Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-17-2010, 04:11 PM    (permalink
BoneKrusher
DC GFX Team
Pro Bowler

BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i would say Jamaal will be hotter than a firecracker in the fantasy leagues this year.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:12 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneKrusher View Post
i would say Jamaal will be hotter than a firecracker in the fantasy leagues this year.
Now that's a different story and I agree.

Though he'll probably be a late 1st round pick which will be tough to rely on as your 1st RB off the board. A guy like Ray Rice had incredible value last year and could be had late, that won't happen with Charles so he brings alot more risk to be your first pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 04:16 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember Steve Slaton.

See how long it takes for RBs to completely fall off the face of the planet?
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 04:16 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, this post made three pages? That's awesome!

Keep it goin!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 04:39 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneKrusher View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Now that's a different story and I agree.

Though he'll probably be a late 1st round pick which will be tough to rely on as your 1st RB off the board. A guy like Ray Rice had incredible value last year and could be had late, that won't happen with Charles so he brings alot more risk to be your first pick.
And if you're keeping him in round 15, Shonne Greene in 13, and Aaron Rodgers in 12 you're feeling pretty high and goddamn mighty.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 04:53 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Opinion. Just like you have Andre Johnson on there...
There's opinion then there's being realistic.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 05:03 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
Posts like this make jesus kill kittens.
I had to edit this post because I would be banned if I didn't

Happy ST. Pattys day douche bag.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Now Jamaal Charles is a top 5 RB. Dear god.

Adrian Peterson
Chris Johnson
Maurice Jones-Drew
Frank Gore
Steven Jackson
Ray Rice
Jonathan Stewart
DeAngelo Williams

Remember when Michael Turner was a top 5 RB this time last year? Matt Forte?
As of Week 14:

Adrian Peterson: 1,123 yds 4.8 ypc
Chris Johnson: 1,137 yds 4.4 ypc
Maurice Jones-Drew: 1,177 yds 4.5 ypc
Frank Gore: 853 yds 4.2 ypc
Steven Jackson: 985 yds 3.8 ypc
Ray Rice: 844 yards 4.0 ypc
Jonathan Stewart: 398 yds 3.9 ypc
DeAngelo Williams: 361 yds 4.1 ypc

Jamaal Charles: 1,137 yds 6.2 ypc

The only back that is arguably having a better season than Jamaal Charles this year is Arian Foster.

OPOY? If you're talking about running backs, at 6.2 yards a pop, and considering what he's done for KC, I'd have to say he's in the discussion along with Arian Foster.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a shame Todd won't give Jamaal the ball in the red zone, he does most of the work and then Cassel or Jones gets the TD.
Old 12-11-2010, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
It's a shame Todd won't give Jamaal the ball in the red zone, he does most of the work and then Cassel or Jones gets the TD.
Just imagine how insane his numbers would be if Jones wasn't even in the picture.

JC might even be breaking the yards-from-scrimmage record if he had been the main back from the start of the season.
Old 12-11-2010, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Sounds a lot like Ray Rice the last two years.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

BTW you can all thank me if you took him as your top RB in fantasy this year after I posted this thread way back in March. I know I did, and am reaping the benefits!
Old 12-11-2010, 02:57 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just imagine how insane his numbers would be if Jones wasn't even in the picture.

JC might even be breaking the yards-from-scrimmage record if he had been the main back from the start of the season.
Or he would have worn down from double the carries, his YPC would be around 4.6, and he'd have 6 more TDs. Half of the reason Charles has been so effective is because he isn't asked to carry the ball 20 times per game between the tackles.

I swear, its like some people have never watched football before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Or he would have worn down from double the carries, his YPC would be around 4.6, and he'd have 6 more TDs. Half of the reason Charles has been so effective is because he isn't asked to carry the ball 20 times per game between the tackles.

I swear, its like some people have never watched football before.
See, the problem is, you truly don't know what would have happened had he been given more carries. You really don't. You can assume things, but in the end, that doesn't mean s***.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:02 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
See, the problem is, you truly don't know what would have happened had he been given more carries. You really don't. You can assume things, but in the end, that doesn't mean s***.
Which is why you also can't assume he'd be challenging the yards from scrimmage record. It goes both ways.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even tho Jones takes red zone touches away from Charles I'm more then glad he is here, I will be the first to say Jones is a huge reason why Charles is having the kinda year he is having.

I also think that people assume Jones is getting more touches then Charles because Jones is the "starter", but from mid season on Charles has been getting the ball more.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I find that most guys do better with more carries. Maybe not more than 25, but getting less than 10 does a guy no favors at all.

I'd try to keep a guy between 15 and 20 carries, and if he's still looking strong at 20, keep going.

Charles might have even higher YPC with more touches.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Anyway, the point is that Jamaal Charles is, without question, one of the top three running backs in the NFL this year, if not THE top running back.

Which is what I predicted back in March, and everyone laughed at the possibility.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he is not the Top Runningback, he isnt even in the top3 rbs this season

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
Name me three running backs that are having better seasons than Charles this year.

He leads the league in YPC, and is second only to MJD and Arian Foster in total yards rushing.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
But he's averaging over 6 yards per carry behind a somewhat questionable OL. I'd say Charles is in the top 3 no matter what the stats say. As for OPOY goes... Idk, it's still too early for me to say. There hasn't been an offensive player who has put together a dominating performance besides Brady, but I don't think he should be menioned here seeing as he looks like a lock for the MVP at this point. I actually think that I would put Maurice Jones-Drew at the top of my list for OPOY right now. The guy is beasting with no help what so ever from his teammates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
But he's averaging over 6 yards per carry behind a somewhat questionable OL. I'd say Charles is in the top 3 no matter what the stats say. As for OPOY goes... Idk, it's still too early for me to say. There hasn't been an offensive player who has put together a dominating performance besides Brady, but I don't think he should be menioned here seeing as he looks like a lock for the MVP at this point. I actually think that I would put Maurice Jones-Drew at the top of my list for OPOY right now. The guy is beasting with no help what so ever from his teammates.
Peyton Hillis, Arian Foster, MJD.

i just dont think having 4 TDs is a lot for a top3 RB especially a RB that is a home runner(and i do understand there are people there spelling him and that he might get it)

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Charles hasn't been so much of a home runner hitter this year as a guy who rips off a bunch off 15-20 yard runs. Though a lot of that has to due with the types of runs (outside as opposed to up the middle) he's getting this year as opposed to last.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AD not getting mentioned as a top back by people still confuses me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
AD not getting mentioned as a top back by people still confuses me.
Don't get me wrong. I think AD is the best back in the game, including last year. But if we're talking OPOY he's not even in the conversation at this point imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote