Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 03-14-2010, 02:02 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoRex View Post
Why don't we keep the talent that we have, and use our draft picks on worthwhile positions?

Crazy idea, no?
T-rex is right. Is everybody from TBBB here?

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-I-P View Post
T-rex is right. Is everybody from TBBB here?
TBBB is the worst message board in the history of the internet.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:20 AM    (permalink
irishbucsfan
Rookie

irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default We meet again, Caddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
TBBB is the worst message board in the history of the internet.
Your mum is the worst message board in the history of the internet.

"Frosties are corn flakes for people who can't face reality"
irishbucsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:43 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishbucsfan View Post
Your mum is the worst message board in the history of the internet.
^^

Pretty much every comeback at TBBB. The majority of posters there are big time fanboys with little knowledge of how things work. I left in early 2005 and haven't looked back.

Old 03-15-2010, 10:02 AM    (permalink
irishbucsfan
Rookie

irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.irishbucsfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
^^

Pretty much every comeback at TBBB. The majority of posters there are big time fanboys with little knowledge of how things work. I left in early 2005 and haven't looked back.
Come on, man. We've done this before, show a little enthusiasm.

And yes, most posters there are not great, but there is a group of seasoned football fans who know more football than anyone else I've ever read. When you know who to read and who to ignore it becomes a very informative place.

"Frosties are corn flakes for people who can't face reality"
irishbucsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The majority of posters there are big time fanboys with little knowledge of how things work.
I think you have the TBBB confused with the PewterReport's forums.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
I think you have the TBBB confused with the PewterReport's forums.
Nope.

Pewter Report > TBBB

Unless things have changed over the last 3-4 years that is.

Old 03-16-2010, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nope.

Pewter Report > TBBB

Unless things have changed over the last 3-4 years that is.

You really should head back to the TBBB before whining about how mean and nasty the posters there are. The landscape of the board has changed over the past year or so and many of the long-time posters have moved on.

As for the Pewter Report, that site is a joke and the forums are filled with nothing but fanboys who whine about how "mean" the mods are over on the TBBB.

Anyway... Back on topic: We're keeping Ruud.

Last edited by Legacy : 03-16-2010 at 02:47 PM.
Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pewter Report >>>>> TBBBB. But PR has gotten a lot worse, still TBBBB is the worst message board of all time.

I hate both places during draft season however because you have a bunch of people who think they know what they are talking about even though they barely watch college football.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:11 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently, the Bucs have a lot of members of their support and coaching staff on attendance today at the Florida Pro Day. Raheem Morris is also in attendance.

Not sure who they are interested in seeing by my guess is their going to have an eye on a few players:
- Joe Haden
- Carlos DUnlap
- Brandon Spikes
- Major Wright
- Jermaine Cunningham
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:54 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spikes ran a 5.04 today. There's no way we draft him. A lot of guys from the Bucs are there because its close to Tampa. They could be back by nighttime.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 11:13 AM    (permalink
MizzouBig12
Rookie

MizzouBig12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.MizzouBig12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
Spikes ran a 5.04 today. There's no way we draft him. A lot of guys from the Bucs are there because its close to Tampa. They could be back by nighttime.
I keep picturing O-linemen blowing him away in a footrace!
MizzouBig12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:32 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouBig12 View Post
I keep picturing O-linemen blowing him away in a footrace!
Bruce Campbell? Joe Staley? :)
Old 03-17-2010, 09:27 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, i really thought Spikes was faster than that on tape. I agree I should eat my own words. I thought if he ran a 4.7 range that wouldnt be too bad, but wow, DT's and some OL are faster than him. Not saying he wont be a decent lb in the nfl, but he is best fit in a 3-4 ILB position.

Sean Lee might be a better option, he is more of a leader aand could be taken in round 3.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 08:24 AM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Sean Lee might be a better option, he is more of a leader aand could be taken in round 3.
I'm a huge Penn State fan, so I'd love to see Lee in Red & Pewter, but some aspects of his game do concern me in regards to the defensive scheme the Bucs run.

While his timed speed is adequate, he's not overly athletic or fast. He makes more plays because of his ability to read the offense and quickly figure out what's going on. He's decent at coverage in a zone scheme, but I'm not sure how well he'd hold up in a situation where he's asked to play the Mike's deep zone in the Tampa 2. He's also a liability in man coverage, since he doesn't have the speed to turn and run with running backs or faster tight ends.

The biggest concern, though, is his knees. He missed the entire 2008 season due to a torn ACL and was limited by another knee injury in the 2009 season.

You're right that he is a great leader, though. He was named a player-coach during the 2008 season and was a visible presence on the sideline instructing other players and giving advice. When Penn State's players were asked to select their captains for the 2009 season, they were told not to vote for Lee, since the coaches had already had so many requests to name him as one that they just went ahead and did it without a vote.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:08 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
Pewter Report >>>>> TBBBB. But PR has gotten a lot worse, still TBBBB is the worst message board of all time.

I hate both places during draft season however because you have a bunch of people who think they know what they are talking about even though they barely watch college football.
I used to post on TBBB and I've read the posts on PR and I have to say that as a whole it appears that most Buc fans have very little knowledge of the game (ie we appear to be the stupidest fans on earth). The newspaper forums for TBo and SPT are equally as bad. This is why reading the posts here on DC is nice, there are some actual intelligent posts made here, it is kind of shocking.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 04:11 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Apparently, the Bucs have a lot of members of their support and coaching staff on attendance today at the Florida Pro Day. Raheem Morris is also in attendance.

Not sure who they are interested in seeing by my guess is their going to have an eye on a few players:
- Joe Haden
- Carlos DUnlap
- Brandon Spikes
- Major Wright
- Jermaine Cunningham

And this is one of the reasons I can't stand the various Buc forums, all the UF homerism. Your saving grace here is that you didn't simply list all UF players simply because they played there (Tebow, Cooper) though I think Riley Cooper could be a ton more useful to us than Spikes, who couldn't even play ST in the NFL and his value right now is 7th rounder at best).
Old 03-31-2010, 04:12 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
Wasn't Suh's official time 5.04?
Old 04-09-2010, 10:15 PM    (permalink
FSUbuccaneer06

VIP, whats your username over on the TBBB?