Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-26-2010, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
No, not at all. I could definitely see Skylar or Walt Jr. taking one for the team and the show keep going after that.
If Walt Jr dies Skylar goes to the police so I am not sure that happens. If he were to die though that would make for some fascinating television.

Last nights episode was ******* insane and just further proves that Breaking Bad is the best show on television right now.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:35 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think that Walt's new lab partner is an undercover agent or anything like that. I simply think he is Walt's replacement, Im rather disappointed that Walt doesnt see this. Bring in another chemist, have him learn Walt's formula and how he does everything, then no need for Walt.

Right now Walt is just barely worth the trouble Gus is having keeping him around, once someone else knows how to cook like him there is zero use for him and would save Gus/his syndicate a lot of trouble & money.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:40 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Peefs????? View Post
I don't think that Walt's new lab partner is an undercover agent or anything like that. I simply think he is Walt's replacement, Im rather disappointed that Walt doesnt see this. Bring in another chemist, have him learn Walt's formula and how he does everything, then no need for Walt.

Right now Walt is just barely worth the trouble Gus is having keeping him around, once someone else knows how to cook like him there is zero use for him and would save Gus/his syndicate a lot of trouble & money.
That's what I think too.. but I think Walt will catch on.. somehow. That's just the way he does things. Walt knows whats up.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:40 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I don't think the assistant is sinister. I also get the feeling that Gus wants Walt around. I mean, he was willing to throw him to the curb earlier, but his attempts to make sure he was still alive and his ultimate offering of Hank to the twins instead makes me think he likes Walt as a business partner

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:43 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
Yeah I don't think the assistant is sinister. I also get the feeling that Gus wants Walt around. I mean, he was willing to throw him to the curb earlier, but his attempts to make sure he was still alive and his ultimate offering of Hank to the twins instead makes me think he likes Walt as a business partner
I actually think he hates Walt as a business partner. At first Walt was associated with a junky, seemingly one of Gus' top no-no's. Then he had to deal with the whole Skyler & is she going to be a problem thing. Now he has to deal with repercussions of Walt's actions with the Mexi Wonder Twins. In my mind Gus cant wait for this batch of meth to be cooked and to possibly replace Walt with this new, less troublesome (seemingly) guy.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The writers are keeping Gus' motivations in the dark for a reason. How this is ultimately settled will largely be his decision (as shown by tonight's episode), so they need to keep it under wraps. By the way, anyone notice that his store fronts refer to him being one of at least two brothers? I wouldn't be shocked if we find he has a partner in his business.

At any rate, I love this show. The 2nd season was one of the best I've ever seen and this 3rd season has been really good.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:39 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you look at Cranston as Walt closely in those black humor moments like when he's dirty & crawling out from underneath the house & when he's confronting Ted in his office & throws the fake plant against his window, you can see glimmers of him as Hal in Malcolm in the Middle. MitM was OK but not spectacular, Cranston was totally wasted in it; he's Dagwood Bumstead -- Jane Kaczmarek (the mom) did most of the acting.

The show is garnering accolades from everywhere, everybody is calling it the best thing on TV, hands down. one reviewer compared it to the closest we have to Coen Bros. noir films like Fargo & Blood Simple -- I think that's high praise & valid. Stephen Colbert even did a sheep joke about it yesterday, called it Breaking Baaaaad..... uggh:

Last edited by LizardState : 04-28-2010 at 04:42 PM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 02:54 AM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Such a sick episode. I thought Hank was going to have a Heart Attack in the hospital. Hes such a fat ****...
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 11:54 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd say Gus is looking to nab the recipe and let his guy cook from there. It frees him up to let the twins take out Walt and get off his ass without hurting his business. Sending them after Hank is just the icing on the cake. It gives him time to get Walt's recipe and could take out the biggest threat to his gig, too. Hank is dangerously close and clearly not backing down. Gus could see the cartel's power reduced in the process if the DEA starts looking there instead of locally.

My guess, however, is that the Walt wises up to it. Plus the writing for this show has been stellar so far. My prediction is the whole thing blows up in Gus' face in a big way. The cartel sees his move for what it is - a set up that will only hurt the Cartel in the long run. I do find it odd that the Cartel would say Hank is off limits after sending a giant, exploding turtle to the El Paso DEA guys, though.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, a USAToday article just kind of spoiled what was going to be happening at the end of this next episode, and even though I'm peeved that I saw it, its going to be fricken' epic.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:04 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

greatest backstory ever.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 05-02-2010, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was ******* badass.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:06 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

well la dee da, hank

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 05-02-2010, 09:11 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

best monologue ever.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 05-02-2010, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

omg
omg
omg

You're my free pass....*****
Old 05-02-2010, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Kill me.

They just ******* showed the preview of the next ******* episode before the episode was over showing what would happen.

******* ******** **** ************* cum ***** **** twat ************
Old 05-02-2010, 10:01 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Damnit, I wanted Hank to die.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 05-02-2010, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was ******* incredible. My god.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

That was such a good ******* episode. Holy ****.

And next weeks episode looks awesome as well
Old 05-02-2010, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Some thoughts:

The opening scene with Tio was crazy good. It perfectly set up the twins and explained every ounce of their being.

Both of Jesse's major hospital scenes were some of his best stuff of the series. I'm assuming that he'll again get a nomination for best supporting actor this year, maybe stuff like this could put him over the top. I mean, the speech he gave with regards to Hank was chilling, and the same with his one towards Walt at the end.

While incredibly short, the scene with Hank and Marie in the elevator was incredible.

The final scene might have been my favorite scene of the entire series so far. It couldn't have been better. Crushing the one twin with his car and killing the other with the "exploding" bullet was epic. I just wonder who it was who called Hank before it all went down. Gus is the only person I can think of so far.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
Some thoughts:

The opening scene with Tio was crazy good. It perfectly set up the twins and explained every ounce of their being.

Both of Jesse's major hospital scenes were some of his best stuff of the series. I'm assuming that he'll again get a nomination for best supporting actor this year, maybe stuff like this could put him over the top. I mean, the speech he gave with regards to Hank was chilling, and the same with his one towards Walt at the end.

While incredibly short, the scene with Hank and Marie in the elevator was incredible.

The final scene might have been my favorite scene of the entire series so far. It couldn't have been better. Crushing the one twin with his car and killing the other with the "exploding" bullet was epic. I just wonder who it was who called Hank before it all went down. Gus is the only person I can think of so far.
I love Aaron Paul and as excellent as he has been this season (and in this episode in particular), I don't think there's any chance he beats out Terry O'Quinn.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I love Aaron Paul and as excellent as he has been this season (and in this episode in particular), I don't think there's any chance he beats out Terry O'Quinn.
Yeah, I'm just throwing it out there. I don't watch enough of the other shows to make a judgment on the actors he'll be up against.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:23 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i started watching this show up till tonights episode this week and i really like it, 2nd show i watched because of swdc first was sons of anarchy also great win, thanks posters! :D
Old 05-02-2010, 11:25 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Yeah, both of Jesse's hospital scenes were great. He was probably the best part of the episode.

god the entire thing was just awesome.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 05-02-2010, 11:42 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
I just wonder who it was who called Hank before it all went down. Gus is the only person I can think of so far.
I'm thinking Saul.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote