Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-15-2011, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The beginning of season 3 was awesome. There were the twins coming, and you knew **** was going to get real, and you had Walter trying to get back with his family, failing miserably. There was also Hank dealing with the after-effects of those events.

What do we have now?

- Walt and Skylar starting a car wash
- Hank sitting on his ass and looking at case files (which may heat up if he makes the connection to Gus)
- Jesse and Mike going around to dead drops

The only real driving forces I could see to this season were Walt trying to get to Gus, which has faded a bit, and the downward spiral of Jesse Pinkman, which apparently Mike has fixed. There has also barely been any Saul Goodman this season so far. Another reason for viewers to complain!
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Season 3 didn't get rolling in a big way until Episode 6 (the one where they're trapped in the RV):
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0903747/episodes#season-3

Don't you get the impression that the **** is ready to hit the fan in Season 4 now? Next week is episode 6.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The show wouldn't maintain its realism if it didn't include storylines about Walt/Skyler, Hank/Marie's marital problems, Jesse's reaction to murdering someone, Hank's rehab, or Gus' removal of himself from harm and from Walt's view.

Again, I have no complaints big enough to voice about this season so far.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

*Walt and Skylar get back together (pretty big)

* Walt seeing he's not as important as he thinks he is, Jesse becoming more important

*Skylar is now a criminal and is in the same boat Walt is in basically

Just some more points off the top of my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

The biggest development has been Skyler's insertion into Walt's criminal career. That needed time to develop. The show has done an admirable job, especially given how much the fans seem to hate her.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

She's much more likeable as a character for me personally then she was the last couple of seasons, but you could sense the change coming last season. S1&2 she was just a ***** and they had her be a ***** right off the bat rather then let the situation develop a bit more and give her side of things a little more understandable. As it is, she basically was freaking out at Walt far too early in the show for me to sympathize for her.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh, I still love the show, but like I said, I'm impatient and I'm waiting for the oh-**** moment of the season. I can't count Victor's death as one since it happened in the premier. I understand very important things are happening in the show right now. It's just taking a little longer than I thought to really heat up.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I want the "oh ****" moment to be deserved. Not manufactured for the sake of giving viewers something to gasp about.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:53 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont see Skylar as any more likable, Walt is certainly starting to seem like a douche though

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Theyre making it easy for the viewers to come to terms with Walt's eventual demise next season. Personally I think he deserves whats coming to him from what the way he's acting this season.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-15-2011, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

One of the things that makes this show great is that the protagonist isn't all that likable. He's not even supposed to be.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:08 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do like some lines they throw in kind of breaking the 4th wall, like when Mike says Jesse is the hero

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Jesse is far more likable than Walt, IMO (we had this discussion several pages back, haha).
Old 08-15-2011, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It annoys me when Walt is going out of his way, putting himself in dangers, to protect Jesse
(Running over those gansters against Gus' orders, going to Gus job with a gun to demand Jesse's whereabouts)
and Jesse continues to **** on him. The loyalty, I-got-your-back mentality isn't reciprocated.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jesse did kill Gale so.......

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-15-2011, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Walt should do that stuff given that it's his fault Jesse is caught in the big-time, dangerous drug trade.

Jesse never asked for any of this.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fair point with the Gale murder...
though it still urked me how Jesse was speaking to Walt at the end of the last night's show

As for it's Walt's fault that Jesse's in the drug trade....
Didn't Jesse ***** about being out of the loop? I can't remember specifically, honestly.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Fair point with the Gale murder...
though it still urked me how Jesse was speaking to Walt at the end of the last night's show

As for it's Walt's fault that Jesse's in the drug trade....
Didn't Jesse ***** about being out of the loop? I can't remember specifically, honestly.
It was the initial induction to the drug trade that doomed Jesse. You can't get out of that business. Remember back in Season 1 when he was reluctant to team up with "Mr. White?"
Old 08-15-2011, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Eh, he was already a drug dealer. Even if he would have denied Walt initially
The potential to make more money would have eventually had him returning to Walt

Old 08-15-2011, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Eh, he was already a drug dealer. Even if he would have denied Walt initially
The potential to make more money would have eventually had him returning to Walt
Jesse was a small-time crook. He had no aspirations of becoming anything more than that before Walt.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

I can't really get a feel for Walt right now. Is he more concerned with staying alive, or with making money?
Old 08-15-2011, 10:13 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Walt has made more money than he would ever need by now. I think he's more concerned about dying on his own terms and keeping everyone close to him alive (although he doesn't seem contrite at all about what happened to Hank)

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Walt has made more money than he would ever need by now. I think he's more concerned about dying on his own terms and keeping everyone close to him alive (although he doesn't seem contrite at all about what happened to Hank)
Ehh, I think that's a little too generous for Walt. I've seen some very selfish, egotistical sides to him, just look at the end of Shotgun when he was trolling Hank.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:22 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ego sure, but I don't think money has anything to do with that.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Walt's belief that he was cheated out of greatness and notoriety by Gretchen and Elliott still has a big impact on how he operates.

Unfortunately for him, he chose a criminal activity to be awesome at so he can't get the credit he so badly desires. Now that he's got the money for his family, respect for his proficiency is his primary motive for doing what he does. He could take Saul's offer to be "disappeared" otherwise.