Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-07-2011, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
WTF Jesse?
WTF What? You didn't see that coming?
Old 08-07-2011, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of course I saw it coming but it didn't make me not "WTF" him though
Dumb bastard... even he must have known this was going to happen eventually...

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:55 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Considering the event that brought him to his current state, I don't consider him an idiot. I consider him to be a zombie like Badger and Peter discussed in the opener.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Easily best episode of the season thus far, glad to see there starting to get things moving. I like the last few episodes but we didn't need that much set up, nothing happened that we didn't already figure would happen so it's good to see that they moved things forward this week. Hopefully it stays on this path.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:49 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the scene with hank and walt in hanks bedroom was out of control. im going to watch the episode again haha

-6000th post until the rdt is deleted

Last edited by TimD : 08-09-2011 at 07:52 AM.
TimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:53 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Considering the event that brought him to his current state, I don't consider him an idiot. I consider him to be a zombie like Badger and Peter discussed in the opener.
I can definitely sympathize with him...
it's just that we're slowly watching him spiral down
very effective in wishing something happens that takes his mind off of it.
As of now, turning his house into a crack house isn't going to help

Old 08-14-2011, 10:51 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://tv.ign.com/articles/118/1187824p1.html

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Also, Walter is a ******.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-14-2011, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm losing patience with this season.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

The last two episodes have been great.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-14-2011, 11:13 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have faith that it'll improve in terms of events. I thought tonight was gonna be the bomb it was kinda underwhelming.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought tonight was damn good, not sure why anyone would think otherwise.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:24 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess I had really unreasonable expectations. Not saying it sucked at all.

Compliments of TACKLE

Old 08-14-2011, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I thought tonight was damn good, not sure why anyone would think otherwise.
What happened with Mike and Jesse was interesting and all (you had to be sure Jesse wasn't going to die) and that fun car time was exciting, but it was still just more build-up. The best part of the episode was Walt waiting in the restaurant in the beginning.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

What the **** are you guys so dissatisfied about? What kinds of scenes is this missing? There wasn't a ton of "action sequences" in previous seasons. Just a few big memorable ones.

Tonight was very good.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:13 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

Quote:
What the **** are you guys so dissatisfied about? What kinds of scenes is this missing? There wasn't a ton of "action sequences" in previous seasons. Just a few big memorable ones.

Tonight was very good.
After a second watch I liked it much more. I just came into it expecting a monumental event so that kinda killed it for me the first time.

Compliments of TACKLE

Old 08-15-2011, 12:16 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Quote:

Tonight was very good.
I don't "need" action sequences. I'm a huge fan of shows like Mad Men and Six Feet Under. I didn't get kind of anxiety or tension like I did in Bullet Points. This whole Mike-Jesse interaction isn't interesting IMO, it's obvious Gus just wants to keep Jesse from doing drugs and being reckless. The only moments I held my breath were the beginning and the end. The episode just missed for me, and I'm still holding out for the season's big WTF moment.

Maybe it's because I marathoned seasons 1-3 in the span of around two weeks. There have been some very good episodes, including Box Cutter and Bullet Points, but it still feels like it's plodding.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:09 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Both of these last two episodes advanced the plot forward and weren't set up episodes like the ones before them.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-15-2011, 06:20 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly think people need to realize what a set up episode is.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:27 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I honestly think people need to realize what a set up episode is.
Are you being honest with us?
Old 08-15-2011, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
I don't "need" action sequences. I'm a huge fan of shows like Mad Men and Six Feet Under. I didn't get kind of anxiety or tension like I did in Bullet Points. This whole Mike-Jesse interaction isn't interesting IMO, it's obvious Gus just wants to keep Jesse from doing drugs and being reckless. The only moments I held my breath were the beginning and the end. The episode just missed for me, and I'm still holding out for the season's big WTF moment.

Maybe it's because I marathoned seasons 1-3 in the span of around two weeks. There have been some very good episodes, including Box Cutter and Bullet Points, but it still feels like it's plodding.
That has clearly warped your impression of the show. This season is no different than past seasons. I also think the audience's tolerance for Walt and Jesse's "bad" actions has grown. When the show started, it was a bit more surprising to see them going down the criminal path. Now that they're there, it somehow seems more mundane to people.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

http://blogs.amctv.com/breaking-bad/...enews-brea.php

BB renewed for it's final season next year.

Old 08-15-2011, 11:47 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I disagree with Xio. I liked this past episode, but this season has been by far the worst of the four. It's been ok, but the first three seasons were fantastic, especially season 3.

Maybe the budget cutbacks have made them scale down things, maybe they're running out of great ideas, I dunno.

Like I said, I thought last night was a solid and interesting episode, but the season overall has been flat. How many "set up" episodes do you really need?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To be fair it took Season 3 a long time to get going as well; the first four episodes were a lot like these episodes this year.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
To be fair it took Season 3 a long time to get going as well; the first four episodes were a lot like these episodes this year.
Shiv, how come I never see you post anymore?