Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 03-20-2007, 09:21 PM    (permalink
lionsfan81
Rookie

lionsfan81 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.lionsfan81 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
Just don't click on this thread then. The vast majority of us ARE indeed Wolverines fans.
ok but this is the LIONS team forum, not u of m football forum. save it for somewhere else.
lionsfan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 10:12 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
Just don't click on this thread then. The vast majority of us ARE indeed Wolverines fans.
I agree, and being that most of us ARE Michigan fans, I prefer having the thread here, rather than having to go searching for it on the college football forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 12:01 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsfan81 View Post
ok but this is the LIONS team forum, not u of m football forum. save it for somewhere else.
Feel free to start a thread of your favorite team. The majority of us Lions fans that post here are Wolverine fans. Us moderators and Admins have decided not to allow individual team threads in the college football forum. I really don't see how it is such an inconvience to you. If you don't want to post in this thread then ignore it.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:45 PM    (permalink
snuff

Just found this thread... What the hell do the Lions and Wolverines have in common... I could care less about the Lions.

Anyway.... Carson Butler and Chris Richards will be kicked off the team in a few days most likely.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Kevin Grady any good?
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:53 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Is Kevin Grady any good?
I know it seems like alot of people in the state of Michigan love the guy, and think he is or will be a stud. Personally, I was never really that high on him, but he does fit the stereotypical Michigan back quite well IMO. A guy that might not be a game breaker or big play threat, but he'll grind out yards and wear down a defense then start breaking bigger runs in the 4th quarter. I have to say though, I didn't see much of him in high school, so I'm sure people that did are far more knowledgable than I about him.

Quote:

Old 03-21-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff View Post
Just found this thread... What the hell do the Lions and Wolverines have in common... I could care less about the Lions.

Anyway.... Carson Butler and Chris Richards will be kicked off the team in a few days most likely.
=(

Our TE depth is very shaky now, and Richards was one of our only pure cover CBs...
Old 03-21-2007, 02:30 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

I was never much of a fan of Richards, but I was high on Carson Butler. It's a pretty big hit either way. There's definately going to be some younger guys seeing more PT now IMO.

Quote:

Old 03-21-2007, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Newbs24
Rookie

Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.

Chris Richards wasn't gonna be a factor any time soon. He was behind Sears who was behind Trent and Stewart. Warren is gonna lock up one spot and hopefully carlos Brown can push for a spot on one corner. Butler could have been a first round pick sooner or later. The kid has sooooo much talent and physical capabilities it is a shame he doesn't use his brain. Massey is gonna need to step it up big time. If Arrington can get his act together and stick around I would expect alot of 3 or 4 wide sets. Gonna need to with Butler out of the mix.

Kevin Grady is good but not as good as his HS stats indicated. He played HS football in Michigan which is not alot to brag about. He was a man amongst boys. He also is a guy that needs the rock alot and will wear you down while he only gets better. It sucks that Hart is so good for us and Brandon Minor seems to be on the verge of doing big things.

Something good may be that 3 scholorships will open up is Butler, Richards and Germany all get shown the door.
Newbs24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:56 PM    (permalink
snuff

Richard's was way to raw and was never in line for any playing time... He couldn't even beat out Sears who got beat every time he stepped on the field.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:09 AM    (permalink
jbombul
Rookie

jbombul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbombul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
I know it seems like alot of people in the state of Michigan love the guy, and think he is or will be a stud. Personally, I was never really that high on him, but he does fit the stereotypical Michigan back quite well IMO. A guy that might not be a game breaker or big play threat, but he'll grind out yards and wear down a defense then start breaking bigger runs in the 4th quarter. I have to say though, I didn't see much of him in high school, so I'm sure people that did are far more knowledgable than I about him.
i live about 10 minutes from where grady grew up, n i attended a few of his games. he was the most dominating runningback this area has ever seen. period. even at the games i didn't attend, i can remember reading the paper on saturday mornings and seeing him tear it up for 300 yards and 4 touchdowns routinely. this guy is an absoulte stud and i have faith that he will continue what he did in highschool at michigan as soon as we lose hart.

