Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-22-2012, 02:40 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree about the kid dying. That didn't feel like as big a deal as they wanted it to. They have just desensitized the viewers at this point. Unless walt chops jesses head off and rapes his neck hole while singing **** the police I dont think there is much more they can do to shock in terms of violence.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The kid dying is what made Jesse want to quit, it was a pretty big deal. And when Walt poisoned Brock he didn't mean for him to die and he wouldn't have actually killed him purposefully. Todd just straight up shot the kid in cold blood.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Complains about Breaking Bad episode that didn't move forward that much, not alot happens.

Enjoys The Talking Dead and spending a whole season on a lost girl and sitting around on a farm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
The kid dying is what made Jesse want to quit, it was a pretty big deal. And when Walt poisoned Brock he didn't mean for him to die and he wouldn't have actually killed him purposefully. Todd just straight up shot the kid in cold blood.
I thought there was tremendous weight to that final scene. Indirectly Walt and Jesse have been responsible for the death of a child before but now a child was straight up murdered because of them. An innocent ******* child. If people are desensitized to that well that is them, not Breaking Bad.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Complains about Breaking Bad episode that didn't move forward that much.

Enjoys The Talking Dead and spending a whole season on a lost girl.

I think any sane person would agree that The Walking Dead is a pile of ****.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was just poking fun at the gesture that the train episode wasn't very good because only one thing happened in it, when we have entire episodes of TWD which literally advance nothing forward. Although both should be looked at on two very different levels, t was still just funny to me.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 08-22-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The poisoning and death of the kid by Gus' people both took place off screen, for reference. That was the first time a kid was killed on screen.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Outside of Gale, that was the first time we saw a truly innocent person killed on this show that was directly caused because by Walt and Jesse. Even some could argue Gale wasn't completely innocent.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-22-2012, 03:25 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Complains about Breaking Bad episode that didn't move forward that much, not alot happens.

Enjoys The Talking Dead and spending a whole season on a lost girl and sitting around on a farm.

I was agreeing with you all on the whole Sophia thing in TWD

But really, they are very similar. During that time of TWD, one thing happened in each episode and the plot inched forward. That is what happened in the train episode. Yes the writting and acting were far superior in Breaking Bad, but very little happened in either show. The big difference is that Breaking Bad only has 10 or so episodes left. If they want to wrap this thing up, they cannot continue that pace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I was really just giving you a hard time haha.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-22-2012, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To the person who brought this up in the first place: Why do you care what the producers/actors said about the episode prior to its airing? I don't feel the slightest bit deceived by their build-up of the episode. It was everything they said it was (grand in scope, expensive, and "**** got real"). I really do think you're mistaking enthusiasm for the entire series for enthusiasm for that specific moment. Most people are overjoyed at the mere sight of Walt, Jr. eating breakfast, so naturally, we'll start speaking in hyperbole about a goddamn train robbery.
Old 08-22-2012, 04:30 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't see how that episode was grand in scope at all. Maybe it was expensive but to me, if it is going to be grand in scope, there needs to be some groundbreaking thing happen that thrusts the story forward or brings together a bunch of storylines. This didn't do either of those things. They needed methylamine, they found a way to get it, and they got it. They did that storyline very well, but there wasn't much else going on. They promise a grand scope and they did not deliver.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 08-22-2012, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I just don't see how that episode was grand in scope at all. Maybe it was expensive but to me, if it is going to be grand in scope, there needs to be some groundbreaking thing happen that thrusts the story forward or brings together a bunch of storylines. This didn't do either of those things. They needed methylamine, they found a way to get it, and they got it. They did that storyline very well, but there wasn't much else going on. They promise a grand scope and they did not deliver.
That's not what they meant by "grand." Look at the definition and tell me how it doesn't fit? http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/grand

The scene took place well outside the normal geographic boundaries of the show. The scene had very high stakes, both legal and with regard to safety. The heist took incredible planning down to the smallest of details. And it was arguably the most overt call-back to the show's Western-genre roots that we've seen.

Last edited by Xiomera : 08-22-2012 at 04:45 PM.
Xiomera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:47 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

But I'm talking about the definition of scope which is

1. extent or range of view
2. aim or purpose

So basically, they promised a purpose that was impressive in size and that is not what happened. The purpose of that episode was EXTREMELY narrow. The entire episode was how do we get more methylamine? One story line (purpose). That doesn't sound impressive in size.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 08-22-2012, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh, I think some in this thread have placed a blanket of infallibility on Breaking Bad (and they will now likely rush to point out something they don't like to 'prove' that is not the case).

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
But I'm talking about the definition of scope which is

1. extent or range of view
2. aim or purpose

So basically, they promised a purpose that was impressive in size and that is not what happened. The purpose of that episode was EXTREMELY narrow. The entire episode was how do we get more methylamine? One story line (purpose). That doesn't sound impressive in size.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but does the stolen methylamine not have serious significance on the future plot at this point? This past episode was all about the damn methylamine and what to do with it. Possession of it along with Todd's impulsive kill shot of the kid are pretty goddamn important. The result of the robbery was two-fold — they got their precursor, but they also got more baggage, both of which have already ripped a hole in their business and future.

I can't believe I'm arguing the definition of words here. If no one from the Breaking Bad crew had uttered a single word to tease the episode prior to its airing, then I really don't think anyone's reaction to what they saw would have been altered even one iota.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally the episode its self wasn't that big of a deal but I imagine this episode is the catalyst for a ton of **** that will happen in the future. When the season/series ends we'll come back to this episode and say wow that is where all this **** started.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:19 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
I gotta say I agree about the train episode. I was impressed with the scale and ambition involved, but my favorite episode is the fly. I much prefer great performances than a huge scale.
Agree with the train.

The Fly is about the worst episode of BB ever made.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:50 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The fact that you guys think there's a bad episode is very discouraging.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:09 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
The fact that you guys think there's a bad episode is very discouraging.
I never said it was bad. I said it was an average Breaking Bad episode.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 08-23-2012, 09:15 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I think you guys are underrating some of the earlier scenes of the train robbery episode.

Everything with Lydia being held captive in that industrial basement was, as Jesse would say, choice.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:16 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was more referring to JJB's post. Am I alone in the fact that I loathe everything about Lydia? She's the worst BB character so far.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
I was more referring to JJB's post. Am I alone in the fact that I loathe everything about Lydia? She's the worst BB character so far.
When people say they loathe a character, sometimes I don't know what they mean by it. Is she "the worst" in the sense that she's simply an unlikable nuisance? Or is she "the worst" in the sense that her character is poorly conceived?

Lydia is SUPPOSED TO BE annoying and shrill and a *****. You're reacting to her the way the writers intend for you to react to her, basically.

I find her character to be a great addition to the cast, frankly. Her scene with Mike in the diner was hilarious. Her scene from 2 weeks ago when she was chained to the table was excellent. She serves a purpose, and I like that they wrote a very strange woman to play this important role in the season. It's refreshing to have a very different sort of character interacting with Walt/Jesse/Mike.

That doesn't mean you're not entitled to hate her, but much like Skyler, this show wouldn't work without characters that presented problems for the protagonists/antagonists.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Skylar is still the worst character just from S1 & 2 alone. (I wouldn't say the same for this season or last).

Quote:
Quote: