Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:06 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFL players can live with those new rules. One problem with moving umpire from LB area to HB area is umpire and referee read the same area.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 11:54 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And if he doesn't catch it, the ball should be live.
Until it hits the ground he is catching the ball still.

I have no problems with the clarification of the rule it makes sense, the fair catch is so you can catch it without interference. I don't think that two or three grabbing should change that. A muff that hits the ground is fair game as always as is the player who muffed it.

I don't see the big deal on this one. I mean honestly, how often does a plater muff it and then catch it anyway? Will have more players catching away from their body if they are smart though as that greatly increases the chance of catching on a second chance compared to trying to bread basket the ball.

First one listed is my worry, what is a defenceless player? What is to stop a defensive player from sort of stumbling into a lead blockers way and acting defenceless? Does the rule not basically completely outlaw a blindside block as that player is defenceless to that act. I think it is an abysmal rule change like nearly every contact related rule change over the last couple of years has been.

Once again the rules committee continues to pussify the sport...

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the defenseless player thing bothers me too. What is defenseless and what is just not being aware? If a LB is tunnel visioned on a RB and WR crack backs on him, is he defenseless? (See Rivers and Ward in 08) I dont think so. I think youre head should be on a swivel at all times.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:23 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So if a player loses his helmet, but he has an open field in front of him and won't be caught, he gets screwed over and the play is dead....

They should make it 2 hand touch if he loses his helmet. That way you don't get screwed out of a sure TD. If there's a defender in position to tackle him the play is over.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
they should just play football. if i don't want to get hit, i can go out of bounds or go down. 2 hand touch? really?
2 hand touch hurts!

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:38 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
they should just play football. if i don't want to get hit, i can go out of bounds or go down. 2 hand touch? really?

I think the rule is dumb too, but I'd rather they resume play and blow it dead if the ball carrier is contacted than just blow it dead even if there's nobody around him.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:56 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what happen if a player lost his helmet in own endzone, safety?
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 12:05 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Consider, too, guys that a lot of these rule changes are coming because of the old guard NFL players having their brains turn to scrambled eggs by the time they hit 50. The NFL doesn't want to have to pay a ton of money to take care of these guys and get them treatment for the rest of their lives, so they figure a few rule changes now will go a long ways to protecting their pocketbooks in the future, from both a medical care and lawsuit perspective.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i don't know about you guys, but i think most of these rule changes make sense. the umpire thing is long overdue, the fair catch rule is just a clarification, and the helmet rule makes a LOT of sense healthwise (the human skull is not as dense as you think).

the only thing that concerns me is the "defenseless player" rule. how do you define defenseless? i can see a lot of people getting frustrated over this rule next season
Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote