Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-24-2010, 10:01 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly think it would be a terrible move for the Eagles to deal McNabb. Kolb hasn't proved that he can be "THE GUY" and McNabb is a proven franchise QB in the NFL. I think he has another 3 solid seasons and this team is built to win now and can contend for a super bowl with him as their starter. I really think the Eagles would be taking a big risk with Kolb as their guy.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
According to reports, he wont play there or in Buffalo.
I wouldn't either if I were him, but you never know. Al Davis could throw alot of money at him.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
I honestly think it would be a terrible move for the Eagles to deal McNabb. Kolb hasn't proved that he can be "THE GUY" and McNabb is a proven franchise QB in the NFL.
I agree but it is what "most" Eagles fans seem to want so...
Old 03-24-2010, 10:53 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Even the Falcons needed along with Turner, Roddy White to turn into a bonafide #1 WR to help their cause. The Dolphins have been playing great defense and still had the element of the wildcat working in their favor.

I'm not saying McNabb won't help, he surely will. But I don't think being on the brink of making the playoffs for a few years is enough to pass up a franchise QB for personally. I feel like this Bradford/Suh debate is eerily similiar to Ryan/Dorsey for Atlanta that year.

I'm not even in love with Bradford as a QB prospect, but if you think he's a franchise guy, no way I pass him up, even for Suh and a few good years out of McNabb.

I agree with the comment of if the Raiders were to do this, more logical for me. As dysfunctional as they are they beat some playoff teams last year, and their defense is already a strong group. The Rams just have way too many missing pieces IMO to pass up a legit chance at a franchise QB for the next 10 years.
There were a few posts I wanted to reply to, but I can sum up my argument using that line.

The difference between the 2 situations if McNabb were to be traded, is that St. Louis would have a much more competent QB than anyone the Falcons had. I believe Chris Redman and Joey Harrington were the other guys they had? Ew....they needed to use that pick on a QB.

Whereas the Rams would have McNabb and could use the #1 pick on Suh then, taking care of 2 major problems at least for a few seasons.

And while I don't think it is likely that the Rams win that division after such a trade, it would be much more likely than if they drafted Bradford and another random rookie with pick #33. The only benefit to that would be you might get your franchise QB for 10 years...or a bust, seems to be a 50/50 rate of success with QBs, and you would likely continue to struggle for a few years as you add more pieces and gain experience.

So while I'd still put the Rams at least behind Arizona and San Fran even after that trade, it wouldn't be totally out of the question for them to string enough wins together to go 9-7 and possibly make the playoffs. Like I said, unlikely, but there would be a better chance of it after the trade.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:56 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
i sure as hell dont want that...
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:09 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If they deal McNabb, I gurantee you that the Eagles will go from a possible contender to finishing 3rd and possibly last in the NFC East
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:19 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
According to reports, he won’t play there or in Buffalo.

This is what confuses me. If Oakland wants him, and is willing to give up a good enough pick to satisfy Philly, what does it matter where he wants to play?

It's not like many people "Want" to play for Oakland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe McNabb has a no trade clause where he can stop a trade from going through
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:22 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Im in the minority, but I want Dmac to stay in Philly. Kolb lite up the Chiefs D, and somehow that makes him the future.

Sig by Bone Krusher
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:34 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
This is what confuses me. If Oakland wants him, and is willing to give up a good enough pick to satisfy Philly, what does it matter where he wants to play?

It's not like many people "Want" to play for Oakland.
It's not that they can't, it's that Oakland won't pony up the pick without agreeing to a long term contract, otherwise they run the risk of him walking next year...

*stares pointedly at Richard Seymour...

FUUUUUUUU well they only have one franchise tag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
I believe McNabb has a no trade clause where he can stop a trade from going through
He doesn't, but if he decides not to resign with the team that trades for him, it's a one year rental, and that won't happen.

PS Dan Fouts wasn't a choker.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thats what it is, teams don't want him unless he agrees to resign which means McNabb has to agree. I knew he had some sort of leverage but I forgot what.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Yes. Because playing well for part of the game but messing things up epically when it matters most doesn't qualify as choking...

He has choked in the past, there is no way around that, McNabb and Romo are both chokers. End of story, Romo was the bigger choker in 2008 and McNabb was the bigger choker in 2009.
But he still had a good game on that day. A particular accident doesn't mean that pressure mounted on Romo during the contest. If that were the case how in the world did Romo bring the Cowboys back late for a score into the contest?

I'm just using the logic that was put forth by the previous poster and proving it doesn't make sense.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:41 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Philip Rivers sucks. Chargers should get in on the McNabb sweepstakes.

(Yes I'm trying to turn this thread back into a QB mudslinging contest)

Quote:
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:47 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Philip Rivers sucks. Chargers should get in on the McNabb sweepstakes.

(Yes I'm trying to turn this thread back into a QB mudslinging contest)
Old 03-24-2010, 11:48 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
But he still had a good game on that day. A particular accident doesn't mean that pressure mounted on Romo during the contest. If that were the case how in the world did Romo bring the Cowboys back late for a score into the contest?

I'm just using the logic that was put forth by the previous poster and proving it doesn't make sense.
Chokey Bruster!

Sig by Bone Krusher
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:51 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-24-2010, 11:54 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

??????????????
Old 03-24-2010, 11:55 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Guido!!!

Quote:
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:57 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:

??????????????

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-24-2010, 11:59 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Old 03-25-2010, 12:02 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-25-2010, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:11 AM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
If they deal McNabb, I gurantee you that the Eagles will go from a possible contender to finishing 3rd and possibly last in the NFC East
Yeah agreed, I don't understand why Philly would want to toss away a guy who has been the franchise for so long, offers great leadership, and is still playing good football just because Kolb had back to back 300 yard games. WHat is the rush? Kolb can only benifit from learning as much as possible and getting prepared to take over the reigns after this season. Look at guys who have sat behind Favre for 2-4 years: Mark Brunell, Matt Hassellback, Aaron Brooks, Aaron Rodgers. They all went on to have at least a few really good seasons. I'm not sure they all would have gotten to where they were/are if they hadn't had to sit and learn behind a great QB.

Fact is Philly has the playmakers to make a run at the Super Bowl but after cutting Westbrook and if they get ride of McNabb they would have lost two really big leaders for that team. That hurts. I think Kolb could be an above average, solid NFL QB but I do not feel that he can just take over and have them not lose a step. What QB gives them a better chance to win? I say it is McNabb, he still is better than Manning and Campbell and still right with Romo. Kolb would be the 4th...maybe 3rd best QB in the conference.

If they want to win, start McNabb, groom Kolb for another year and trade Vick. I would actually really like to see Vick move on and start somewhere and see if he still has it. Philly hardly let him throw last year and run a really crappy wildcat in which they hardly motion plays to add addition threats to help open it up for him. Easy as hell for a defense to stop.
RyanBraun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:59 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Okay here, I'm a Kolb advocate so here it goes...

Kevin Kolb has shown the ability to at least be able to move the offense, he moved it very well against a Saints defense that at the time was very good though they dropped later due to injuries. Here is the thing, McNabb is great and I appreciate the time he spent here in Philly but he chokes in big games, I can only remember on instance where he played fantastic in a big game and that came in last years NFC Championship game, other than that it was just average performances. Sure he did his part but as the superstar of the offense he has to play like the superstar, not the joe schmoe QB of the NFL. McNabb has a big arm and he has mobility, but those tools are starting to erode. McNabb's accuracy is spotty and he is very inconsistent, just look at the Broncos game, lighting it up 1 half and sucking the second. He is good but not great.

And on the other hand you've got Kevin Kolb, a QB just starting to enter his prime. I know my opinion will be thrown out the door by Sniper who has some sort of vendetta against Kolb but I don't care who he played, throwing for 300 yards in your first two starts is impressive and it counts for something regardless of who the defense is. He looked confident in the pocket and displayed a bunch of upside which is why the teams are calling for Kolb, not McNabb. I'm just going to toss it up to some experts since my opinion on Kolb is discounted amongst Eagles' fans.

Coming out of college:
http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2007/4/28/194242/416
Via Scoutsnotebook:
Quote:
Very experienced. 4 year starter. Threw for over 12,000 yds. Had 85 TD passes, but only 31 INTs. Ran for a surprising 21 TDs. Durable. Didn't miss a start in 4 years. Has played in the same offensive system since HS. That is a bit of a concern. How easily will he adjust to a new offense? Good combo of size, skill, experience, and athleticism. Runs okay. Will scramble if he has open field. Had a 46 yd TD run in C-USA title game. Can make throws from all sorts of angles and positions. Can throw on the move. Can create plays. Was pressured vs Miami. Moved around in pocket and then flipped the ball to his RB, who ran for a medium gain. Has a good, but not great arm. Makes good decisions. Accurate. Houston's offense is based on a lot of RAC yds. Kolb can hit guys on the move. Also throws a very catchable ball. Good touch and good pace on his short throws. Doesn't force the ball. Solid mechanically. His offensive system featured a lot of shotgun and a lot of short, quick throws, so he will have to adjust to dropping back and making reads. Played in the Senior Bowl and looked pretty comfortable running an NFL offense down there. Adjusted better than Chris Leak or Troy Smith. Showed a good pocket presence. Made good reads. Also looked good at his Pro Day.
Via our very own Scott Wright:
Quote:
Strengths:
Arm strength is more than adequate and he has a very quick release...Strong and has a solid build...Protects the ball and has a good career TD / INT ratio...Durable and has a lot of experience...Solid athlete who can run a little and hurt defenses with his feet...Has everything you look for from an intangibles standpoint in terms of leadership, brains and work ethic...Extremely productive throughout his career.
Weaknesses:
Does not have the ideal height that you look for...Passing numbers were inflated by playing in a passing system...Accuracy is dodgy, especially on deep balls...Gets too many passes batted down at the line...Worked mostly out of the shotgun...Is going to have to learn how to run a pro style offense and read defenses...Didn't always play against top competition...Mechanics and throwing motion need work.

Notes:
Last name is pronounced "Cobb"...Burst onto the scene as a true freshman and ultimately became one of the most prolific passers in NCAA history... There is a lot to like about this guy but he is a tough prospect to project and he'll have to fight the "System Quarterback" label...Could surprise and end up starting for someone.
In the pros:
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...-on-kevin-kolb
Via Matt Williamson of Scouts Inc.
Quote:
"Hes been very impressive in limited snaps, going back to preseason. Although last year he got thrown into action when [Donovan] McNabb got benched against the Baltimore Ravens, and he looked horrible. But that was the worst-case scenario for the poor guy, too, to go into the second half against one of the best defenses in the league with no preparation. So you tend to wash that away. But since then Kolb has really stepped it up, and I am high on him. I think he can make every throw. He's a quick decision-maker, and he's a good enough athlete. Kolb has everything you want physically, and the ball comes out of his hand really nice. He has an awful lot of upside, almost like a Matt Schaub when he was in Atlanta or Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay [waiting] behind Brett Favre. Kolb just needs to get a crack at it. I kind of feel like he's the next guy to be breaking out, either with his present team or with a new team. Considering what some of the teams are starting in this league, I would start Kolb today, still being more of an unknown, over 10 or 12 starting quarterbacks for sure."
http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...saw-kevin-kolb
Via Raven's Head Coach and former Eagles defensive backs coach John Harbaugh
Quote:
All I know is I saw Kevin Kolb every day in practice for a year when I was the secondary coach [in '07], where he was going against the defense as the scout-team quarterback, When we did red zone, we couldn't defend him.

I mean, he'd run the red-zone offense for the team we were going to play. We had the No. 1-ranked red-zone defense in the league 2 years ago. And we couldn't stop Kevin Kolb. Throwing to Mike Gasperson every day in practice. He picked us apart.
I know Kevin Kolb is more accurate with his throws and often times he throws a more catchable ball. Also there is a reason why all these coaches want Kolb, why do Carroll and Holmgren want Kolb? Why did Tom Heckert former Eagles GM make it clear that Kevin Kolb was his target? Why are these coaches interested in Kolb? He is going to be good thats why, he has been the future starting QB since day 1 in Philly and Andy Reid has really turned Kolb into his own personal project and if Andy Reid and company feel like Kolb is ready you have to trust their judgement. And keep in mind that Andy is a QB genius so he knows what the hell he is doing, he was the guy who scouted and developed Matt Hasselbeck, he was the guy who drafted Donovan McNabb, he was the guy who drafted AJ Feely who has been more than serviceable in starts with the Eagles, he was the guy that has made Kevin Kolb into what he is today. Andy Reid has worked on the team's that have had Mark Brunell, Brett Favre and Steve Young as well, he knows what he is doing, he has worked with great talents, he has an eye for QB talent and pretty much every QB he has worked with has at least turned into a solid back up except for Andy Hall and Doug Pederson.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:09 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

rams-eagles deal would be sooo awful for both teams.

the rams are so far off from competing, and fine, throw kolb out there. fresh, fairly inexperienced meat for the NFC east. i'd laught at both sides
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote