Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-26-2012, 11:15 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I hope Jesse and Skyler conspire to take down Walt. It'd be too much fun.
I don't know, I feel like Skylar just blindly hates Jesse. I've always had this really out there theory that I sometimes watch the series with it in mind to make it that much more interesting. What if Jesse is an undercover cop? That would be so ******* crazy, but I just love imagining it.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Skyler probably does blindly hate Jesse, but they might realize they have a mutual need to take Walt down. Those glances were probably not incidental.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:25 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy. *******. ****.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My dark horse theory is that Mike isn't as hurt as Walt thinks and comes back in the finale and wastes Walt.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What possible legal reason was there for being allowed into that bank room and then being able to detain the lawyer? This is really bothering me, considering the guy did not represent Mike I can't think of a single legally justifiable reasonable suspicion.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:50 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Let's speculate. Who is it?

Someone got shanked in prison! I'll just guess it's the Laundromat manager fella..
Old 08-26-2012, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 08-26-2012, 11:56 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Isolate Gomez and I'll use it in the draft. Just Gomez, nothing else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:18 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ugh Mike's grand daughter better get her damn money

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:34 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't believe they killed mike this episode. It's gonna have to get really nuts next week.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:59 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
What possible legal reason was there for being allowed into that bank room and then being able to detain the lawyer? This is really bothering me, considering the guy did not represent Mike I can't think of a single legally justifiable reasonable suspicion.
This was bothering me too. There is absolutely no way they could search that Lawyer without a warrant and I can't think of any reason why they would have one.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:13 AM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They should make a separate series about Mike and his past
Old 08-27-2012, 01:18 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dlkafjsdflkajsdflkjasdflasjdflkas djflaksdjf

That's all i gotta say. This episode was insane.

footnote:

we don't know how much time elapsed from the last drop off at the security boxes till the next one. families were withdrawing money regularly, i doubt they were really planning on letting 10+ years pass before they withdrew that from a credit union.

all i can hope is that she got the money. walt didn't have the intention of killing mike until mike really hit a chord, accusing walt of doing all of this out of pure pride and ego. it all goes full circle. the same way jesse finally stood up to walt, walt finally stood up to mike.

Last edited by MetSox17 : 08-27-2012 at 01:21 AM.
MetSox17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:28 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mikes speech about how it was all Walts fault didn't feel right either. Yes Walt killed Fring and all, but no not everything would have been alright for all of them. Does mike not remember that Walt and Jesse definitely wouldn't have been alright if they just stuck with Fring?

Old 08-27-2012, 01:36 AM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Incredible episode. From the opening scene to the final scene, just outstanding.

I really want to figure out what Todd's motives are. It just seems really weird that he really doesn't care about money. Maybe he just really wants to be a criminal? I have no idea.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:39 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Mikes speech about how it was all Walts fault didn't feel right either. Yes Walt killed Fring and all, but no not everything would have been alright for all of them. Does mike not remember that Walt and Jesse definitely wouldn't have been alright if they just stuck with Fring?
I thought about this too but if Walt had never ensured Jesse was a part of the investigation then the whole kids selling meth thing is never an issue, people don't die, and Gus doesn't try to kill them.

I thought the episode was ******* awesome but the DEA busting in on the lawyer depositing money bothered me too. Small complaint though and otherwise I was on the edge of my seat the whole episode.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:59 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

walt was getting subponeas left and right, part of the reason they showed the conference call with hank's boss, was to show that he had the pull to do whatever he wanted with the lawyer. it's no big deal, as soon as they showed the secretary being uncomfortable, you knew they were gonna go in on him. remember, hank is the chief of a branch of a government agency. he has MASSIVE pull, with whatever judge he wanted. him getting a subponea on circumstantial evidence is not farfetched in the least.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:58 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
walt was getting subponeas left and right, part of the reason they showed the conference call with hank's boss, was to show that he had the pull to do whatever he wanted with the lawyer. it's no big deal, as soon as they showed the secretary being uncomfortable, you knew they were gonna go in on him. remember, hank is the chief of a branch of a government agency. he has MASSIVE pull, with whatever judge he wanted. him getting a subponea on circumstantial evidence is not farfetched in the least.
He has massive pull? When was that established? Hank may have a good rank, but that doesn't mean he can do whatever he wants. Hank has already been shown to be a lot less effective behind the desk than in the field(mentioned in that conference call), and its the behind the desk skills that would be needed to obtain massive pull with a judge.

Even with massive pull, again, he can't simply do whatever he wants. That lawyer does not represent Mike, what case could he make for the need of a search warrant?

But even if he got the search warrant somehow, what would the charge be? He was caught with money, which is suspicious, but not illegal. They could go for a money laundering charge, but having a lot of cash does not automatically equate money laundering, and the lawyer would know this. They would need to build a case over a decent amount of time to follow the money and gather the evidence before they press those kind of charges, which again, the lawyer would know.

The lawyer being willing to flip so quickly just seems like a cop-out in storytelling, IMO. I know this will never bother some, but considering how momentous that event is and the fact it led to the killing of a major character(and my personal favorite), it is pretty bothersome for me.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Last edited by Cigaro : 08-27-2012 at 03:00 AM.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:07 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When was Walt ever served with a subpoena?

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:19 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

I think he meant Hank. He would be correct in that, but its completely different to get a warrant on I guy you directly suspect was involved with a drug ring than to get a warrant for a lawyer who is not even representing said suspect. Gomie already said there was no identifiable difference in Mike's peoples' financial standing, so you can't go that route to get a search warrant.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 08-27-2012, 03:37 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
He has massive pull? When was that established? Hank may have a good rank, but that doesn't mean he can do whatever he wants. Hank has already been shown to be a lot less effective behind the desk than in the field(mentioned in that conference call), and its the behind the desk skills that would be needed to obtain massive pull with a judge.

That's not the point, though. At the end of the day, he's still the chief in charge of a branch of a monster government agency. County judges are so far beneath them in the totem pole that he has huge political pull on his side.

Even with massive pull, again, he can't simply do whatever he wants. That lawyer does not represent Mike, what case could he make for the need of a search warrant?

That lawyer represented every other criminal they were looking at in the money trail, except for mike (who they figured all along was paying them off) that's enough circumstantial evidence to look into him enough to question the secretary at the bank and wiggle their way to a warrant to walk in on him and the money

But even if he got the search warrant somehow, what would the charge be? He was caught with money, which is suspicious, but not illegal. They could go for a money laundering charge, but having a lot of cash does not automatically equate money laundering, and the lawyer would know this. They would need to build a case over a decent amount of time to follow the money and gather the evidence before they press those kind of charges, which again, the lawyer would know.

Being in possession of that amount of cash is HIGHLY illegall, so you're wrong on that aspect. The lawyer has no business aside from being told what to do. Mike wasn't stupid enough to tell him the ins and outs of the business. He was just told to drop off cash at these boxes on certain days, that's all. He had to flip because they found out he was funneling illegal, untaxed dollars to the families of the people they had in custody in connection to the Fring cartel.

The lawyer being willing to flip so quickly just seems like a cop-out in storytelling, IMO. I know this will never bother some, but considering how momentous that event is and the fact it led to the killing of a major character(and my personal favorite), it is pretty bothersome for me.

The lawyer was willing to flip so easily because he had no idea the magnitude of the case he was involved in. Think about it. Every client he visited with Mike, he put his ipod on and listened to music as Mike took care of business. To protect himself and to protect Mike. He dropped money off at anonymous boxes, and that was all. Aside from that he knew nothing. Once the DEA came down on him, they showed him everything he was up against and he flipped.

responses in bold. and yes, in that previous post i meant hank.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:58 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
responses in bold. and yes, in that previous post i meant hank.
I will repeat; being the head of a DEA branch does not mean you can do whatever you want. Sure, it may mean you can get things easier, but not freely. Judges are in no way obliged to just listen to whatever the DEA says, the DEA still has to have probable cause to get a warrant, plain and simple. And what would it have been? The lawyer did not represent Mike, so you can't go that route. There was no evidence before the warrant that they were being paid off as Gomie clearly stated, so you can't go that route. Gomie also stated it was not unusual at all for one lawyer to represent multiple defendants tied together on a case, so you can't go that route. If they questioned the clerk, what is she going to tell them? That the lawyer every so often accesses certain boxes? That is all she knows, and this is not incriminating enough to justify a search warrant.

As for possessing large amounts of cash, that is not illegal. The cash can be seized and can be used as evidence for further searches/investigation, but a person can not be arrested simply for possessing a large amount of cash. The lawyer would know this. Also, how would he not know the magnitude? He represented these men in court where their involvement in the Fring cartel was detailed.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 08-27-2012, 04:20 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
I will repeat; being the head of a DEA branch does not mean you can do whatever you want. Sure, it may mean you can get things easier, but not freely. Judges are in no way obliged to just listen to whatever the DEA says, the DEA still has to have probable cause to get a warrant, plain and simple. And what would it have been? The lawyer did not represent Mike, so you can't go that route. There was no evidence before the warrant that they were being paid off as Gomie clearly stated, so you can't go that route. Gomie also stated it was not unusual at all for one lawyer to represent multiple defendants tied together on a case, so you can't go that route. If they questioned the clerk, what is she going to tell them? That the lawyer every so often accesses certain boxes? That is all she knows, and this is not incriminating enough to justify a search warrant.

I mentioned it, the probable cause is that they were all represented by the same attorney, while the only other guy that was working with Fring (Mike) was represented by someone else. That would give them reason enough to look into that attorney. To figure out what he was doing. Why he was making those deposits. What if the secretary mentioned to the DEA how he swung by every so and so weeks, always carried luggage and he opened a certain amount of security boxes? That's more than enough circumstantial evidence to get a judge (who you're friendly with) to grant you a search warrant, when they already had the idea that he was depositing money to the guys in jail. If they have eight guys in prison, and he's leaving something in eight security boxes, that doesn't sound in any way suspicious to you? Again, judges are basically friends with government officials. They are elected officials. If they have approval of government officials, they are much more likely to gain re-election. They work with them, man.

As for possessing large amounts of cash, that is not illegal. The cash can be seized and can be used as evidence for further searches/investigation, but a person can not be arrested simply for possessing a large amount of cash. The lawyer would know this. Also, how would he not know the magnitude? He represented these men in court where their involvement in the Fring cartel was detailed.

Lol, possessing large amounts of cash is illegal, in just about every state. Look it up. You can't just walk around with millions of dollars in cash. As far as the magnitude of the events, he knew nothing. Don't you remember how every worker that got arrested is basically taking whatever they're being charged with? No one is talking. At all. And even if they did talk, anything that the lawyer knows has no standing in the court of law. Constitutionally protected confidentiality agreements.

asdkjfhadf
Old 08-27-2012, 04:29 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
asdkjfhadf
Your "probable cause" is not probable cause at all. Not even close. Mike has not been caught with anything, anything at all. You don't get search warrants simply because one guy has one lawyer, another guy has another lawyer. That is absolutely ludicrous. There is nothing indicative of illegal activity simply because they have hired different lawyers, certainly not enough to justify signing off on a search warrant. As for leaving it in the eight boxes, Gomie already said that would be a road to nowhere. Even if they wanted to argue that the boxes were connected to the families, Gomie clearly indicated that the families had no financial irregularities. You can't say, "Well we think they are getting paid off, even though we have looked into their finances and found absolutely nothing wrong about them" and then get rewarded with a search warrant.

As for the cash, read this;

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/12/1296.asp

It clearly indicates that the cash can be seized as suspicious, but that does not mean the person can be charged with anything. The man was caught with $124K, the cash was taken under the grounds that it was likely associated with criminal activity, but he himself was not arrested or charged with anything, he simply lost the cash. The lawyer would have lost the cash, and the DEA could have used that caution as probable cause for further warrants and surveillance, but the cash itself, and not the cash flow, would not lead to an arrest.

Also, what exactly are you getting at when you start talking about confidentiality? Nothing I said addressed anything like that. I said he was in court, he represented them, he knew what they were involved in, and by proxy what Mike was involved in, its not like he would be completely flabbergasted when the DEA said he was dealing with drug money, which you basically asserted.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Last edited by Cigaro : 08-27-2012 at 04:38 AM.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:03 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Cops do shady ****. And of course a slimy lawyer is the perfect one to have flip, he's no jail ready criminal just a less than moral lawyer.