Screw this pessimism. We can be cynical about coaching, play calling, etc. during the regular season. It's playoff time and were coming off a great win. It's time for everybody to be on board and start believing we can get it done.
I've got faith. If the defense plays like it did against KC, we'll be in great shape. No player on the Steelers scares me as much as Jamaal Charles did and we did an alright job keeping him in check besides that long run. If we contain Mike Wallace and pressure Ben, we'll be ok. I think Cameron is going to come out and try and spread the Steelers out and utilize Rice out of the backfield, although I do think establishing some presence on the ground would do wonders for our passing game. Still, I think if Flacco plays well we can emulate the Patriots gameplan and spread that defense out. We need our offensive line to play much better though.
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn
The APS is strong in this one.
Originally Posted by killxswitch
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
I agree we should spread them out. Joe throws better out of the shotgun anyways. We don't need to run cause our line just has not been getting a good push and most plays have gone for little yardage. Comebacks, drags and screens & dump-offs to Rice can be our "running game," just getting 3 or 4 yards here and there.
I don't see any reason not to be confident in this game. Mattison and Ray seem to have gotten on the same page, gone to a more multiple front, bringing heat. I expect us to pressure Ben all day.
Sidenote from the playoff talk, apparently we signed former 2nd round pick James Hardy to a futures contract. A 6'5" WR!
Magical sig by OSUGiants
SSAEL....... its a new revolution!
Originally Posted by Job
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.
So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
MY PREDICTION = Ravens: 31 - Steelers: 27
*5 MUST HAVES FOR A RAVENS VICTORY.
- Our offensive line MUST play smart and aggressive.
- The receivers will be open, Flacco MUST operate wisely.
- Ed Reed is a superstar, someone else in the secondary MUST make plays.
- Ngata & Suggs MUST attack and dominate all day long.
- Composure is everything, our coaches know how to beat the Steelers but they MUST effectively coach the players to execute.
*2011 RAVENS MOCK DRAFT
1st) CB, Aaron Williams, Texas.
- Foxworth is likely done. Fabian should be gone. That leaves Carr, Webb and Wilson. Not bad, but inconsistent and a definite weak spot. Williams is a highly touted, top collegiate athlete that can play with the best in the game. He's got fantastic instincts to match his tenacity in the run game. Williams is fast, has tremendous ball skills and has the thing we like to call; playing like a RAVEN.
2nd) OLB, Jeremy Beal, Oklahoma.
- Beal is a fantastic athlete in the mold of T Suggs. He'd be a great addition as a situational passrusher who can grow into a more diverse role. I love his blend of raw power, vicious aggression, and pure finese. #1 Pass rusher in the draft.
3rd) OT, Tyron Smith, USC.
- Super athletic kid that can help our depth at our shaky tackle position. Has tremendous upside if coached up properly.
4th) RB, Jordan Todman, UConn.
- A fellow New Englander, Todman would be a change of pace back to an already awesome Ravens running game. I love this pick, big steal. Todman is ultra shifty and nimble. Quick like a cat.
5th) DE, Sione Fua, Stanford.
- Massive potential here. Versatile, powerful house of a man. He can play in a 4-3 or a 3-4.
6th) SS, Davonte Shannon, Buffalo.
- Shannon did work @ Buffalo, all over the field. This kid is a terror and also plays like a RAVEN. I love his work ethic and powerful presence in the secondary. Big time gem.
7th) OG, Thomas Claiborne, BC.
- Powerful, hole opening goliath of a man.
IDK if Fox is done thats a toss up but i expect him to be back. I agree WAshington is outta here.
So our CB next year will be FOx,Carr,Webb,Wilson in no order. That is amazing depth wise if we pick up Williams. Webb as a #5 wow.
but then again it wont shock me if we dont get a CB round 1. How many years have we needed a CB and we didnt adress it. It could be like us and WR. I still want BPA on the defense unless a stud WR fell to us.
GoRavens, some hopefully constructive criticism about the mock....
First of all I don't see us taking Williams in the 1st. He has the physical tools but has looked very average for Texas this year. I don't think he'll be a first round pick at this point and we know Ozzie isn't going to reach.
Secondly, Tyron Smith is going to be a top 25 pick. There is zero chance he lasts til the 3rd round.