http://michigan.rivals.com/video.asp...uit&pkey=22695

take a look for yourselves
jbombul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Forcier is reportedly transferring to Stanford. He's in great hands with Harbaugh, so good luck to them.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:05 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Incase you guys didn't hear, Eugene Germany was released from his scholarship a couple of days ago.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
Incase you guys didn't hear, Eugene Germany was released from his scholarship a couple of days ago.
Carson Butler and Chris Richards too, no?
Old 03-27-2007, 10:38 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

From coach Carr's press conference on the 24th.

On roster changes ... "Eugene Germany, Carson Butler and Chris Richards will not return."

On moving Carlos Brown to cornerback ... "We've moved Charles Stewart to safety and Carlos Brown, athletically, will be a great move for us. He's got a lot to learn, but he can run and Carlos has a great attitude and desire to be good. He has a passion for the game and anytime you have the kind of mentality that he has, I think, good things are going to be in store for him."

So it look like yes, all 3 are off the team.

Quote:

Last edited by ironman4579 : 03-27-2007 at 10:48 AM.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:01 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

So I was listening to Sirius at work last night, and Gil Brandt told Drew Olsen that Calias Campbell was going to be on the Playboy preseason All America team. This got me to thinking. Who from the Wolverines has a shot to be on the team? I'm thinking Jake Long will be on for sure. Others that have a shot are probably Manningham, Henne, and Hart, with Manningham having the best shot IMO. Henne would probably be behind at least Brohm and Brennan, and Id think the RB would be McFadden and maybe Jonathen Stewart or maybe Ray Rice? Any thoughts?

Quote:

Old 03-28-2007, 10:17 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

I think Mike Hart has a shot to make it as one of the running backs. Darren McFadden has one spot locked up, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Hart take the other. I really don't think Henne has much of a chance and I don't see Manningham getting on, although it is possible.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:04 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
From coach Carr's press conference on the 24th.

On roster changes ... "Eugene Germany, Carson Butler and Chris Richards will not return."

On moving Carlos Brown to cornerback ... "We've moved Charles Stewart to safety and Carlos Brown, athletically, will be a great move for us. He's got a lot to learn, but he can run and Carlos has a great attitude and desire to be good. He has a passion for the game and anytime you have the kind of mentality that he has, I think, good things are going to be in store for him."

So it look like yes, all 3 are off the team.

I hope Brown turns out to be a stud CB. He's got everything you look for in one, I hope he can turn into our number one, with Trent/Warren (by the end of the season hopefully) the number two.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:05 PM    (permalink
dreadedluck

Michigan will be fine, hopefully the lesson is learned. I know we always want are sports to be the best but these boys go to college to prepare themselves for life. Carr well he can be released from the team anytime he wants.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:35 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

In basketball news, Jon Beilein of West Virginia is the favorite to become the next Michigan coach. He's going to meet with Martin this weekend or early next week.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
In basketball news, Jon Beilein of West Virginia is the favorite to become the next Michigan coach. He's going to meet with Martin this weekend or early next week.
he just won the NIT, didnt he?
Old 03-29-2007, 09:17 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

Yes he did. That's why he couldn't meet with Martin any earlier.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He seems like a solid coach. I hope he can find another Pittsnogle lol.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:43 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Hopefully he can bring back a little pride to Michigan basketball. We've been struggling for awhile now.

Quote:

Old 03-30-2007, 10:51 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Just had to post this so we could all remember one of the greatest comebacks, and IMO, one of the greatest single game performances in Michigan history. I know alot of Michigan fans didn't like Braylon, but he was honestly one of my favorite players ever at Michigan. Too bad he got drafted by the crappy Brownies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyUimlCCbXU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja1QAi3ZL8s

Quote: