Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-14-2010, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Then he's really just a pretty good RB, and pretty good RBs are not worth 2nd round picks.
This again... I'm just going to let sabf post for me from now on.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:34 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
How can the QB play be good in that situation?
How can the WR play be good in that situation?

It works both ways.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 08:38 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecollegedropout View Post
I've seen all of his games in college which I think should matter more than his Brown days where he wasn't given a fair shake with the offensive changes in coaches and lack of weapons.

Broncos O-Line is also overall better than the Browns so I think it will work to Quinn's favor and give him some air to breathe........not to mention that there is indeed a HUGE Difference of D's between BAL, CIN and PIT vs KC, OAK and SD.

Denver is my pick to win the AFC West. Screw it, saying it now. Love this move.
So his days playing against college kids and scrubs are more important than his days playing against NFL defenses.

Thats where your arguments end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
You can't be serious. Please, tell me you aren't serious. The very being of my sanity rests on the belief that nobody could possibly believe something so ungodly stupid.

If i could plus rep you about 50 more times I would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
Quinn will beat out Orton during training camp. Orton fell apart towards the end of the year, all he did was go to BMarsh every single play (and every pass was within 10 yds). I want to see Royal get back in the mix.

How much money do you want to throw down on that one? You clearly haven't watched more than one Browns game, neither have half of you.

I understand people making comments that "This could work out for denver IF HE TURNS IT AROUND"

But the people saying he is a good QB and that it was only the supporing cast are completely talking out of their ass and have no clue what the hell they are talking about.

Seriously, if you haven't watched half of the games Quinn has played in please refrain from talking in this thread, you're wrong and its extremely painful. If he had any upside DO YOU THINK THE ******* BROWNS OF ALL TEAMS WOULD WANT TO GET RID OF HIM?

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF

Last edited by PoopSandwich : 03-14-2010 at 08:47 PM.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:47 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
Quinn will beat out Orton during training camp. Orton fell apart towards the end of the year, all he did was go to BMarsh every single play (and every pass was within 10 yds). I want to see Royal get back in the mix.
Orton made the pro bowl didn't he? (hehe, as like the 7th alternate)? You must've missed every single Denver and Cleveland game last year. Quinn couldn't beat out Anderception. It'll be an accomplishment if he wins the backup job and hangs onto it.

People talking about "now he's gonna go to the same offense he ran at Notre Dame" probably don't realize that McDaniels' system is very similar to the offense the Browns ran under Daboll and fairly similar to the one they ran under Crennel (though that one was more built around the vertical passing game).
Old 03-14-2010, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am glad you agree with the rest of my statements made in the thread WinslowBodden.

What I am saying is holding it against a player because he didn't play great on a team that was essentially awful talent wise is ridiculous. Thomas Jones was crap on the Cards but low and behold when on a far better squad in Chicago and with the Jets, you know he is kinda like good. Worth the high pick no?
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Orton made the pro bowl didn't he? (hehe, as like the 7th alternate)? You must've missed every single Denver and Cleveland game last year. Quinn couldn't beat out Anderception. It'll be an accomplishment if he wins the backup job and hangs onto it.
It was more of a "Our owner doesn't want to pay the raise Quinn was due when he gets ____ snaps" if anything. This is telling considering the fact that the organization released Anderson for nothing this offseason.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:51 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

comparing a RB who was on a team with a bad line and who was injured a lot to a QB who has a career NFL completion pct. of like 53% are two different things. He'll no doubt look better on the Broncos with the talent at WR they have to throw to, but that won't make his throws less erratic. Browns OLine was kicking ass late last year and they had a running game that was unstoppable and the QBs still looked lousy.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
How can the WR play be good in that situation?

It works both ways.
Not really...so the WRs were running around open and Quinn just missed them?
Old 03-14-2010, 08:54 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
I am glad you agree with the rest of my statements made in the thread WinslowBodden.

What I am saying is holding it against a player because he didn't play great on a team that was essentially awful talent wise is ridiculous. Thomas Jones was crap on the Cards but low and behold when on a far better squad in Chicago and with the Jets, you know he is kinda like good. Worth the high pick no?
Dude, you can tell more with a QB than you can a running back... Quinn has shown NOTHINGGGGG. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

He misses wide open targets, he ******* FREAKS out when there are any blitzers, he misses the deep ball 95% of the time if there is anyone on coverage (I say this because the Detroit game was a joke.) He has happy feet, he tends to throw behind receivers on a regular basis.

QB position and Running back position are completely different, the fact that you bring up Thomas Jones and Brady Quinn shows your intelligence level on the matter at hand. You clearly haven't watched any post college games by Brady Quinn and should probably refrain from making dumb comment after dumb comment.

Browns fans are happy to just get rid of the guy. He's the same guy that couldn't hold a starting job against Derek Anderson posting his 40 passer rating, yet hes gonna turn into jesus christ somewhere else and tear up the nfl?

Ya, okay.

Old 03-14-2010, 08:54 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Quote:
It was more of a "Our owner doesn't want to pay the raise Quinn was due when he gets ____ snaps" if anything. This is telling considering the fact that the organization released Anderson for nothing this offseason.
they cut Anderson b/c of his big bonus that no one wanted to pay combined with the fact that he stinks. They traded Quinn b/c his salary is peanuts and he is a young QB who may be on the verge of complete bust-dom but isn't a 100% bust quite yet. Benching him might've had to do with Quinn's incentives, but I doubt they would've benched him if he could complete a pass that wasn't a dump-off or five yard route.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Quote:
comparing a RB who was on a team with a bad line and who was injured a lot to a QB who has a career NFL completion pct. of like 53% are two different things. He'll no doubt look better on the Broncos with the talent at WR they have to throw to, but that won't make his throws less erratic. Browns OLine was kicking ass late last year and they had a running game that was unstoppable and the QBs still looked lousy.
The Browns right side of the line is nowhere near as good as their left side. And Quinn was dealing with his fair share of injuries too. And the separation that those WRs now in DEN could get over the ones in CLE are going to help Quinn and his decision making.

And their running game was great once Harrison got a chance to get a butt load of handoffs. Jamal Lewis wasn't anything to write home about last year.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:56 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Not really...so the WRs were running around open and Quinn just missed them?
Uh, yeah...?

Try catching passes behind you on a regular basis... I can't believe I'm actually having an argument with fans of other teams about how good Brady Quinn is when they haven't watched any of the games... The Browns fans on this site are clearly fine with this trade, a few of the Broncos fans can't stand it... That should tel you enough but it doesn't.

I'm gonna start commenting on how the Lions are idiots for doing certain things I have no clue about although I don't ever watch their games unless they're on my time slot.

Old 03-14-2010, 08:58 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
And Quinn was dealing with his fair share of injuries too.
Dude just stop please... He got injured last play of the Chiefs game and went on the IR he wasn't dealing with injuries, just ****** stop you have no clue what youre talking about.

Old 03-14-2010, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Quote:
they cut Anderson b/c of his big bonus that no one wanted to pay combined with the fact that he stinks. They traded Quinn b/c his salary is peanuts and he is a young QB who may be on the verge of complete bust-dom but isn't a 100% bust quite yet. Benching him might've had to do with Quinn's incentives, but I doubt they would've benched him if he could complete a pass that wasn't a dump-off or five yard route.
Why start a QB who you had no future for nor carries much market value over someone who is younger and may have had market value?

It had to be for incentives because if not, it makes absolutely no sense for Cleveland with the record they had to use Anderson over Quinn. Not even for the protecting reason considering Quinn was the day 1 starter.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Dude just stop please... He got injured last play of the Chiefs game and went on the IR he wasn't dealing with injuries, just ****** stop you have no clue what youre talking about.
He went on IR vs the Bills the year before didn't he?

Why do you feel the need to tell other NFL fans to not comment upon your team and that what they say is dumb and makes no sense?
Old 03-14-2010, 09:02 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Why start a QB who you had no future for nor carries much market value over someone who is younger and may have had market value?

It had to be for incentives because if not, it makes absolutely no sense for Cleveland with the record they had to use Anderson over Quinn. Not even for the protecting reason considering Quinn was the day 1 starter.
dude... HE BEAT OUT DEREK ANDERSON AND BRETT RATLIFF.

Old 03-14-2010, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i'm also not entirely sure why anyone's talking about the broncos wrs either. we have one receiver, as of now. and he's trade bait for the lowest bidder. mcdaniels doesn't play royal. jabar gaffney is garbage. and stokley isn't the same slot receiver he was even two years ago. this isn't an all-pro cast, and it only gets worse when we get rid of marshall.
Could be arguable that Royal had the Soph. Slump or just wasn't clicking with Orton/blending in with the McDaniels offensive system in year 1.

I still have high hopes for Royal.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:03 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
He went on IR vs the Bills the year before didn't he?

