Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-20-2010, 04:44 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default The last season you believe a bunch of teams had a shot to win the Super Bowl.

Hmmm...perhaps 1998?

The 1998 New York Jets
The 1998 San Francisco 49ers
The 1998 Atlanta Falcons
The 1998 Minnesota Vikings
The 1998 Denver Broncos (obviously)
The 1998 Green Bay Packers

All of those teams had great seasons that year and could have really beaten anyone. People still talk about those teams to this day. I know in my mind that was the last team for my franchise I believe had a shot to at least getting there.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:12 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Hmmm...perhaps 1998?

The 1998 New York Jets
The 1998 San Francisco 49ers
The 1998 Atlanta Falcons
The 1998 Minnesota Vikings
The 1998 Denver Broncos (obviously)
The 1998 Green Bay Packers

All of those teams had great seasons that year and could have really beaten anyone. People still talk about those teams to this day. I know in my mind that was the last team for my franchise I believe had a shot to at least getting there.
That's actually pretty interesting. Gonna test my memory

The Jets... Was Neil O'Donnell Quarterback then? We'll I'm not sure exactly what the Jets had... I was a wee 7 year old, and although I do remember watching my Broncos playing in the superbowl, the season was a blur to me. I remember watching Broncos Championship tapes though. Jets fans probably remember the awkward kickoff that was a good 40 yards down the field that the Broncos actually recovered. The Jets lead at halftime but could not prevail.

The 49ers- Unfortunately this is another team I struggle with considering they never matched up with the Broncos (as didn't the Vikings) I do know they were lead by Rice and Young and that in itself made them contenders. 49ers fans remember the Young to T.O. throw.

The Atlanta Falcons. Lead by Trash Talking, loud mouthed, shifty but not fast running back Jamaal Anderson, the Falcons weren't necessarily the favorites to reach the superbowl, and had to squeak by an unbelievable Vikings team. This is a Falcons team that made it farther than any other Falcons team in a while. Team stars included Eugene Robinson (for more than 1 reason) and Jessie Tuggle

THe Vikings. The vikings had a great, great year lead by Quarterback Randall Cunningham, Cris Carter, and a Rookie moss, the vikings tore up the regular season and were truly expected to make it to the superbowl. Even more so than this years vikings. It turned out that the Falcons won when it came down to a last second field goal.

The Broncos... Well I can name you the entire starting lineup from the 1998 team.

The Packers fell victim to my Broncos a year earlier, and Favre surely wanted a taste of victory but he couldnt get it
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
The 49ers- Unfortunately this is another team I struggle with considering they never matched up with the Broncos (as didn't the Vikings) I do know they were lead by Rice and Young and that in itself made them contenders. 49ers fans remember the Young to T.O. throw.
Errrm well I don't know about not being able to contend with the Broncos. We did smack them upside the head the previous season during the end of the year. Really in my opinion the only team the 49ers could never beat was Green Bay. They were really the only for sure obstacle in our way and in my opinion cost us at least one more Super Bowl. Everyone to this day still says if Garrison Hearst hadn't broken his leg on the first play of the game against the Atlanta Falcons, things may have been drastically different. We had the league's best rushing attack that year.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 10:48 AM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last year going into the playoffs ... the Colts and Chargers were on a combined like 16 game winning streak or something. As soon as the Chargers trounced the Broncos to finish the season I knew I didn't want to play them the next week. Then there were the Titans & Steelers, and an argument could be made for the Ravens as well.

In the NFC, the Panthers & Giants both had amazing running games, though the Giants were a shell of themselves without Plax. But the Eagles were strong, and I don't think anyone had the Cardinals in the Super Bowl.
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:54 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any recent yr. that the Steelers didn't win it.....
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 02:25 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't understand why this question is relevant, there is only one team that can win it in 2010 :D
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 02:33 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
I don't understand why this question is relevant, there is only one team that can win it in 2010 :D
You're absolutely right.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 03:38 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you know, your logo is just a letter!
Old 03-22-2010, 03:41 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
What do you know, your logo is just a letter!
but its 1 letter with 3 colors. Pretty sweet.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:44 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
but its 1 letter with 3 colors. Pretty sweet.
But it doesn't even stand for the team name! This is infuriating!
Old 03-22-2010, 03:49 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If someone mentions '98 again I will kick you in the dick.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:08 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

True, they copied the logo from UGA and Grambling.
Or UGA and Grambling copied from them?
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:30 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
True, they copied the logo from UGA and Grambling.
Or UGA and Grambling copied from them?
The Green Bay Packers hold the trademark. They've used their oval G since 1961.

The NFL club says it granted limited permission to use a similar mark to the University of Georgia (in 1964) and to Grambling.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=2071363

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 05:58 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Errrm well I don't know about not being able to contend with the Broncos. We did smack them upside the head the previous season during the end of the year. Really in my opinion the only team the 49ers could never beat was Green Bay. They were really the only for sure obstacle in our way and in my opinion cost us at least one more Super Bowl. Everyone to this day still says if Garrison Hearst hadn't broken his leg on the first play of the game against the Atlanta Falcons, things may have been drastically different. We had the league's best rushing attack that year.
You mean the game where Terrell Davis was hurt, and played maybe a half? In San Francisco I might add, that game was similar to the 1996 game against the Packers that the Broncos got annhilated without John Elway and Packer fans saying they would kick the Broncos butts because they did it last year.
And that 1998 Broncos team was about as well rounded on offense as you can get. Defense was stout when they needed to, and had the players to create turnovers.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If Hurst wouldn't have broken his ankle the Niners would have had a lot better chance of taking down Atlanta.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
If someone mentions '98 again I will kick you in the dick.
"and Anderson hasnt missed in 2 years..."

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:32 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
"and Anderson hasnt missed in 2 years..."
I don't know you, probably never will, but if I ever see you, expect your dick to be kicked. Asshole!

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 01:09 AM    (permalink
7DnBrnc53
Rookie

7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.7DnBrnc53 is so money.
Default 2000's

I think that every year in the 00's has been up in the air, with maybe the exception of 04 and 07.
7DnBrnc53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally I think that if a team makes the Playoffs then it has a serious chance of winning the Superbowl. The Giants won it despite being 5th Seed, while the Steelers won it despite being 6th Seed, so I honestly believe that if you can make playoffs then you can win the whole thing. And there are probably at least 16 teams with a possibility of making the playoffs every single year. So every year a ton of teams have a chance of winning it.

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.
Seamus2602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 01:42 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last year...?

I mean there really hasn't been a dominate team in the league besides the Patriots where you go "No way anyone else wins the super bowl this year" and that was the year where they lost to the Giants.

The Vikings, Saints, Cardinals, Cowboys, Colts, Patriots, Steelers, Chargers all going into the year looked like legit super bowl teams.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote