Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-20-2012, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

@aaronpaul_8: Two more episodes to go this season of #Breakingbad and I am terrified for you all to see how it goes down. Get ready for the madness.
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:19 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
This gif is ******* amazing. #storyofmylife

Last edited by kalbears13 : 08-20-2012 at 09:24 PM.
kalbears13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:52 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jesse drinking the water like that was hilarious.. he should win an Emmy for the dinner scene.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:16 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This season is really dumb if you try to attach it to the first three seasons. Aside from Jesse and Mike (and the brother-in-law whose name I always forget), none of the characters' progressions or histories are very logical. The show probably jumped the shark with the magnet thing for me, but the train robbery was pretty bad, too.

I'm still watching it because it's entertaining in its own right (if you aren't attaching it to the first 3), but it seems like it would have been best to have ended with Season 4. Yep, I'm that guy.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
This season is really dumb if you try to attach it to the first three seasons. Aside from Jesse and Mike (and the brother-in-law whose name I always forget), none of the characters' progressions or histories are very logical. The show probably jumped the shark with the magnet thing for me, but the train robbery was pretty bad, too.

I'm still watching it because it's entertaining in its own right (if you aren't attaching it to the first 3), but it seems like it would have been best to have ended with Season 4. Yep, I'm that guy.
Looks like a storm's a brewin'.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:38 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How can you comment on the show if you don't even remember Hank's name?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just ignore and move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Just ignore and move on.
Amen to that (in a non-religious sense).
Old 08-22-2012, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Location: "Everybody sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head."
Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can certainly see why someone would think the show "jumped the shark". I mean magnets? Robbing trains? C'mon. But I feel like that's kind of the point. Like the idea behind all of this ridiculous stuff that keeps happening is to show you just how far gone Walt is. He's no longer the cautious and calculated criminal, he's now a brazen, frenetic monster.
Bixby (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I made the mistake of reading Facebook comments after Breaking Bad posted something about last episode. So many people hating because there is not enough action, too much Skylar, or they think the show is stupid. I ******* hate people. This season has been incredible, better than I even expected.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The robbing the train thing was a callback on the Jesse James comment that Mike made, I don't see the problem with it exactly. They stole a giant barrel of the stuff at some point, and nobody bitched about it jumping the shark then.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixby View Post
I can certainly see why someone would think the show "jumped the shark". I mean magnets? Robbing trains? C'mon. But I feel like that's kind of the point. Like the idea behind all of this ridiculous stuff that keeps happening is to show you just how far gone Walt is. He's no longer the cautious and calculated criminal, he's now a brazen, frenetic monster.
I don't see why people think the magnet plot was "jumping the shark." The whole thing is based on SCIENCE, which is quite obviously Walt's specialty. Jesse had the idea, but that was mostly stemming from the common "magnets ruin computers" knowledge.

Same goes for the train robbery. It wasn't like they hopped aboard a moving train and shot up the engineers like bandits. They did it using science (replacing the methylamine with the right amount of water) and a little misdirection (Saul's amateur actor).

This show has ALWAYS demonstrated Walt's ability to outsmart people thanks to his scientific knowledge. It's a refreshing new "super power" of sorts for a TV character. The stuff he does would legitimately work. There's no need for a suspension of disbelief.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Location: "Everybody sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head."
Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Jumped the shark" is the wrong phrase, I just can't think of a better one right now. It's just gotten a touch more unbelievable, which I have no problem with because like you said, there is clear logic behind each thing but I can certainly see why someone could say that. Not saying I agree.
Bixby (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:58 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty sure I suggested magnets before Jesse did, so there's that.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I just think Walt has gotten more brazen and cocky about the work he does and what he thinks he is capable of.

It makes sense that he's escalated the risk they're willing to take.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:03 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did anyone see the thing on r/breakingbad about what would have happened had Jesse mentioned Walt's watch? I'd post it, but my phone's lame!

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
Did anyone see the thing on r/breakingbad about what would have happened had Jesse mentioned Walt's watch? I'd post it, but my phone's lame!
Old 08-22-2012, 01:45 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I don't agree with all of this, but I will comment on the train robbery episode...

I think that episode is one of the most overrated things ever in the history of everything. The people who worked on the show said that episode was the biggest in terms of scope/action/money. On twitter, someone related to the show tweeted "You better sit down for this ending." Everyone who likes the show was saying how they couldn't wait for the episode. After the episode, everyone was saying "OMGZ Breaking Badzzzzzz. That episode was awesome." They made it seem like it was one of the best things to ever happen in the history of television.

The truth is, one thing happened in that entire episode. They needed more methylamine. They found out they could rob a train. They robbed the train. Literally nothing else happened. Breaking Bad is a good show but it seems like its most loyal fans (many on this forum included) are acting like sheep. The show creators said that episode was one of the best things they've ever made and all the fans just agree. But really, that episode was just average compared to the rest of the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I don't agree with all of this, but I will comment on the train robbery episode...

I think that episode is one of the most overrated things ever in the history of everything. The people who worked on the show said that episode was the biggest in terms of scope/action/money. On twitter, someone related to the show tweeted "You better sit down for this ending." Everyone who likes the show was saying how they couldn't wait for the episode. After the episode, everyone was saying "OMGZ Breaking Badzzzzzz. That episode was awesome." They made it seem like it was one of the best things to ever happen in the history of television.

The truth is, one thing happened in that entire episode. They needed more methylamine. They found out they could rob a train. They robbed the train. Literally nothing else happened. Breaking Bad is a good show but it seems like its most loyal fans (many on this forum included) are acting like sheep. The show creators said that episode was one of the best things they've ever made and all the fans just agree. But really, that episode was just average compared to the rest of the series.
That episode was very hyped but the general response (again, ******* Facebook informed me of this) was that not enough happened and people wanted more action. The general response here was that is was a ******* great episode because it was. Breaking Bad does suspense better than every other show and television and that episode did an incredible job of it. I was thoroughly entertained throughout and it ended with a ******* kid dying. A ******* child was shot and killed. That is not to be taken lightly. Its sounding to me like you are being the contrarian sheep here.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I loved the episode, but I said immediately that it wasn't anywhere near my 5 favorite episodes of the show. It's borderline Top 10.

I really don't know that you've got the correct reading of people's collective reactions to the episode if you think the majority thinks it's an A++ episode.

My impression of all the pre-airing hype was that it would have one big set-piece scene. And that's what it was. I don't think the people involved with the show ever tried to convince us it'd be the "greatest episode ever," only that it was very cinematic and grand. Did people expect some sort of hour-long battle or a dozen deaths and multiple explosions? Nope, I don't think anyone did.

Last edited by Xiomera : 08-22-2012 at 02:01 PM.
Xiomera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Ghost of Juice
Rookie

Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another thing about the magnets, I know it was a crazy idea but honestly what else could they have possibly done? They were desperate and the only things I could think of would be breaking into evidence room or just blowing up the building. Also lets not forget that this is a ******* TV show, it is not real and it is suppose to be entertaining, who really cares if a few things are a little crazy just sit back and enjoy.
Ghost of Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:29 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I gotta say I agree about the train episode. I was impressed with the scale and ambition involved, but my favorite episode is the fly. I much prefer great performances than a huge scale.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm with everyone in believing that the train episode was just above average. When it comes to Breaking Bad I'm more into the dialogue/story driven episodes than the shoot em up action ones. Still a good episode though.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:37 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
That episode was very hyped but the general response (again, ******* Facebook informed me of this) was that not enough happened and people wanted more action. The general response here was that is was a ******* great episode because it was. Breaking Bad does suspense better than every other show and television and that episode did an incredible job of it. I was thoroughly entertained throughout and it ended with a ******* kid dying. A ******* child was shot and killed. That is not to be taken lightly. Its sounding to me like you are being the contrarian sheep here.
I'm not trying to be contrarian. I think it was an average Breaking Bad episode. Saying an episode of Breaking Bad is average would be a top five episode for most other shows because Breaking Bad is better than the vast majority of stuff out there.

The people involved with the show absolutely did try to convince us that it would be a great episode. Aaron Paul tweeted "On tonight's episode, **** gets real." The creators said it was the biggest in terms of scope and cost and then said we better sit down. They wanted viewers to think that this episode would be something beyon what we had ever seen on the show.

I'm pretty sure I'm getting the correct reading of people's reaction to the episode. On this thread it was "Holy Crap" Holy ****" "Holy Poop" "How the **** do I sleep after that ending?" "Awesome episode. Awesome ending" "Holy **** that episode was insane." And the reaction was identical on twitter.

About the kid getting killed. Meh, a kid got killed earlier in the series. Walt freaking poisoned a kid. Somebody dies every episode so there is nothing insane or unexpected about that kid dying. It wasn't a bad episode but there were many prior episodes that far exceeded this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote