave me tingles.

Definitely think both teams should have run it more. No, neither was doing well but some holes were there for both teams occasionaly.

I agree with the 4th & 2 call. And I know I just said both teams should have run it more. But as long as protection was there, Flacco has been lighting it up. 2 yards was not guaranteed by the run. And someone being wide open was due to crappy CB play. Alas, there were 2 people wide open on that play. Flacco just dropped the ball.

Like I said before the game. I am either hoping the Jets dismantle the Pats and/or yall get in the playoffs and own the Pats. Please lets rematch in the AFCCG, please.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:57 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^ Yep I pretty much agree with all of that. One thing I do hate seeing is our tendency to have bad form on tackling or just plain trying to strip the ball while allowing the offensive player to gain more yards. That's something we need to fix, but it's been a problem the last couple of years so I doubt anything happens.

As for McDaniels, I'd hire him to be the QB coach only. The dude didn't have a good offensive scheme in Denver and if we complain about Cam abandoning the run just think of what we'd do when McDaniels airs it out 40+ times every game.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:04 AM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
Chiming in on the game. Typical Steelers/Ravens game. Best rivalry in football by far. That play where Ben was fighting off Suggs is just the definition of what this rivalry is about. Gave me tingles.

Definitely think both teams should have run it more. No, neither was doing well but some holes were there for both teams occasionaly.

I agree with the 4th & 2 call. And I know I just said both teams should have run it more. But as long as protection was there, Flacco has been lighting it up. 2 yards was not guaranteed by the run. And someone being wide open was due to crappy CB play. Alas, there were 2 people wide open on that play. Flacco just dropped the ball.

Like I said before the game. I am either hoping the Jets dismantle the Pats and/or yall get in the playoffs and own the Pats. Please lets rematch in the AFCCG, please.
Your right. The rivalry is all about Ben owning us. Thats why you love it so much.

If I was a Steelers fan, I'd be hoping for the Ravens to make it to the AFCC too, because you know you own us.

This is a great rivalry, but can we really call it the best? The Ravens rarely win. (when you actually have your starting QB)
thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:12 AM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
As for McDaniels, I'd hire him to be the QB coach only. The dude didn't have a good offensive scheme in Denver and if we complain about Cam abandoning the run just think of what we'd do when McDaniels airs it out 40+ times every game.
Hes not as old as Cam, so I can see Harbs being a lot more involved in the offensive gameplan.

One think we lack on offense, is swagger and aggressiveness, and that is exactly what McDaniels brings.

McDaniels has been great in terms of passing offense. He made Orton look like a top 5 QB. Hes never had a RB like Rice, so I don't see why he would abandon the run.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:28 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone View Post
Your right. The rivalry is all about Ben owning us. Thats why you love it so much.

If I was a Steelers fan, I'd be hoping for the Ravens to make it to the AFCC too, because you know you own us.

This is a great rivalry, but can we really call it the best? The Ravens rarely win. (when you actually have your starting QB)
I wouldn't say he owns the Ravens. Yes, the Steelers win more often than not when he is at QB. But all of the games he has been in minus one, has been ridiculously close. This past game is going into overtime if Flacco completes that pass and Ben had nothing to do with that. Ben put up one TD. And while yes, that usually is enough to win this matchup. It is by no means owning.

I never go into a Ravens/Steelers game feeling confident the Steelers will win it. It just doesn't happen. They always come down to minutes, seconds, 2-5 points, one completion, one crazy sack avoidance. Way to close for me to be confident.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 01:49 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
I wouldn't say he owns the Ravens. Yes, the Steelers win more often than not when he is at QB. But all of the games he has been in minus one, has been ridiculously close. This past game is going into overtime if Flacco completes that pass and Ben had nothing to do with that. Ben put up one TD. And while yes, that usually is enough to win this matchup. It is by no means owning.

I never go into a Ravens/Steelers game feeling confident the Steelers will win it. It just doesn't happen. They always come down to minutes, seconds, 2-5 points, one completion, one crazy sack avoidance. Way to close for me to be confident.
I would be confident. We simply can't beat you.

The Texans are always close against the Colts, but don't win very much. I think we are in the same category.

We got lucky the last couple of times facing your 3rd or 2nd string QB's.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I talked to a neutral fan of the Pats who is very knowledgeable about football, played in through college about us and I agree with what he said about us. he saw this in 2007 and it seems every big game whether its Steelers/Pats etc. regardless of our record going in we are fired up. But when it comes to clutch we get too fired up and bite ourself in the ass. It happened 2007 against the Pats, it happened 2008 all 3 games against the steelers. It happened in the 2nd game against the steelers in 09, it happened earlier this season against the Pats and it happened sunday. We got to control ourselves to beat these teams especially considering that Brady and Big Ben are HOF Qbs who are extremly clutch.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:35 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"If Baltimore and Pittsburgh played each other 16 times in a season, I’m convinced someone would eventually die on the field."

A quote from an orangebloods.com (UT football) reporter.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 04:39 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone View Post
Hire J-McDaniels please.
Oh god no. I hope your not serious.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
"If Baltimore and Pittsburgh played each other 16 times in a season, Iím convinced someone would eventually die on the field."

A quote from an orangebloods.com (UT football) reporter.
It wouldn't reach 16 before someone did. I would say 5 at the most. Heath almost got killed after the second game, and McGahee almost got killed after the third. No way someone stays alive before 16.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:10 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Yeah, cause Cam is so much better....
Old 12-07-2010, 07:11 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ray Rice would get like 4 carries per game. He doesn't even get the ball enough with Cameron, he'd never get it with McDaniels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Ray Rice would get like 4 carries per game. He doesn't even get the ball enough with Cameron, he'd never get it with McDaniels.
To be fair, he does get the ball to RBs on passing plays.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:53 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
It would be awful. My favorite offense was in '08 when Flacco was a rookie and they didn't really have a recieving threat. They just ran smashmouth offense and rode McClain, Rice and Willis. They utilized a lot of unbalanced and heavy sets. Of the past three seasons, that team had the least amount of offensive talent yet I thought that might of been the best year as far as play calling. I'd like to see the offense move back in that direction opposed to moving away from that which. I understand they have better weapons now but the ground game still needs to be the bread and butter. And because of the new weapons, the play action pass game would become a much bigger threat.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:35 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

Quote:
It would be awful. My favorite offense was in '08 when Flacco was a rookie and they didn't really have a recieving threat. They just ran smashmouth offense and rode McClain, Rice and Willis. They utilized a lot of unbalanced and heavy sets. Of the past three seasons, that team had the least amount of offensive talent yet I thought that might of been the best year as far as play calling. I'd like to see the offense move back in that direction opposed to moving away from that which. I understand they have better weapons now but the ground game still needs to be the bread and butter. And because of the new weapons, the play action pass game would become a much bigger threat.
Well we aren't having too much success when we do run the ball. The RB's are really missing Gaither and Yanda at the G position.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:15 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brad Childress anyone? Him and Harbaugh were together under Reid in Philly for the longest time, and we all know Harbaugh loves bringing in guys that he has connections with (i.e Greg Mattison)
Old 12-07-2010, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

wouldnt childress run a WCO? Which a lot of our current personell is built for. But we dont know if mason and hoosh will be back just yet.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:42 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
Brad Childress anyone? Him and Harbaugh were together under Reid in Philly for the longest time, and we all know Harbaugh loves bringing in guys that he has connections with (i.e Greg Mattison)
Oh god no. He was holding the Vikes O down. They won in spite of him...
Old 12-08-2010, 06:55 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he was an awful players coach, but he did have success w/ the Eagles. Although Andy Reid did call the plays, not Chilly.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:07 AM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

everybody chill out.
Do you realize how hard it is to fully learn and teach a successful offensive game plan week by week in the NFL!?
We should be thankful our offense has blossomed in many ways this season.
I agree, we must run Ray Rice 15-20 times a game, and Willis about 10 carries as well.
Our coaches need to call better plays but we have the talent to make the superbowl if we can just stay consistent.
The only thing I would change, is getting rid of Chuck Pagano (secondary coach) and also parting ways with John Matsko (O-Line coach)
---
This week is very very very important. Especially for our defense.
We need to stay aggressive and energetic like we did last week.
Especially in the secondary, I want to see some big plays.
That means YOU Ed Reed, get a damn interception will ya, please, pretty please.
Prediction
31-24 Ravens
Old 12-09-2010, 10:35 AM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
he was an awful players coach, but he did have success w/ the Eagles. Although Andy Reid did call the plays, not Chilly.
Well, you just made my point.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:37 AM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
everybody chill out.
Do you realize how hard it is to fully learn and teach a successful offensive game plan week by week in the NFL!?
We should be thankful our offense has blossomed in many ways this season.
I agree, we must run Ray Rice 15-20 times a game, and Willis about 10 carries as well.
Our coaches need to call better plays but we have the talent to make the superbowl if we can just stay consistent.
The only thing I would change, is getting rid of Chuck Pagano (secondary coach) and also parting ways with John Matsko (O-Line coach)
---
This week is very very very important. Especially for our defense.
We need to stay aggressive and energetic like we did last week.
Especially in the secondary, I want to see some big plays.
That means YOU Ed Reed, get a damn interception will ya, please, pretty please.
Prediction
31-24 Ravens
First you tell us not to overreact, and than you say we should fire a pretty good secondary coach? lol

And our offense has not blossomed by any means. If anything we've regressed from last year.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:08 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're a second tier team plain and simple. We're good enough to compete with the top dogs, New England and Pittsburgh, but we lack that "it" factor to push us over the top. Its that simple.

Something always goes wrong when we face those teams, we miscalculate protection schemes, Heap pulls up lame, our coaches get too conservative, the offense doesn't bail out the defense or vice versa, whatever can go wrong always does at some point. We've gotten a taste of the playoffs on multiple years, and this year likely, but its not enough because we all know this team has the capability to be better but doesn't produce the results needed to be a champion.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 03:11 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
We're a second tier team plain and simple. We're good enough to compete with the top dogs, New England and Pittsburgh, but we lack that "it" factor to push us over the top. Its that simple.

Something always goes wrong when we face those teams, we miscalculate protection schemes, Heap pulls up lame, our coaches get too conservative, the offense doesn't bail out the defense or vice versa, whatever can go wrong always does at some point. We've gotten a taste of the playoffs on multiple years, and this year likely, but its not enough because we all know this team has the capability to be better but doesn't produce the results needed to be a champion.
I agree with this a 100%.