Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 03-15-2007, 10:04 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Scotts New Mock

1st Round Jarvis Moss

2nd Round Tanard Jackson

3rd Round Sampson Satele

Discuss

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 10:20 AM    (permalink
slurve

BLECH!

Two guys with character concerns, and another center, seems like he tried to go by his team needs (OL, LB, CB). Wonder if Scott took the Mahan signing into consideration? The good news is usually no one can peg the Steeler picks anyway.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyStat View Post
1st Round Jarvis Moss

2nd Round Tanard Jackson

3rd Round Sampson Satele

Discuss
Ehhh.. I'd rather not..

Jarvis Moss.. Pot head and I don't want to use a high pick at OLB. Obviously Scott hasn't heard we are moving Keisel to OLB.

Tanard Jackson I love, but I'm not sure if he's fast enough for the pro game and the last thing I'd want is to draft another round 2 CB thats too slow and would be better set at FS.

Samson Satele is interesting. Don't forget, pre-season he was ranked the #1 gaurd prospect in the country.. over Grubbs Blalock and such. He could be an interesting pick.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 10:41 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dont like it
dont like it
dont like it

and slurve is right, hopefully everyone else doesnt know what we are doing
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 01:01 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote=Mr. Stiller;220260]Ehhh.. I'd rather not..

" Obviously Scott hasn't heard we are moving Keisel to OLB."

Where did you hear this?

Mike Tirico

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting
Old 03-15-2007, 01:16 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote=DeathbyStat;220557]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
Ehhh.. I'd rather not..

" Obviously Scott hasn't heard we are moving Keisel to OLB."

Where did you hear this?
i think that is just a rumor, nothing factual. i could be wrong, although i have not read anything saying such.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 01:20 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

[quote=terribletowel39;220590]
Quote:

i think that is just a rumor, nothing factual. i could be wrong, although i have not read anything saying such.
I don't think its a great idea

Mike Tirico

Old 03-15-2007, 01:26 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote=DeathbyStat;220603]
Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post

I don't think its a great idea
ehh....i have no idea how i feel about. depends on how he does. i am hesistant to think that he is fast enough and how he would do in coverage. he is a big ol' white boy. that might be stereotyping but hey whatev.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 02:15 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

[quote=terribletowel39;220629]
Quote:

ehh....i have no idea how i feel about. depends on how he does. i am hesistant to think that he is fast enough and how he would do in coverage. he is a big ol' white boy. that might be stereotyping but hey whatev.
I'm not sure if he is fast enough either, As the days pass I'm not liking Jarvis Moss more and more but we need a dynamic pass rusher.

Mike Tirico

Old 03-15-2007, 02:31 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if our history is any indication, then we will prolly pick up a pass rusher in the later rounds

porter / haggans were 3rd and 4th i believe

gildon - round 3

i think with such a deep draft class we will prolly do this again...

i dont know though, we have a # of diff ways we can go
Old 03-15-2007, 04:39 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1st pick we take Bowe, 2nd we go after a DE/OLB 3rd DE/DT Alama Francis (sp) from Hawaii
Old 03-15-2007, 07:13 PM    (permalink
skarocksoi
Veteran

skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had Statele in an earlier mock before we got Mahan because he has played both center and guard at Hawaii and could play at either for us. I wouldn't take him in the 3rd however, especially with Tony Hunt still on the board. I'd rather take Spencer than Moss in the first, but I still think our best move would be a trade down if possible. I'm also not high on a CB in the second.

It seems to me like everybody outside of the Steelers board bases their mocks on needs that dont really need fixed. We have several decent CB's and really only need future depth at the position, which to me says at the earliest a 3rd round pick. But whatever.
skarocksoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 09:21 PM    (permalink
TerribleEd
Rookie

TerribleEd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Please go BPA

Most of the mocks I see have us going OLB/DE - either Moss or Spencer.

I just am not sold on either of these guys as a future superstar.

I just hope the Steelers go BPA in Round 1.

What do you guys think of Brian Robison as a pass rusher in Rd 3? Or perhaps Quentin Moses is a thought in Rd 2? It looks like he'll definitely be there.
TerribleEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerribleEd View Post
Most of the mocks I see have us going OLB/DE - either Moss or Spencer.

I just am not sold on either of these guys as a future superstar.

I just hope the Steelers go BPA in Round 1.

What do you guys think of Brian Robison as a pass rusher in Rd 3? Or perhaps Quentin Moses is a thought in Rd 2? It looks like he'll definitely be there.
Ed I'm in the same boat. If I had to pick between Moss and Spencer, it'd be Spencer.

But we're moving Keisel to the "Adalius Thomas" Role. Meaning We have a gap at DE.

We have 2 starters at OLB. Now we're drafting depth. Of course With DE being the only position without a starter, that becomes your immediate need.

Then you have to look at who might be leaving?

Offense:

OL - Smith, Faneca, Simmons and Kemo are on the last season of their contracts, can we sign all 4 back? Do we want to?

RB - We need another back, because if I read the Tomlin interview correctly, he wants a dual-back system, not a backup RB.

WR - It's difficult to run a 3-4 wide WR set with only 2 starting caliber WR's. Perhaps Wilson will play better, but I don't like guessing at 2M a year.

TE - Could use a cheaper blocking TE behind Miller, but It's not necesarily a big issue.

