Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-09-2014, 02:28 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Clash of Clans

It has come to my attention that a few of you play the Mobile game and in the efforts to get us all together I thought maybe a thread would be in order.

I was talking to GF and ended up coming up with the Clan Draftniks. So feel free to join!

Here are a couple of great sites:
http://clashofclans.wikia.com/wiki/Clash_of_Clans_Wiki
http://duxter.com/game/clash-of-clans/

Duxter has a good few guides to get you started.

Other things to note:
- Don't spend your gems. It might seem really enticing to speed up a build or to gather resources faster but you can use these later to get more builder huts. Hold off at all costs!

- Before upgrading your Town Hall be sure to finish upgrading all your buildings. The level of competition you face is loosely based around the level of your Town Hall so rushing to level it will leave you scrambling to catch up later.

Clan List:

NFLDC Name - In Game Name
ImBrotherCain - ImBrotherCain
Giantsfan1080 - Zak
FlyingElvis - FlyingElvis
Grizzlegom - Grizzlegom
Trent - XxXdragonXxX
Flam - Naga114
Fecality - TitansCJftw
Earl - EvilMonkey
Kal - Kalbears
Jay - GeneralZod
CashmoneyDrew - CashmoneyDrew

Last edited by ImBrotherCain : 01-31-2014 at 07:39 AM.
ImBrotherCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Will join when I get home from work!

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 02:38 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I changed the clan name to just Draftniks as the NFLDC part made it quite long.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds good. I know titanscj will join and then hopefully some others here check it out.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-09-2014, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

How does the Clan Castle thing work exactly?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-09-2014, 09:08 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

You can house troops that are donated to you by other members of the clan that defend in the event you are attacked or you can deploy them in battle.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:30 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im in dudes
Old 01-10-2014, 11:01 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Grizz is playing now as well.... Need more people!
Old 01-10-2014, 01:35 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

I am about 25k Elixir from level 3 Barbarians.

Also just updated the first post with some links to valuable information.
Old 01-10-2014, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'm trying to upgrade now and get to Level 5 Town Hall by Sunday.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-10-2014, 01:49 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I'm trying to upgrade now and get to Level 5 Town Hall by Sunday.
Hold off if you can. The reason being is that you tend to face competition equal to the level of your TH. So I suggest leveling up everything you have if you can and then when you can no longer upgrade go to TH level 5.
Old 01-10-2014, 02:20 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glad i know that!
Old 01-10-2014, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Hold off if you can. The reason being is that you tend to face competition equal to the level of your TH. So I suggest leveling up everything you have if you can and then when you can no longer upgrade go to TH level 5.
I'm pretty close to leveling up mostly everything. Maybe I'll wait the extra days then.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-10-2014, 02:49 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I'm pretty close to leveling up mostly everything. Maybe I'll wait the extra days then.
I want more walls to be able to "pocket" my base but I don't want to upgrade my town hall as I need to get my buildings upgraded or I won't be able to compete with the bigger guys.

Unfortunately this is a lesson I learned the hard way as I think I jumped to level 5 too quickly.

Last edited by ImBrotherCain : 01-10-2014 at 02:51 PM.
ImBrotherCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 02:55 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What kind of time commitment is needed to play this?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Not as much as other games. If you're building stuff sometimes you dont have to check for 5 or 6 hrs. Give it a try, you'll like it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-10-2014, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I want more walls to be able to "pocket" my base but I don't want to upgrade my town hall as I need to get my buildings upgraded or I won't be able to compete with the bigger guys.

Unfortunately this is a lesson I learned the hard way as I think I jumped to level 5 too quickly.
Yeah it's probably the best way to do everything. Level everything up as high as you can and then upgrade to the next Town Hall.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-10-2014, 03:04 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm considering it, but I'm not sure if it would keep my interest.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 03:06 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I told you a week ago to check it out. Its fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Its nice because while you can pay to get gems you don't have to. They speed things up which is nice but you can still beat someone who has spent a ton on the game because at a certain point you will be on even playing ground.

Its not like WoH where unless you spent tons of money you weren't going to ever get the best stuff.
Old 01-10-2014, 03:18 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

i have a ton of stuff to upgrade before my town hall phew i dont even think ive been attacked or attacked a real person yet
Old 01-10-2014, 03:22 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansCJftw View Post
i have a ton of stuff to upgrade before my town hall phew i dont even think ive been attacked or attacked a real person yet
I am trying to catch up now... It stinks. My collectors are under leveled. My defenses (3 Cannons, 1 Archer Tower 1x level down, 2 Archer Towers 2x levels down, Wizard Tower, Mortar and Air Defense) are all behind.

I should probably use my Elixir to level my Gold Mines and Gold Storage but Level 3 Barbs seem soo much more rewarding.
Old 01-10-2014, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
When I downloaded it I thought I would play for an hr and be done with it. I'm pretty hooked now though. I will not be buying any extras either.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-10-2014, 06:09 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've seen enough about this game to consider downloading it, and probably will after the weekend. I've been playing The Simpsons: Tapped Out. It's gotten old even though I still find myself checking it every few hours.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:34 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I told you a week ago to check it out. Its fun.

Its nice because while you can pay to get gems you don't have to. They speed things up which is nice but you can still beat someone who has spent a ton on the game because at a certain point you will be on even playing ground.

Its not like WoH where unless you spent tons of money you weren't going to ever get the best stuff.
WoH feels like a lifetime ago. Don't think I've done a large scale competitive game since then. I'm not drawn to this game like I was with that one, actually never been into these types of games on the computer, but maybe the gameplay/competitiveness will keep me interested.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
WoH feels like a lifetime ago. Don't think I've done a large scale competitive game since then. I'm not drawn to this game like I was with that one, actually never been into these types of games on the computer, but maybe the gameplay/competitiveness will keep me interested.
I gave it a shot this morning, I still half-assedly check it but I'm not really drawn in.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote