Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-16-2010, 02:38 PM    (permalink
3pac
Rookie

3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.
Default Early SB Predictions?

I think the Colts have a very good shot but... who knows. Chargers scare me a lot though. And does anyone else see a "Ewing Theory" type thing happening now that Tomlinson is gone?

NFC I'd go with Packers or Eagles...... but hey, I'm almost always wrong about these things.

Also how do people get those awesome signatures from BoneKrusher? Does he have a website or something? I googled him but didn't really find anything. Any help is appreciated.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

No way the Colts make it back. Don't you know of the Super Bowl Loser's curse? I'd be surprised if the Colts even win their division next year, to be honest. Texans project alot better in 2010 than the Colts do.

As far as the NFC goes, I'm going to predict that either the Packers or Cowboys win it.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:50 PM    (permalink
3pac
Rookie

3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.3pac is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
No way the Colts make it back. Don't you know of the Super Bowl Loser's curse? I'd be surprised if the Colts even win their division next year, to be honest. Texans project alot better in 2010 than the Colts do.

As far as the NFC goes, I'm going to predict that either the Packers or Cowboys win it.
Cardinals lost the SB 2 years ago and won their division last year. Seahawks lost the SB in 05 and definitely made the playoffs, I can't remember if they won the division. Need I continue?
Old 03-16-2010, 02:50 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been saying this since January. The Colts will do very bad next year.

The SB? Baltimore and Atlanta. I'm calling it.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:53 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Colts would win 8 games with Peyton Manning and a bunch of UDFAs.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:54 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A Farve and Bledsoe free rematch of the Patriots & Packers.

Except this time the Pack gets beat down. No special teamers getting MVP, though. Damn you Desmond! Oh how I love/hate you!

Sig request thread - stickied in the Off Topic section.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:55 PM    (permalink
3pac
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
The Colts would win 8 games with Peyton Manning and a bunch of UDFAs.
Honestly I'd say closer to 5 :(
Old 03-16-2010, 02:58 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pac View Post
Honestly I'd say closer to 5 :(
Give him an average left tackle and a tight end that can run and catch and it would be 8 for sure. They can fire the offensive coordinator too and give his job to Peyton.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 03:17 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Give him an average left tackle and a tight end that can run and catch and it would be 8 for sure. They can fire the offensive coordinator too and give his job to Peyton.
I'm pretty sure that's how things roll there. The OC is like the Queen of England and Peyton is the Prime Minister. He's the one who calls it.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 03:18 PM    (permalink
3pac
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
I'm pretty sure that's how things roll there. The OC is like the Queen of England and Peyton is the Prime Minister. He's the one who calls it.
Pretttttttty much. Peyton is basically our coach.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Maybe the Colts make the playoffs. But I'd be shocked if they make it back to the Super Bowl.

In their division alone, I think the Texans have more, and younger talent than the Colts. The two most important players on the Colts (Dwight Freeney and Peyton Manning - the keys to the defense and offense, respectively) are both on the wrong side of 30 and not getting any younger or better.

The AFC is going to be alot more competitive next year, too. Alot of young up-and-coming teams.

Again, maybe the Colts make the playoffs as a wild card, or even win their division. But Super Bowl repeat appearance? I'd put it at a 1.5% chance that happens.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:52 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Super Bowl next year: Vikings vs. Chargers.

I will call it every year til it finally happens, just the Chris Berman used to call San Fran vs Buffalo every year.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 03:55 PM    (permalink
3pac
Rookie

http://www.footballlocks.com/nfl_futures_odds.shtml

Colts lead at 6:1 for official Vegas odds.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Quote:
http://www.footballlocks.com/nfl_futures_odds.shtml

Colts lead at 6:1 for official Vegas odds.
That's meaningless for the most part - last year the Patriots led with 8:1 odds for SB XLIV and the Saints were 25:1.

It just goes by who did better the previous year.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:01 PM    (permalink
3pac
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
That's meaningless for the most part - last year the Patriots led with 8:1 odds for SB XLIV and the Saints were 25:1.

It just goes by who did better the previous year.
The point is you're an idiot if you think there's only a 1.5% chance one of the best teams in the league will make the Super Bowl. I have no idea if they will or not, but every year people act like the Colts are done. Until Peyton Manning starts sucking we'll be contenders, just like Brady on the Pats. If I had a gun to my head and had to pick, I'd probably say the Chargers, but who knows.

EDIT: The Texans haven't even made the playoffs yet, let alone won a playoff game. You really think they're going to win the SB? And actually Peyton Manning IS getting better. Last season was either his 1st or 2nd best season ever depending on how you want to rate his '04 one.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:10 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The point is you're an idiot if you think there's only a 1.5% chance one of the best teams in the league will make the Super Bowl. I have no idea if they will or not, but every year people act like the Colts are done. Until Peyton Manning starts sucking we'll be contenders, just like Brady on the Pats. If I had a gun to my head and had to pick, I'd probably say the Chargers, but who knows.

EDIT: The Texans haven't even made the playoffs yet, let alone won a playoff game. You really think they're going to win the SB? And actually Peyton Manning IS getting better. Last season was either his 1st or 2nd best season ever depending on how you want to rate his '04 one.
I don't understand what this year has to do with next year. Just because the Texans have never made the playoffs doesn't mean they can win the Super Bowl next year. Their history has literally NOTHING to do with their future.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 03-16-2010, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmmm for the third year straight, I'm going Eagles v. Chargers
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:13 PM    (permalink
3pac
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
I don't understand what this year has to do with next year. Just because the Texans have never made the playoffs doesn't mean they can win the Super Bowl next year. Their history has literally NOTHING to do with their future.
Playoff experience matters a LOT actually.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:17 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
Playoff experience matters a LOT actually.
It really doesn't matter. The Saints had never made a SB before this year, that didn't matter in the Super Bowl. Playoff experience is so overrated.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 03-16-2010, 04:18 PM    (permalink
3pac
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
It really doesn't matter. The Saints had never made a SB before this year, that didn't matter in the Super Bowl. Playoff experience is so overrated.
No, but they'd been in the playoffs and won before.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:18 PM    (permalink
3pac
Rookie

By the way........ go Twins.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:20 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
No, but they'd been in the playoffs and won before.
The Colts had won the SB before, it didn't help them. The Chargers and the Vikes make the playoffs every year, doesn't help them much.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 03-16-2010, 04:20 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
By the way........ go Twins.
I owe you some rep for this.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 03-16-2010, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is too early to be discussing this topic... I would love to be a homer and say the Patriots, but I don't think that will happen. If Favre comes back (again) the Vikes should be favorites for the Super Bowl. However, my pick at this moment is GB. Aaron Rodgers is insane and he has a very good RB to take some of the pressure of. If they can improve their OL they're going to win it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

San Francisco 49ers vs. Buffalo Bills

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote