Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 03-18-2010, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.
Default Packers Draft Challenge.

Since we all love following the draft and a few of us have been on this site for a few years, I think it's time we put our knowledge to the test! Anybody can participate.

The premise is simple. You select FIVE players in the entire draft that you believe will end up in GB after it's all said and done. I'll keep all our picks in this topic and at the end of the draft, we'll see who is victorious.

Your selections don't have to be all first-round prospects either. But if you wish to pick five guys that are likely to be the pick in the first, go for it. The person who has selected the most players, if any, that end up in a GB uniform will be the winner.

RULES: Your picks are due Sunday, April 18th at 11:59 EST.

The winner will receive the most prestige trophy in the draftcountdown.com community.

The Craig Bragg Memorial Trophy!

Jim Jim: ELIMINATED.

J-Mike88: ELIMINATED.

Princefielder28: ELIMINATED.

cvv84: ELIMINATED.

TitleTown088: ELIMINATED.

cuzifelt1ikeit: ELIMINATED.

Johbur: ELIMNATED.

Mr. Regular: ELIMINATED.

Jackalope: ELIMINATED.

Umphrey: ELIMINATED.

bigboiajhawk: ELIMINATED.

GB12: ELIMINATED.

Whistler6: ELIMINATED.

RyanBraun8: ELIMINATED.

Last edited by Jim Jim : 04-24-2010 at 03:30 PM.
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 04:57 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds fun JJ.
I'll try and hit on ONE, a little closer to the draft.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 05:05 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, i'm going to wait a few weeks til I make my picks...this is a real good idea

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

Oh! No need to make your picks now. Just be sure to sign up, so I can mark ya down! I think the deadline for picks will be about a week before the draft.
Old 03-18-2010, 05:24 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Count me in as well
Old 03-18-2010, 05:46 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sign me up as well. Good idea.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:58 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder how many had Raji sliding to 9 last year, or had us taking Matthews.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:03 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
I wonder how many had Raji sliding to 9 last year, or had us taking Matthews.
He actually was my crush of the draft last season

I'm down to do this. I may need a reminder.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 01:37 AM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.

im down.. be back a little closer to draft time for my picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigNall4MVP
biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver
cuzifelt1ikeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 08:59 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Nobody should need a reminder. Just stay active in here.... we're down to 4+weeks now.
Keep the discussions cranked up in here. Share the news, spread the info, etc.

More Packer mocks, etc... then I'll win this contest!
Old 03-19-2010, 03:02 PM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.

Put me down!

A bunch of people had us going Raji in the first with Matthews in the second before Clay's stock rose to 1st round to Patriots in every mock.
RyanBraun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 03:33 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBraun8 View Post
Put me down!

A bunch of people had us going Raji in the first with Matthews in the second before Clay's stock rose to 1st round to Patriots in every mock.
Which is hilarious, and ironic, because it was that arrogant fool Belichick who traded us that pick to take Matthews.
Little Bill. The same guy who also went the other way with us to select WR Chad Jackson and let us take Greg Jennings.

Ted > Little Bill :)
Well, maybe except for that funny little Randy Moss 2007 thing.... ???
Old 03-19-2010, 07:36 PM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.

Quote:
Which is hilarious, and ironic, because it was that arrogant fool Belichick who traded us that pick to take Matthews.
Little Bill. The same guy who also went the other way with us to select WR Chad Jackson and let us take Greg Jennings.

Ted > Little Bill :)
Well, maybe except for that funny little Randy Moss 2007 thing.... ???
Hey now, no hating on one of the greatest coaches of all-time! ha I know some people will hate that comment and say something like he is a cheater and blah blah blah but really you will not find a coach in the NFL who is more knowledgable and is as great at breaking down film. Plus I just love the way he goes about his business, the guy is a stud.

David Halberstam's "The Education of a Coach" is a good book to check out if your interested at all in Belichick.

As for the trading out instead of drafting Clay...I was shocked! I thought for sure that he was going to the Patriots. Not going to lie though, I thought they had an unbelievable draft after it was all done.

I can't believe how bad I wanted Jackson and was so upset the we traded down and took this small school hack over taking Chad Jackson...this was the 2nd most pissed I had been by a WR decision in the 2nd round...the first being Sherman's dumbass passing on Wisconsin star Chris Chambers for this Texas A&M bumb Robert Ferguson. i was so pumped that we were about to have Chambers because everyone knew we were goin WR and Sherman like usual made a god aweful pick! grrrr still get angered thinking about it.

Ha nice little rant
Old 03-19-2010, 08:54 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBraun8 View Post
...the first being Sherman's dumbass passing on Wisconsin star Chris Chambers for this Texas A&M bumb Robert Ferguson. i was so pumped that we were about to have Chambers because everyone knew we were goin WR and Sherman like usual made a god aweful pick! grrrr still get angered thinking about it.

Ha nice little rant
and that's how mad I was in 1998 when God trie dto gift us.... He made Randy Moss slide outta the top 5, top 10... all the way to our pick, and we passed on him for a role player on the DL, Von Holliday!
This during a year when we actually were playing Bill Schroeder and after Robert Brooks had torn his ACL and was no longer Brooks.
And to make it worse, the evil Vikings took him and I lived in Minnesota those years.

Another little rant but that has haunted me now for 12 years.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:08 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
and that's how mad I was in 1998 when God trie dto gift us.... He made Randy Moss slide outta the top 5, top 10... all the way to our pick, and we passed on him for a role player on the DL, Von Holliday!
This during a year when we actually were playing Bill Schroeder and after Robert Brooks had torn his ACL and was no longer Brooks.
And to make it worse, the evil Vikings took him and I lived in Minnesota those years.

Another little rant but that has haunted me now for 12 years.
Holliday was damn good when he played for us. Not a role player at all. He was runner up to Charles Woodson for DROY and the only thing really holding him back was he seemed to get knicked up for a period each season.

You're forgetting that we had Antonio Freeman and Mark Chumura too. Brooks was also still on the team and had 1000 yards that season he returned from his ACL injury.
Old 03-20-2010, 12:58 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm in! I'd like to see Taylor Mays on the squad, but he'll likely not be there with his sub-4.4 40. Hmmm... I'll come in with my picks after pro-days. Remember, you have to think like Ted, so make sure to unearth those players from Marshall, Troy, and NW Dakota St...
Old 03-20-2010, 01:35 AM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Holliday was damn good when he played for us. Not a role player at all. He was runner up to Charles Woodson for DROY and the only thing really holding him back was he seemed to get knicked up for a period each season.

You're forgetting that we had Antonio Freeman and Mark Chumura too. Brooks was also still on the team and had 1000 yards that season he returned from his ACL injury.
Yeah agreed. Vonny gave us many very good years and it hurt when he left us. More haunting is when TT decided that Moss wasn't worth a 4th round pick and he went to the Patriots and lite it up.

Mark Chumura..... so good and I can not blame him for his hot tub party! I mean yes they may have been 17 and you prob could have at least went for 19 year olds but Marky I beat they said they were of age and you just did what every man would do. I bet after that it getting into his hot tube was like getting into a night club....ID please, only 17? Yeah thats not fly get out of here!

ha the door was open so figured I thought I'd bring some humor to the board and lighten it up a bit.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im in for sure, but like everyone else Ill be waiting a bit. Great idea!

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Updated with deadline for your picks.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:27 AM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1- Jared Veldheer
2- Kyle Wilson
3- Mike Iupati
4- Charles Brown
5- Mike Kafka

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Last edited by jackalope : 04-07-2010 at 05:17 PM.
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:37 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Alright, I'd throw myself on the fire and go first.

1) Kyle Wilson
2) Rodger Saffold
3) Malcolm Sheppard
4) Joe McKnight
5) Selvish Capers
Old 03-30-2010, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

And the first person is on the board and eligible to win the super-duper famous Craig Bragg Memorial Trophy! I'll get mine up soon.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:56 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1) Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, CB, Indiana(PA)
2) Koa Misi, OLB, Utah
3) Barry Church, SS, Toledo
4) Emmanuel Sanders, WR, Southern Methodist
5) Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:47 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting putting Campbell on there.

I'm submitting mine within a day or 2 of the deadline

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 12:29 AM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

yeah I have to wait a little longer...still way to much can change