Defense:

DL: We need atleast 1 DE if we kept last years lineup. Well Smith is back, Bailey's not and Keisel is dropping to OLB. So, we need 2 DE's. Likely 1 starter and 1 Backup. I'm thinking Carriker, but I don't know if he'll be there unless a trade up. Then again, there's a slew of midround guys. Alford, Soliai, etc.

OLB: Well we have 3 guys thus far, we do need another backup. Is that worth a first rounder? Even if Haggans gets cut next year. I hear that a first rounder should have an immediate impact? How often does a rookie on defense start? I'm all for Pass Rush, but I think Keisel will really boost that up this season. I'm thinking rd 3 or day two. You have a slew of guys.

Brian Robinson, Tim Crowder, Victor Abiamiri.. Day 2 you have: Jacob Ford, Jason Jack, Baraka Atkins, Antwan Applewhite, Greg Patterson, CJ Ah You, Jason Trusnik, Victor DeGrate, Marquies Gunn, Darrell Burston, Mike McFadden and so on.

CB: If we draft one, it should be a first rounder/Shut down type, and I don't see us getting one not named Revis or Houston... if we take one later, we'll just add to the masses we already have.

S: We need a backup SS and I really like Sabby Piscatelli for it in rd 4/5.

P: Could use an extra 4th, or our 5th on Sep/Podlesh. I'm thinking, with the youth and depth issues we have, we'd be better off saving our 4th/5th for someone that'll see more PT, and maybe draft or Sign Graessle. He's played at Heinz Stadium the last 4 years, he can handle Kickoffs and he's got a huge boot. We were going after a former Pitt Punter.. Possibly because he has a lot of experience in Pitt's stadium?

I'm really thinking into it too much I believe, but.. I can't help but think our first pick will be offense. They'll either contribute immediately or next season... defense wouldn't unless Branch/Carriker Fell.

Old 03-16-2007, 06:15 PM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

I don't mind Moss, I don't know much about Jackson. However, I'd MUCH rather have Tony Hunt over Satele.
steelernation77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 09:03 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

Scott's mock update

1.Leon Hall

2.Tim Crowder

3.Samson Satele

Mike Tirico

Old 03-17-2007, 11:37 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

i like this one a lot better, i mean im not a HUGE fan of drafting a first round corner but it may not be a horrible thing...

i like crowder in the 2nd

not a fan of the statle pick still
Old 03-17-2007, 11:41 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

i dont see us passing up on buster davis in the 3rd...

especially since tomlin loves FSU players
Old 03-17-2007, 12:07 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

Hall is a decent value but I don't think any of the corners in this draft are on the elite level.

I don't think crowder can play 3-4 OLB.

I really want Hunt in the third, Scott has him going in the 2nd to green bay

Mike Tirico

Old 03-17-2007, 12:17 PM    (permalink
skarocksoi
Veteran

skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't want Hall as our first round pick. I think he is a product of a good pass rush and I personally feel he will be a bust. I'd rather take a guy with great measurables that could become an elite corner with some Tomlin attention. I don't think we should go corner in the first, but I think Revis or Houston would be better choices than Hall.
skarocksoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 01:32 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

I just don't think any of the corners at the top of the draft are elite.

Mike Tirico

Old 03-17-2007, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
I just don't think any of the corners at the top of the draft are elite.
I think Revis Will be, I think Houston will be solid not elite, and I think Hall will bust.

Old 03-17-2007, 03:05 PM    (permalink
TerribleEd
Rookie

TerribleEd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Brett Kiesel to LB

Thought I'd throw my two-cents into the Brett Kiesel to LB rumor.

Jim Wexell interviewed Brett Kiesel earlier this week and asked him about the potential position change.

Brett answered that the team has approached him about the move, and his answer was that he would love to play OLB. This is straight from the horses mouth.

If he got his weight down to the low 270's, I think he could stand up in the 3-4 as a rush-only linebacker, and also drop into a three-point stance as a 4-3 DE.

Anyone else think Alan Branch might slide down to #15 after another disappointing performance at Michigan's pro day? Tomlin was in attendance at their pro day. A selection like this would make the Brett Keisel position change make all the more sense.
TerribleEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 06:01 PM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerribleEd View Post
Thought I'd throw my two-cents into the Brett Kiesel to LB rumor.

Jim Wexell interviewed Brett Kiesel earlier this week and asked him about the potential position change.

Brett answered that the team has approached him about the move, and his answer was that he would love to play OLB. This is straight from the horses mouth.

If he got his weight down to the low 270's, I think he could stand up in the 3-4 as a rush-only linebacker, and also drop into a three-point stance as a 4-3 DE.

Anyone else think Alan Branch might slide down to #15 after another disappointing performance at Michigan's pro day? Tomlin was in attendance at their pro day. A selection like this would make the Brett Keisel position change make all the more sense.
An article on Scout.com talked about this and Keisel said he will get down to 280 and if he ends up playin just DE he'll put on some more weight. I don't think he'd be an every down 3-4 OLB but just as a situational kind of guy. It also said HAMPTON could play some DE, which sounds nuts, but maybe he can bull rush. I think that they're just looking to do a lot of different schemes and different things with the D.

Here's the forum post that talks about it:
http://discuss.pittsburghlive.com/vi...104853&start=0
steelernation77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It would be the greatest round 1 selection if somehow he did fall to 15. However i cant see it happening at all, hes to good a player and still very highly regarded among scouts. Pro days dont hurt lineman as much as they do wr and rbs.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote