Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-16-2010, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chargers are sure getting alot of love here.

At this point, I like Baltimore alot out of the AFC.

In the NFC, I'm going with Dallas.

If that happened, I probably wouldn't watch out of disgust.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pac View Post
The point is you're an idiot if you think there's only a 1.5% chance one of the best teams in the league will make the Super Bowl. I have no idea if they will or not, but every year people act like the Colts are done. Until Peyton Manning starts sucking we'll be contenders, just like Brady on the Pats. If I had a gun to my head and had to pick, I'd probably say the Chargers, but who knows.

EDIT: The Texans haven't even made the playoffs yet, let alone won a playoff game. You really think they're going to win the SB? And actually Peyton Manning IS getting better. Last season was either his 1st or 2nd best season ever depending on how you want to rate his '04 one.
It's as simple as this:

Peyton Manning and Dwight Freeney are the two most important players on the Colts. Without them, the team is 8-8 at best.

Dwight Freeney has had an amazing career, but he's a DE who relies primarily on his speed. Speed is one of the first things to go when a player hits 30, as most running backs can attest to. I can't see Dwight Freeney getting any better, and his skills are probably going to decline with each coming year.

Peyton Manning is going to be what, 34? Again, quarterbacks can continue to play on a high level into their 30s, but he's not going to improve, and ther eis a good chance at some point his skills begin to decline in the future.

If Peyton and Dwight continue playing on a high level, I see them as playoff contenders, but getting to the Super Bowl requires alot of luck, alot of fortunate circumstances, and alot of talent. It's hard to get to the Super Bowl year after year. Based on this alone, and the possibility that the aging superstars of the Colts begin to decline at some point in the next few years, I have a hard time seeing the Colts revisiting the Super Bowl any time soon.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:59 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love to see Baltimore and Stallworth do really well for comeback player, Baltimore and Saints would be a really fun matchup.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:00 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am going to say Chiefs v. Lions
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
The Ultimate Homer Pick

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:07 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Didn't you pick that last year, too? lol

I'm going Packers - Colts.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steelers vs Packers
Old 03-16-2010, 11:10 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, I picked Chiefs v. Rams last year.
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Steelers vs Packers
If it ends up anything like the game last year I will punch you in the face. Be warned.

bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Packers v. Ravens BOOK IT
Quote:
Old 03-16-2010, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
If it ends up anything like the game last year I will punch you in the face. Be warned.
Good luck finding me, but you know that was a great game!
Old 03-16-2010, 11:14 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Packers v. Ravens BOOK IT
Thats what I was thinking too. Smart man.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:21 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Good luck finding me, but you know that was a great game!
I'll find that 'stache' if it kills me.

Old 03-16-2010, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I'll find that 'stache' if it kills me.
I feel flattered.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:25 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Green Bay is ready to win..they probably need some good youth at corner. OL needs to perform better and they should pick up a back in the first who can catch to add another weapon for Rodgers..

AFC: Harder to me.. Pitt, Bal, Jets, Colts.. etc.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:28 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ravens and Cowboys
Old 03-16-2010, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Super Bowl next year: Vikings vs. Chargers.

I will call it every year til it finally happens, just the Chris Berman used to call San Fran vs Buffalo every year.
lol I've been picking the jags as my darkhorse team for the past 5 years for that very reason. So I'm going jags vs giants, hey we could make it if we're healthy and add some DTs to make our run D less pathetic. Eli was beast with two injured feet, an OL that got old fast, a rookie, a redshirt rookie and steve smith at receiver and D that **** itself whenever a real team came to town. OL should be better with Beatty taking over at LT letting Diehl move back to LG where he was elite and the young receivers are only going to get better. I'm almost being serious picking us to make it, but at this point why the **** not be optimistic?

The packers have a lot of things going for them but something just doesn't sit right with me. I'm somewhat concerned with the OL and the running game, but Rodgers and that passing game soften that, the D should get better and they have god, a nice collection of linebackers and DL and a year of experience in the 3-4 but as I said something just doesn't sit right.

I don't think the cowboys are going to make it and the eagles certainly could make some noise while the saints are still around and the Falcons O should be great so long as the D holds up. It's just a general clusterfuck and should make for a great season although injuries will definitely knock a couple of these teams off the list of contenders and we still haven't even had the draft to see what each team adds.

**** there's a lot of good teams out there this year. So Giants v Jags...if not the jags then the Bengals.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:16 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chargers v. Packers for sure.
CC.SD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:30 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm gonna go with the Show Me State Showdown....

Rams vs. Chiefs. Hell yes!
Old 03-17-2010, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Chargers v. Packers for sure.
But you guys don't have LT anymore!!

LT!!! Hall of Fame running back LT!! :(
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 01:18 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
But you guys don't have LT anymore!!

LT!!! Hall of Fame running back LT!! :(

Yes.

But in between crying sessions I know whoever we get at RB will be more productive than Ladainian has been the last 2 years.
CC.SD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 01:34 AM    (permalink
raiderchampion3
Rookie

raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3

Dolphins or Ravens vs Packers or Falcons.
raiderchampion3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 01:37 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderchampion3 View Post
Raiders vs Raiders.
I like it. I think Janikowski comes up big. Earns his paycheck.

Old 03-17-2010, 01:37 AM    (permalink
raiderchampion3
Rookie

raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3

I never posted Raiders vs Raiders!
raiderchampion3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 01:42 AM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Broncos went 8-8 with no d-line and with players on both sides of the ball learning a completely new system. No way we miss the superbowl next season now with experience in the system and brand new (well, new to us anyway) d-line.

It will be inconsequential who we play!

in writing this post I have almost convinced myself that it could happen.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote