Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-10-2010, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not liking what i'm hearing from the Seahawks. Grantged it's all speculation but sounds to me like Pete wants to win now, even if it's not really winning. I'd rather see them build a team that is capable of getting to the superbowl and not an 8-8 team that they can say is an improvement.

My whole theory of building through the draft this year and not taking a QB till they can grab Jake Locker next year seems to be just that, my theory.

If McNab is a two year player that can be had for a 4th or 5th round pick then count me in, otherwise thanks but no thanks.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Eagles should be able to get a 3rd round compensatory pick for McNabb when he leaves for free agency next season, they won't trade him for less.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 02:46 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thread title is missing the "?".

The Seahawks are relentlessly working the phones because PA, PC, and JS all want/need to do some big things this offseason.

They have basically unlimited money to spend, a terrible team, and some nice trading pieces. Because of the new UFA rule, there aren't many guys out there they can sign so they are exploring every trade avenue there is.

It seems like a recipe for disaster to me - but at least they haven't pulled the trigger so quickly on anything stupid.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 02:52 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
The thread title is missing the "?".

The Seahawks are relentlessly working the phones because PA, PC, and JS all want/need to do some big things this offseason.

They have basically unlimited money to spend, a terrible team, and some nice trading pieces. Because of the new UFA rule, there aren't many guys out there they can sign so they are exploring every trade avenue there is.

It seems like a recipe for disaster to me - but at least they haven't pulled the trigger so quickly on anything stupid.
So they're trying to become the West Coast Washington?
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 02:59 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I'm not liking what i'm hearing from the Seahawks. Grantged it's all speculation but sounds to me like Pete wants to win now, even if it's not really winning. I'd rather see them build a team that is capable of getting to the superbowl and not an 8-8 team that they can say is an improvement.

My whole theory of building through the draft this year and not taking a QB till they can grab Jake Locker next year seems to be just that, my theory.

If McNab is a two year player that can be had for a 4th or 5th round pick then count me in, otherwise thanks but no thanks.
boooooo the hurt locker can go elsewhere
Old 03-10-2010, 03:30 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
How was the crumbling this year vs. the Saints and Eagles? ;)
How did he crumble against the Vikes? :roll:

(I know we choked a big one against the Saints, don't need to counter my point with that reminder lol)

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He was saving it for the playoffs.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He was saving up all of his crumbleness for the Vikings. Giving you a false sense of hope. Donny Mac does this every year. And what the ****? Are you really crowing about a regular season game when the team you're bragging about beating won the Super Bowl in the end? Who cares about the regular season?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For all of McNabb's faults, it's super ironic that D-Unit would take a shot at him crumbling, with Captain crumble on his own team... hahahaha
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:54 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could see Kolb and #24 for #14.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
boooooo the hurt locker can go elsewhere
Is that booooo as in you dont want him or booooo someone else is going to get him?
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Eagles should demand significant compensation for McNabb or Kolb. There are multiple teams in serious need of a starting QB. McNabb may not be an elite QB, but he's a better starter than many teams have. The Seahawks and Rams should be kicking themselves for passing on Sanchez. They better think hard before passing on a QB again if they can't get someone like McNabb of Kolb before the Draft.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From the Eagles website:

Quote:
Andy Reid reiterated once again over the weekend that McNabb would be his quarterback in 2010. Paolantonio said earlier in the off-season that Denver, Cleveland and Buffalo were in talks with the Eagles for McNabb. A Pro Football Talk reports indicated that the Eagles have refused to listen to offers for McNabb.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
From the Eagles website:
Not saying they will trade him but Denver said all the same stuff about Jay Cutler.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Not saying they will trade him but Denver said all the same stuff about Jay Cutler.
Reid is not McDaniel.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:56 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
Reid is not McDaniel.
And I thank god for that before I go to bed every night.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:04 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright, the Eagles are just too greedy. They have 3 starting caliber QBs, when 6 or 7 teams have none.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:07 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
Alright, the Eagles are just too greedy. They have 3 starting caliber QBs, when 6 or 7 teams have none.
Honestly, if the Eagles can't get a deal worht their while, I'd rather they be greedy. I know Donovan will come back and bite the Eagles in the ass when he's on another team.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:12 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I could see Kolb and #24 for #14.
I believe that you have absolutely no concept of trading players and picks. I also believe you value picks a lot more than players.

That is a completely moronic trade, and I would be fuming if that was listened by an Eagles staff member.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like McDaniel.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:27 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
I believe that you have absolutely no concept of trading players and picks. I also believe you value picks a lot more than players.

That is a completely moronic trade, and I would be fuming if that was listened by an Eagles staff member.
I guess the entire world does that as well.

Chris Houston, a 2nd round pick, was traded for a swap in the 5th round after a couple of solid seasons. That's extremely nonsense.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:34 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
And I thank god for that before I go to bed every night.
Amen, Amen!
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I guess the entire world does that as well.

Chris Houston, a 2nd round pick, was traded for a swap in the 5th round after a couple of solid seasons. That's extremely nonsense.
Except that Chris Houston sucked.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:51 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You have no clue what your talking about, so I really don't know why I'm bothering responding, but if you think he really had a few "solid" seasons he would be going for a 6th round pick? It's obvious you haven't watched him at all. What round he was picked in has nothing to do with what round pick he was traded for, especially if they were going to cut the dude.

Furthermore, if you think the Eagles should trade Kolb to move up 10 places in the 1st round you need to stop coming up with trade proposals all together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:34 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I'm not liking what i'm hearing from the Seahawks. Granted it's all speculation but sounds to me like Pete wants to win now, even if it's not really winning. I'd rather see them build a team that is capable of getting to the superbowl and not an 8-8 team that they can say is an improvement.

This. Personally don't want McNabb, get Kolb or don't make the deal. It's stupid to replace Matt with McNabb. Thats like buying a car from 92, then upgrading to a car from 95. It has a little bit more life to it than the 92, but it could still break down at anytime.

We haven't even been through a draft with Carroll & Schneider and I already have no faith that they'll make the right decisions. Being as how Carroll has love affairs with players he doesn't get, don't be surprised to see him taking Clausen this year or Locker next year if he doesn't get Clausen.

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6
summond822 is offline   Reply With Quote