Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 10-30-2007, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Oregon vs. Michigan Rose Bowl Rematch
Do we get a 4TD headstart this time?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whew!

That was crazy.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:15 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Close on, but we got it. Mike Played through the injury and had a pretty nice game. Manningham continues to make me look bad for saying Arrington was the better receiver. The D didn't play great, but they stepped it up when they needed too. And Shawn Crable is an animal. When he chased down Ringer from the opposite side of the field after being on his back, I couldn't believe it. Top DE/OLB hybrid? I certainly think so. I can't think of too many other guys that could chase down a RB the way he did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 06:21 PM    (permalink
LionSmack
Veteran

LionSmack hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yeah even though MSU scored that TD anyway, that play by Crable was very very impressive. Ringer is a really fast back too.
LionSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionSmack View Post
Yeah even though MSU scored that TD anyway, that play by Crable was very very impressive. Ringer is a really fast back too.
I would like to see where Crable was positioned on the field when Ringer started to run the other way. Incredible pursuit, and his sack at the end sure helped too.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:27 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a game by Chad Henne. He silenced a lot of his critics. He played through obvious pain and still threw 4 TD while leading that great comeback.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 06:27 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I would like to see where Crable was positioned on the field when Ringer started to run the other way. Incredible pursuit, and his sack at the end sure helped too.
Well, since Crable was the one who had ahold of Ringer in the backfield in the first place, I'd say he had to get up off his back, pick himself up, then come all the way across the field from behind the line of scrimmage to make the tackle. For some reason the gametracker on mgoblue doesn't credit him with that last sack, which I'm trying to figure out.

Quote:

Old 11-03-2007, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
Well, since Crable was the one who had ahold of Ringer in the backfield in the first place, I'd say he had to get up off his back, pick himself up, then come all the way across the field from behind the line of scrimmage to make the tackle. For some reason the gametracker on mgoblue doesn't credit him with that last sack, which I'm trying to figure out.
He and Obi should have shared it from what saw. Maybe they gave it solely to Ezeh, but Crable might as well have gotten it too.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:36 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought it was Crable and Graham in on that last sack???
Old 11-03-2007, 06:37 PM    (permalink
LionSmack
Veteran

LionSmack hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Crable was the one who missed the tackle on Ringer and he went to his hands and knees. So he had to get up and basically beat a sub-4.4 guy down the field, granted he had the angle but still.
LionSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
I thought it was Crable and Graham in on that last sack???
98.6% sure it was Ezeh.

Not sure it matters though.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:39 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

That's what I thought, but so far they've creditted Ezeh with the sack on his own. I'm sure once the official stats come out, Crable will get half of it. I too thought it was Graham and not Ezeh P-L, but then again I tend to focus in on Crable when the defense is on the field.

Quote:

Old 11-03-2007, 06:41 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionSmack View Post
Crable was the one who missed the tackle on Ringer and he went to his hands and knees. So he had to get up and basically beat a sub-4.4 guy down the field, granted he had the angle but still.
It looked like once Crable got his hands on Ringer in the backfield, everyone else just slowed down. Crable had ahold of him for long enough to get some help I thought, but whatever. We got the win, that's all that matters.

Quote:

Old 11-04-2007, 08:41 AM    (permalink
Go Blue
Rookie

Go Blue is a cocksman.Go Blue is a cocksman.Go Blue is a cocksman.Go Blue is a cocksman.

This quote from Hart made me laugh.

"Sometimes, you get your little brother excited when you're playing basketball -- let them get the lead," Hart said. "And then you come back."

sig by Pacific
Go Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 10:52 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Blue View Post
This quote from Hart made me laugh.

"Sometimes, you get your little brother excited when you're playing basketball -- let them get the lead," Hart said. "And then you come back."
I saw that too. I love Mike.

Quote:

Old 11-07-2007, 06:32 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Apparently MSU was not impressed with Mike quote.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...309/1132/rss18

I find it kind of funny Dantonio had to resort to making fun of Mike's height. I also find it funny that Hoyer says "now it's personal." So it wasn't before? Like you didn't care? Maybe that's why you lost big guy. And Mike's not going to be there anyway next year. I'm sure he's really going to care all that much since Michigan won all 4 games in his career, and he completely dominated MSU in every game.

Quote:

Old 11-07-2007, 08:53 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

Dantonio is an idiot. Maybe the reason Michigan State can't win is because they hire and recruit pansies. Seriously? Mike's comment was clearly a joke. He was laughing when he said it. Dantonio is the classless douchebag who made fun of U-M for losing to Appalachian State. But now that Michigan fires back he can't take it? I hope that hypocrite never beats Michigan and gets fired in two or three years. Guess what Mark? When your team has lost 10 of their last 12 (should be 11 of 12 if the MSU time keeper didn't cheat) including 6 in a row to Michigan, you have no room to talk.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:06 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
Dantonio is an idiot. Maybe the reason Michigan State can't win is because they hire and recruit pansies. Seriously? Mike's comment was clearly a joke. He was laughing when he said it. Dantonio is the classless douchebag who made fun of U-M for losing to Appalachian State. But now that Michigan fires back he can't take it? I hope that hypocrite never beats Michigan and gets fired in two or three years. Guess what Mark? When your team has lost 10 of their last 12 (should be 11 of 12 if the MSU time keeper didn't cheat) including 6 in a row to Michigan, you have no room to talk.
I was thinking that as well. He's the one who made the comment about a moment of silence after Michigan lost to App State, the Michigan players just threw it back in his face by having a moment of silence after they won. He and the MSU players were the ones saying that Michigan looked at them as the "little brother", Mike just fired it back at him. No class on Dantonio's part IMO for taking shots at a player.

Quote:

Old 11-08-2007, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...311080003/1048

Hart's choice for Heisman? Jake Long

Quote:
Hart puts his support behind one of his linemen.

“Who would I vote for? Jake Long,” he said.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:08 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

MSU really is a joke. Fact is they talked smack after App State ..... now they are back in the shatter stinking up the State Capitol getting offended over how Hart used THEIR WORDS.

What losers. No wonder they are still number 4 in recruiting. OSU, Mich and ND are just better places to be.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
I was thinking that as well. He's the one who made the comment about a moment of silence after Michigan lost to App State, the Michigan players just threw it back in his face by having a moment of silence after they won. He and the MSU players were the ones saying that Michigan looked at them as the "little brother", Mike just fired it back at him. No class on Dantonio's part IMO for taking shots at a player.

Lloyd Carr should pull a stunt like Mike Gundy from OK St. did and go off on Dantonio.

I would love to see Lloyd take a shot at Dantonio for once.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:28 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Does anyone realize that Lloyd is up for national coach of the year? Who would have thought that was possible after losing to App St. and getting destroyed by Oregon?

Quote:

Old 11-08-2007, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Does anyone realize that Lloyd is up for national coach of the year? Who would have thought that was possible after losing to App St. and getting destroyed by Oregon?
The Oregon loss is now completely justifiable . . . App State was not supposed to happen.

But yeah, I will say that Lloyd has done a great job putting Michigan back into contention for a BCS game.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:45 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Really, if you think about it, if we beat Wisconsin, even if we lose to OSU there would still be at least a chance we'd get selected for the Rose Bowl anyway. Of course that would all be contingent on OSU also beating Illinois and going to the NC game. That said, I'd rather just win both and go to the Rose Bowl anyway.

Quote:

Old 11-08-2007, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Really, if you think about it, if we beat Wisconsin, even if we lose to OSU there would still be at least a chance we'd get selected for the Rose Bowl anyway. Of course that would all be contingent on OSU also beating Illinois and going to the NC game. That said, I'd rather just win both and go to the Rose Bowl anyway.
There is a 0% chance we go to the Rose Bowl if we go any worse than 10-2.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote