Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-08-2010, 07:22 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's solid and has a knack for key plays, decent as a zone coverage guy when you can get good pressure, but terrible covering backs and TEs....

I like him and all, but it was time to move on.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:34 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Colts almost never do anything in FA. I am used to it. The Corey Simon fiasco after 2005 was enough to make Polian not want to try it again.

I do wish we'd go after Jared Gaither and Kirk Morrison.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:29 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Worth noting that there are 8 teams that basically aren't allowed to be involved.

The Vikes as one of those teams are no surprise as silent. We don't have a lot of needs, Rolle would have been really nice, but not at what he cost, outside of that the other guys out there would just be additions. TJ would be a nice fit as the backup to AP and replacement for Chester, but basically we are allowed to sign a player to equal what Chester got and that is it.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:34 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Dallas didn't make a move in FA until very deep in last year and we had one of the best FA signing periods in a long time. Gerald Sensabaugh, Keith Brooking, and Igor were all huge parts of our defense for cost effective contracts.

Igor replaced Canty who went for 3x as much as was just as good, Brooking was 10x better then Zach Thomas and arguably our most important defensive player last year not named Ware for alot of reasons outside of pure talent, and Sensy was exactly what we had been lacking in the secondary for years and that was a safety who could man up with TE's and slot WR's.

Roy W was killing us trying to put him out there in that role, Sensy was like a breath of fresh air. So I hope we continue the same approach this year, all 3 were starters had late in the process. There will be some bargains this year, just have to wait for the first wave or 2 to finish.
The difference this year is that there is nothing out there to help us. We have even less need and the FA class is thinner then ever. Other than kicker and restricted FAs, there is really nothing out there for Dallas right now. A lot of people (media really) seemed shocked that Dallas hasnt done anything. But honestly, what is out there for Dallas? Not much of anything.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
creating a whining thread? we already get enough of that from splat and vidae :P
It was My self and T-Rich thank you very much.

Good day.

I said good day to you sir...
Old 03-09-2010, 09:31 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lions had an okay free agency. No huge signings but buying your way out of the cellar doesn't work.

The bears will find this out after a season or two.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:26 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Miami filled a HUGE need by signing Karlos Dansby. So I'm happy.

Woulda loved to get Ryan Clark, but looks like he was just using us to scare Pitt into signing him back. *****.

Hope we make a move for O.J. Atogwe, Antonio Bryant or Jamal Williams. Any of them would help us out big time heading into the draft and knowing what we need to address.

We aren't usually HUGE players in FA, but we sign a couple guys here and there to fill needs, then take care of the rest in the draft, so I'm fine with it.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:36 AM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
He's solid and has a knack for key plays, decent as a zone coverage guy when you can get good pressure, but terrible covering backs and TEs....

I like him and all, but it was time to move on.
So you don't think he can play ILB in our 3-4 scheme? If he can he can be smart, a leader, get off blocks, and lay a little wood, he should be good for our defense.

Any insight from you Saints fans would be appreciated.
fear the elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a Chiefs fan I don't think Fujita is a good fit in the 3-4 at all he get's knocked around at times in the 4-3, I think he is going to be over whelmed in the 3-4.

I really like him always have he is a solid player I just don't like the fit.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:44 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Dallas didn't make a move in FA until very deep in last year and we had one of the best FA signing periods in a long time. Gerald Sensabaugh, Keith Brooking, and Igor were all huge parts of our defense for cost effective contracts.

Igor replaced Canty who went for 3x as much as was just as good, Brooking was 10x better then Zach Thomas and arguably our most important defensive player last year not named Ware for alot of reasons outside of pure talent, and Sensy was exactly what we had been lacking in the secondary for years and that was a safety who could man up with TE's and slot WR's.

Roy W was killing us trying to put him out there in that role, Sensy was like a breath of fresh air. So I hope we continue the same approach this year, all 3 were starters had late in the process. There will be some bargains this year, just have to wait for the first wave or 2 to finish.
I was sad to see Sensabaugh go. Injuries kept him from ever reaching his full potential in Jax, hopefully he keeps doing well in Dallas.

Little known fact: Sensabaugh owns the combine record for the vertical jump, with an astounding 46 inch vertical.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:48 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont love him in a 3-4 either. He's got the size of an OLB but, he's not known for his pass rushing. He's not a bad rusher but, not someone you rush on every down. So yeah, he'll probably play inside, it's not like he's particularly great in coverage though, either. He at least gives them flexibility, he's solid enough...he's just not great or anything. He plays well everywhere he goes.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-09-2010, 10:51 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I was sad to see Sensabaugh go. Injuries kept him from ever reaching his full potential in Jax, hopefully he keeps doing well in Dallas.

Little known fact: Sensabaugh owns the combine record for the vertical jump, with an astounding 46 inch vertical.
Sensabaugh was solid for us. He'd make a boneheaded play here or there but, he was one of our more consistent performers week after week. I never would have guessed that adding Brooking and Sensabaugh of all people would have made such a difference. I expected the defense to be better, of course...But I didnt expect quite the impact from these two. I've always been a Sensabaugh fan, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-09-2010, 10:56 AM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I dont love him in a 3-4 either. He's got the size of an OLB but, he's not known for his pass rushing. He's not a bad rusher but, not someone you rush on every down. So yeah, he'll probably play inside, it's not like he's particularly great in coverage though, either. He at least gives them flexibility, he's solid enough...he's just not great or anything. He plays well everywhere he goes.
As a Cleveland Browns fan, if he is solid and doesn't make stupid mistakes, that is good enough for me. I've got pretty low standards at this point.
fear the elf is offline   Reply With Quote