Why do you feel the need to tell other NFL fans to not comment upon your team and that what they say is dumb and makes no sense?
Because with you its 100% true. When you say someone is dealing with injuries you're talking about a player playing through injuries, he broke a finger one year after sucking it up against the bills and texans and went on the IR, then he sprains his ankle at the end of the year against the Chiefs.

He didn't play through the injuries, he went on the IR... So dealing with them is different, so what I'm telling you like I have been telling you all through this thread is that youre wrong.

Old 03-14-2010, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Uh, yeah...?

Try catching passes behind you on a regular basis... I can't believe I'm actually having an argument with fans of other teams about how good Brady Quinn is when they haven't watched any of the games... The Browns fans on this site are clearly fine with this trade, a few of the Broncos fans can't stand it... That should tel you enough but it doesn't.

I'm gonna start commenting on how the Lions are idiots for doing certain things I have no clue about although I don't ever watch their games unless they're on my time slot.
stop trying to say the Browns WRs were good
Old 03-14-2010, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Dude, you can tell more with a QB than you can a running back... Quinn has shown NOTHINGGGGG. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

He misses wide open targets, he ******* FREAKS out when there are any blitzers, he misses the deep ball 95% of the time if there is anyone on coverage (I say this because the Detroit game was a joke.) He has happy feet, he tends to throw behind receivers on a regular basis.

QB position and Running back position are completely different, the fact that you bring up Thomas Jones and Brady Quinn shows your intelligence level on the matter at hand. You clearly haven't watched any post college games by Brady Quinn and should probably refrain from making dumb comment after dumb comment.

Browns fans are happy to just get rid of the guy. He's the same guy that couldn't hold a starting job against Derek Anderson posting his 40 passer rating, yet hes gonna turn into jesus christ somewhere else and tear up the nfl?

Ya, okay.
The Browns games I saw had the WR's not getting separation/running crisp routes, had guys like Royal dropping passes, Quinn barely getting time to make decisions from his right side, and had conservative at best play calling that made him throw a dumpoff on 3rd and longs in what was a meaningless season. Cribbs was also being neglected in the offense until Eric Mangini thought of putting him in more offensive packages. Mike Furrey for some reason was being looked more so upon than Cribbs early on. Chansi Stuckey was also lost since coming from the Jets so he was invisible in the field.

I am not saying that Quinn has been great by any stretch of the imagination but lets not write off his career just yet because he didn't play well on a team that was full of guys who never played well for a stretch of games.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:09 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
stop trying to say the Browns WRs were good
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

You think I said the Browns WR ARE GOOD.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAA

The Browns receivers were terrible and I SAID THAT. I said the QB play didn't help the bad receivers though.

Just because the receivers are bad doesn't mean the QB isn't.

Old 03-14-2010, 09:10 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Quote:
The Browns right side of the line is nowhere near as good as their left side. And Quinn was dealing with his fair share of injuries too. And the separation that those WRs now in DEN could get over the ones in CLE are going to help Quinn and his decision making.

And their running game was great once Harrison got a chance to get a butt load of handoffs. Jamal Lewis wasn't anything to write home about last year.
They put Womack and RT, Mack started to figure it out, and they rotated Fraley and a finally healthy Hadnot at RG and their line was dominant. Harrison at RB instead of Lewis and guys like Jennings and Cribbs too made our run game fantastic, right side was fine at the end of the year. Pass pro was good, DA and Quinn's throws were very erratic. Quinn threw interceptions or should-be interceptions. He almost lost us that Pittsburgh game by himself.

Quote:

because Anderson's arm gave Mangini a boner and he "gave us a better chance to win." Anderson was a really erratic passer, but the one thing he had that Quinn didn't was a deep ball and Braylon Edwards was slightly less useless with him in there.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:12 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brady Quinn sucks, it would be interesting what McD can do with him one year behind Neckbeards
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:12 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

I'm not completely writing his career off (no doubt we had no weapons last year)...but the thinking that they totally got a steal and a guy who is gonna be a legit starting QB is absurd considering what his passing looks like. Guy never wants to throw anything but dinks and dunks in fear of messing up, and when he does he messes up really bad.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:13 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
I am not saying that Quinn has been great by any stretch of the imagination but lets not write off his career just yet because he didn't play well on a team that was full of guys who never played well for a stretch of games.
I never wrote off his career but for people who flat out say "He's good" or that "It was only the supporting cast" are completely ignorant to the situation... He CURRENTLY is a bad quarterback with a ton of problems.