Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

View Poll Results: Which DE/DT would you select?
Brandon Graham 4 28.57%
Derrick Morgan 1 7.14%
Jason Pierre-Paul 2 14.29%
Carlos Dunlap 0 0%
Brian Price 2 14.29%
Terrence Cody 0 0%
Jared Odrick 3 21.43%
Everson Griffen 2 14.29%
Someone Else 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-10-2010, 03:56 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.
Default Drafting a DT/DE

If you had to select a DE/DT at #25 which one would it be and why?
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 04:05 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dan Williams, prototype nose who can play effectively in 4 fronts as well. Also Jared Odrick could be a nice pick, he probably would have the versatility to play any spot on the D-line in any front. Arthur Jones for most of the season has been my favorite DE 5 tech prospect, but I don't think his value is good as a first rounder.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 04:09 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Dan Williams, prototype nose who can play effectively in 4 fronts as well. Also Jared Odrick could be a nice pick, he probably would have the versatility to play any spot on the D-line in any front. Arthur Jones for most of the season has been my favorite DE 5 tech prospect, but I don't think his value is good as a first rounder.
I have watched Tenn. games a couple of times this year and I didn't see Dan Williams as that great, but everyone is talking about him being a darkhorse type. What did you see in him that makes you think he would be that versatile??
Old 03-10-2010, 04:25 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love his ability to hold ground and extend at the point of attack. You are right on the money if you watched his film sometimes he will take plays off and you won't even notice him. Fat Albert coming from Tennessee definitely helps his image but I think at the least he is a good candidate to be a starting NT and take up blocks, and if you find a way to up his motor and work on consistency he has a shot to be special.

Old 03-10-2010, 04:31 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like Jared Odrick. I like his versatility and he's been productive.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gimmee Dan Williams or Ordrick, Williams+Ngata is Goose and Sam adams all over again. I also love Ordrick versatility and quickness, I wont complain w/ either
Old 03-10-2010, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also I dont think we will go after a DE, We got Suggs here for a long time and we just spent a 2nd rounder on Kruger and he cant even dress for a game. IDK if we need another high draft pick player sitting around. I say we go DT if we address the Dline
Old 03-10-2010, 04:41 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

From the poll the top 3 guys on that list are almost assuredly to be gone by pick 25.

Old 03-10-2010, 04:43 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody like Terrence Cody to eventually replace Greg? No way he dogs it with Ray Ray and Harbaugh watching over him

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raheem Morris
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
bigfreak314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 04:53 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Well you'd think that would be the case in college as well with Saban as his coach.

Old 03-10-2010, 05:23 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This list lacks Jerry Hughes, who I think will be the best 3-4 OLB in this class. That said, I gotta go with Jared Odrick. Hes a prototypical 5 tech who can play the 3 in 4-3 sets. Hes fast, hard working, and has magnificent technique.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:25 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brian Price all the way. A true 4-3 UT is exactly what we need for our 4-man fronts, not another NT or DE/OLB tweener.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 06:08 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
This list lacks Jerry Hughes, who I think will be the best 3-4 OLB in this class. That said, I gotta go with Jared Odrick. Hes a prototypical 5 tech who can play the 3 in 4-3 sets. Hes fast, hard working, and has magnificent technique.
I do like Hughes but I think Graham will be a stud backer. You can't help but feel the Woodley comparisons.

Old 03-10-2010, 06:14 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

True, I like Graham as well, but Im one of the few who like Graham better as a 4-3 end then a 3-4 OLB, where I feel if people draft Hughes and just let him pin his ears back and go while adjusting to playing in space, he will be a monster.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:18 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Graham reminds me a lot of Orakpo. He isn't one of those guys that you label too small to play DE so he has to be a 34 backer. I think Graham can play 43 end or 34 backer. Depends on who drafts him.

Old 03-10-2010, 06:21 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Graham could play both as well. He really isn't that much smaller than some of the other prospects in this class that are labeled "true 43 DEs." He would definitely be my favorite DE/OLB for the Ravens to draft, even more so than Kindle. And this is coming from a Michigan State fan ;).
Old 03-10-2010, 06:23 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Kindle has more upside though as a 34 backer because of his natural athletic ability and range.

Old 03-10-2010, 06:25 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Kindle has more upside though as a 34 backer because of his natural athletic ability and range.
I don't doubt that, but like I've said before I think we're going to be using a lot more 4-man fronts in the future so Graham would be the better option.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:35 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

People are talking about Kindle playing inside as well. Hes alot more versatile then Graham.
Quote:
Old 03-10-2010, 06:37 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
People are talking about Kindle playing inside as well. Hes alot more versatile then Graham.
Inside, as in inside LB where we have no need? I'd still take Graham over him.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:33 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

I agree Kindle would be an odd man out with our Team right now. Graham looks like a Woodley replica in playing style just bigger physically.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:52 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This was extremely tough for me because I love 4 or 5 of these guys.

I would be extremely happy with any of Derrick Morgan, Sergio Kindle, Terrance Cody, and Everson Griffen. But my personal favorite is Brandon Graham just an absolute physical specimen. He can beat any lineman in the league with his combination of physical strength and pure speed, just a sickening athlete.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Hound
Rookie

Hound hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Brandon Graham for sure as far as Im concerned, but realistically I dont see any chance of him being there. So Im gonna give my vote to my number two, Eversen Griffin. I has a chance of going before 25 as well, but not as likely as Graham.
Hound is offline   Reply With Quote