Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-29-2012, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Walt-Brock is delightfully awkward.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Landry Clark is here to save the day.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Prediction:

Old 07-29-2012, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jesse knows that Walt needs to die, it's in his eyes.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-29-2012, 10:03 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That last scene was ******* awesome. **** is about to get real.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Yep. It's gonna be great to see the duel play out between them before all is said and done.

Walt's hubris is at threat level midnight.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:06 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hope Jesse turns on him. Walt doesn't have any redeeming scenes at all anymore. Just straight manipulation from beginning to end.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:07 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jesse is beginning to figure out the depth of Walt's dark side and I'm straight giddy to see it all unravel before show's end.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I hope Jesse turns on him. Walt doesn't have any redeeming scenes at all anymore. Just straight manipulation from beginning to end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes2053 View Post
Jesse is beginning to figure out the depth of Walt's dark side and I'm straight giddy to see it all unravel before show's end.
The major thing to remember is that Jesse is quickly reaching this conclusion about Walt and he doesn't even know about Walt's involvement Jane's death or Brock's poisoning.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:11 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
The major thing to remember is that Jesse is quickly reaching this conclusion about Walt and he doesn't even know about Walt's involvement Jane's death or Brock's poisoning.
Are you saying that
?

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
Old 07-29-2012, 10:14 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
You think there's still a chance Jane will come up? I think they wrapped up that storyline in the fly episode.

And this might be a stupid question but what is Walt's motivation for telling Jesse to tell Andrea everything? How did he know for sure he would break it off?
Old 07-29-2012, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes2053 View Post
Are you saying that
?
I'm leaning that way, but we can obviously expect another half dozen twists.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:15 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At this point, for all the twists that will ensue, I still can't really foresee a scenario where Walt doesn't end up dead or in jail by series end.

edit - I forgot about the opening scene of this season. Still, it's hard to see a way out for Walt.

Last edited by TACKLE : 07-30-2012 at 12:19 AM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:16 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
You think there's still a chance Jane will come up? I think they wrapped up that storyline in the fly episode.

And this might be a stupid question but what is Walt's motivation for telling Jesse to tell Andrea everything? How did he know for sure he would break it off?
And speaking of the fly episode, someone on reddit brought up that it's weird that Walt is willing to cook in an environment filled with pests when he was making such a big deal over a single fly. I'm usually more open to overlooking things like that than most but it's an interesting thought.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:

No, I've never believed Jesse would find out about Jane. And prior to the season I thought there was no chance he'd find out Walt poisoned Brock. But they've kept that possibility in the foreground, so I'd say odds are decent Jesse eventually figures it out. Perhaps Saul will tell him. It's obvious he would side with Jesse if he split from Walt.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Because Walt is a selfish bastard, and he wants to crumble what Jesse has by bringing him down to his level.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-29-2012, 10:22 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Because Walt is a selfish bastard, and he wants to crumble what Jesse has by bringing him down to his level.
I realize that it was in Walt's best interest for them to break up, but how was he so positive they would? What if Jesse would have taken Walt's "advice" and told her everything?
Old 07-29-2012, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
And speaking of the fly episode, someone on reddit brought up that it's weird that Walt is willing to cook in an environment filled with pests when he was making such a big deal over a single fly. I'm usually more open to overlooking things like that than most but it's an interesting thought.
It'll probably come up. When they came out of one of the commercial breaks, the camera opened on a close-up of a bug crawling on a table or wall in the house. No shot is accidental. It's probably foreshadowing complications with this fumigated house arrangement. It's too complicated to work consistently and the fact that it was Walt's idea means he'll be arrogantly confident that it's a flawless plan.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:27 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It'll probably come up. When they came out of one of the commercial breaks, the camera opened on a close-up of a bug crawling on a table or wall in the house. No shot is accidental. It's probably foreshadowing complications with this fumigated house arrangement. It's too complicated to work consistently and the fact that it was Walt's idea means he'll be arrogantly confident that it's a flawless plan.
I thought about that as well in that the tented area will not be fumigated and could potentially leave some bugs. Especially since the homeowner asked if they would "get all of them."

Also, I don't know why I only made this realization now, but Hank's rehab was paid for with meth money. Just something that I simply glanced over.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
Old 07-29-2012, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
I realize that it was in Walt's best interest for them to break up, but how was he so positive they would? What if Jesse would have taken Walt's "advice" and told her everything?
Walt knows Jesse better than that, and he was manipulating him.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-29-2012, 10:38 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Walt knows Jesse better than that, and he was manipulating him.
Obviously Jesse has grown and progressed throughout the show but deep down Walt knows that he's still just a scared kid who's just trying not to be a **** up.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

How have we not mentioned the triumphant return of Skinny Peter and Brandon aka "Badger?"

Best scene ever
Old 07-29-2012, 10:42 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

I was just about to bring that up. Who would have guessed Skinny Pete is a modern day Mozart?
Old 07-29-2012, 10:42 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Speaking of scenes that need to be mentioned, the cook scene was quite very awesome.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Speaking of scenes that need to be mentioned, the cook scene was quite very awesome.
Another brilliant music montage. Gilligan and his cinematographers are god damn masterminds of them.