Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 03-10-2010, 05:11 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Bucs set up private workout for Brandon Spikes; Sign Ruud may be on way out?

http://pewterreport.com/articles/view/6800

Is this a sign that Ruud could be on the way out? The Bucs also interviewed Sean Weatherspoon at the Senior Bowl, who would also be a perfect fit in the MLB position in the Tampa 2. I like Ruud, but he honestly didnt make any impact plays this past year and most of his tackles were 5-10 yards down field or more. He missed a few tackles that would have been -1 to no gains and turned into 60 yd td runs (Jon Stewart and Thomas Jones).

I think the lack of impact plays and the fact he didn't develop into the leader the Bucs have hoped for and I think thats why the Bucs FO has not met his contract demands.

Brandon Spikes has that firey leadership and can make impact plays and is a lot faster than Ruud. IMO, as much as I like Barret Ruud, Spikes would be an upgrade at the position and do not be surprised if he is shopped around for a high draft pick in the coming weeks leading to the draft.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:16 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Having Suh/McCoy in front of him, will make him look better.
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing. Spikes didn't work out much at the combine so I figure we are just doing some research on a potential first round pick who could slide down to us in the second.

I wouldn't read too much into it, however I wouldn't be shocked if we drafted a LB in the 2nd.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with frubulubu: Having a good defensive line makes the rest of the team look better while having a poor one has the opposite effect. Ruud is certainly capable of being a good player, especially if we're going to stick with the Tampa 2 as a main part of the defensive scheme. The biggest problem is that he's playing behind two bums in Hovan and Sims. There isn't a whole lot Ruud can do to make plays when the offensive linemen are getting past the defensive tackles with ease and tying him up before he can make a break on the ball. That was happening all the time last season.

As for Brandon Spikes, HELL NO! He didn't run at the Combine because his 40-time is going to be pathetic. I'm not one to put much stock in straight-line speed, but Spikes is not capable of playing the deeper zone as is required of the Mike in the Tampa 2 system. There's also the eye-gouging incident against Georgia that show's he's a mental midget in addition to being a punk; not the type of player I want on this team.

I'd be fine with selecting Weatherspoon if Ruud is on his way out, but I doubt he'll be on the board when we're up with the 35th selection.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:08 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would that mean we use the latter pick in the 2nd round? Possibility of trading down

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raheem Morris
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
bigfreak314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:12 PM    (permalink
ABoyNamedSuh
Rookie

ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.

Legacy, with all due respect, sir. He was trying to rub spit back into Ealey's face. He was not trying to gouge the kid's eyes.

I know he might not be the fastest MLB in the draft but he did have more than a handful of pick 6's in his four years at UF. I think he could be a decent pro and has been a playmaker for us ever since his sophomore year.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABoyNamedSuh View Post
Legacy, with all due respect, sir. He was trying to rub spit back into Ealey's face. He was not trying to gouge the kid's eyes.

I know he might not be the fastest MLB in the draft but he did have more than a handful of pick 6's in his four years at UF. I think he could be a decent pro and has been a playmaker for us ever since his sophomore year.
I'm not buying it. It doesn't matter, either way, since his hand had no business being in Ealey's facemask like that.

As for him making plays at UF, that doesn't mean a thing. Dexter Jackson was a playmaker at Appalachian State. He sure turned out real well, huh?

Brandon Spikes simply doesn't have the speed to turn and run with eligible receivers like the Mike in a Tampa 2 must do. This play, for example, had Ruud covering Matt Forte almost 40 yards down the field:

l

Do you honestly think Spikes is capable of doing something like that? I sure don't.

I'm sure he'll turn out to be a decent player if he lands in the right system, but it sure as hell isn't in Tampa.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:09 PM    (permalink
SloppyJoe
Rookie

SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SloppyJoe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post

l
that play was so great...one of the best plays i ever saw of a MLB

edit: and hell no, spikes is not able to do that
SloppyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
I'm not buying it. It doesn't matter, either way, since his hand had no business being in Ealey's facemask like that.

As for him making plays at UF, that doesn't mean a thing. Dexter Jackson was a playmaker at Appalachian State. He sure turned out real well, huh?

Brandon Spikes simply doesn't have the speed to turn and run with eligible receivers like the Mike in a Tampa 2 must do. This play, for example, had Ruud covering Matt Forte almost 40 yards down the field:

l

Do you honestly think Spikes is capable of doing something like that? I sure don't.

I'm sure he'll turn out to be a decent player if he lands in the right system, but it sure as hell isn't in Tampa.
Brandon Spikes does not compare to Dexter Jackson in any way.

We drafted Dexter because of one great game against Michigan and a super fast 40 time. Spikes is actually a good player at the collegiate level and if he can manage to run a sub 4.80 forty might be worth a crap at the next level.

Old 03-10-2010, 09:49 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloppyJoe View Post

My man, Sloopy Joe!! Love your sig!
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:01 PM    (permalink
ABoyNamedSuh
Rookie

ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloppyJoe View Post

Funny how a Nole would talk in absolutes about a Gator.

I do think he could do what Ruud did. Emphasis on could. Not will.

How fast is Ruud? Forte?
Old 03-11-2010, 10:16 AM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABoyNamedSuh View Post
Funny how a Nole would talk in absolutes about a Gator.

I do think he could do what Ruud did. Emphasis on could. Not will.

How fast is Ruud? Forte?
Ruud wasnt that much of a blazer. 4.75 at the combine. Football is a game of angles. As long as Spikes can get into his drops and stay disciplined(Which is a big IF) he should fair OK. Personally I think a Darryl Washington out TCU fits bettter is speed is the issue we are having with Ruud.

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raheem Morris
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
bigfreak314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:12 PM    (permalink
TRJ997
Rookie

TRJ997 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Pewter Report has been predicting for a while that the Glazers aren't going to give Ruud the big contract he wants and will eventually get. He should be an UFA this year, but is a RFA since there is no new Collective Bargaining Agreement in place. The Bucs have tendered Ruud, but aren't going to get a 1st and 3rd for him. His tendered salary next year if he stays in TB is less than $3.2M, which seems like a fair price if he's willing to play for it.
TRJ997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:21 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have actually thought of a trade scenario that would honestly work. The New York Giants have 3 quality starting DE's and might be willing to move OSI or Mathies Kiwanuka for the right price. However, they are desperate for linebacker help.

Why not a deal that has the Giants Send Osi Umenoria and a 4th round pick to the Bucs for Barrett Ruud and a 7th round pick.

Or a deal with Kiwanuka for Ruud straight up?

That would allow us to get Spikes at 35, a WR (Benn, THomas) at 42 and a CB and S in rounds 3 and 4.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:47 PM    (permalink
TornadoRex
Rookie

TornadoRex smells like sex panther.

Why don't we keep the talent that we have, and use our draft picks on worthwhile positions?

Crazy idea, no?
Old 03-12-2010, 02:50 AM    (permalink
BuffaloBillsFan
Rookie

BuffaloBillsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Wow, I'd love it if Buffalo traded for Ruud. Maybe package something up with Whitner and maybe another player or mid/late draft pick. You guys could then take the best DT on the board while also upgrading your safety position, may not be a bad trade proposal.
BuffaloBillsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 03:27 AM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ruud might be able to run with Forte in coverage (although Forte's speed isnt exactly anything to brag about), but Ruud can't play the run as well as Spikes.

Junior season Spikes was an INCREDIBLE player:

He must not have been at 100% Senior year:

With that said, I agree that we have too many holes to take a LB in the 2nd. If we can sign a SS in FA, the first four picks should be DT, WR, CB, DE in some order.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:51 AM    (permalink
kstwild

Well if the Bucs got a better line in front of Ruud I think you would see him able to play like the work horse that he is, last year is not a judge at all with having Bates in there messing up the Tampa 2. Why Morris wanted to hire someone that messed with a good thing is beyond thinking. But if the Buc's dont want Ruud I hope he goes somewhere that the fans and the owners want him for he will play like a beast.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:56 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

the only problem I have with Ruud is he did not step up as the leader of the defense, a role Derrick Brooks was surprised he never "grew into." If he truly is our best player and he is basically the "QB OF THE DEFENSE", he needs to step up and be a leader. If he can't do that, and he can't make any impact plays, then he is not worth a long term deal.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:48 AM    (permalink
BUC backer
Rookie

BUC backer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I like the trade scenario mentioned with the Giants and would trade for Osi or Kiwi straight up.

Then take Washington at 35. Not a fan of Spikes if we play a lot of cover two.

Osi, McCoy(or Suh) and Miller on the same line? sounds good to me. There would be a lot of talent there and youth there.
BUC backer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 12:08 PM    (permalink
kstwild

Well not everyone thinks Ruud is not talented
http://passingonthegame.blogspot.com...rett-ruud.html
Old 03-12-2010, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstwild View Post
Well not everyone thinks Ruud is not talented
http://passingonthegame.blogspot.com...rett-ruud.html
Anything on a blog like that can't be taken seriously.

Old 03-12-2010, 03:27 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we could get Osi or Kiwi for Ruud I would do it in a heart beat. Not saying that Ruud is a bad player at all... In fact he's a good player and we would be getting back a good player in a harder position to fill which is DE.

But if I did this trade the MLB I would be looking to draft to replace Ruud would not be Spikes, it would be Daryl Washington and no he is not to small. He's the same size as our MLB from our top ten unit of all time Shelton Quarles.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 06:46 PM    (permalink
impactplayerx47
Rookie

impactplayerx47 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I feel like Ruud's play dipped a bit last season, but with that being said we didn't exactly play well as a defensive unit at ALL last year..so it's hard to judge B-Ruud on that. I'm also among the thinkers that feel that if we improve our defensive line play... B-Ruud's play will improve. If we build around the pieces we have..I think we'll improve...and I don't think we improve by trading away players like Barrett Ruud. However..if we do go in a different direction I hope we take Washington out of TCU, or Spoon....Spoon is a STUD think he'd be a major upgrade over Quincy Black (who I feel is our weak link at LB).
impactplayerx47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:37 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUC backer View Post
I like the trade scenario mentioned with the Giants and would trade for Osi or Kiwi straight up.

Then take Washington at 35. Not a fan of Spikes if we play a lot of cover two.

Osi, McCoy(or Suh) and Miller on the same line? sounds good to me. There would be a lot of talent there and youth there.
I didn't read this post before I put up mine... Nice thinking!
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote