Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 11-29-2010, 07:22 AM    (permalink
tonykart
Rookie

tonykart could make a wolverine purr.tonykart could make a wolverine purr.tonykart could make a wolverine purr.tonykart could make a wolverine purr.tonykart could make a wolverine purr.tonykart could make a wolverine purr.tonykart could make a wolverine purr.tonykart could make a wolverine purr.

If Harbaugh turns down Michigan and Les Myles is truly never coming here then Rich Rodriguez and Bill Martin's secret plan to destroy the university of Michigan is truly complete.

If Rich Rod isn't canned, Brandon can't be taken seriously. Any coach could get the recruiting classes and results he's getting, without the freak show.
tonykart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:22 AM    (permalink
tonykart
Rookie

tonykart could make a wolverine purr.tonykart could make a wolverine purr.tonykart could make a wolverine purr.tonykart could make a wolverine purr.tonykart could make a wolverine purr.tonykart could make a wolverine purr.tonykart could make a wolverine purr.tonykart could make a wolverine purr.

Ok... there is no way Rich Rod can stay after that pathetic display of emotions at the recent banquet. Please fire this joker.
tonykart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Newbs24
Rookie

Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonykart View Post
Ok... there is no way Rich Rod can stay after that pathetic display of emotions at the recent banquet. Please fire this joker.
Raise Me Up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermario86 View Post
Stanton will be a pro bowler his 5th year book it.
Newbs24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dee Hart has dropped Michigan.

http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/dee-hart-officially-gone

I'm guessing RichRod will be gone by January 4th or 5th.
"You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler
Silver & Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 02:59 PM    (permalink
DrunkenLament
Rookie

DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver & Blue View Post
Dee Hart has dropped Michigan.

http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/dee-hart-officially-gone

I'm guessing RichRod will be gone by January 4th or 5th.
Nailed it. RichRod fired!

http://detnews.com/article/20110104/...has-been-fired

And with the Harbaugh going to the NFL rumors do you think we'll settle for Brady Hoke?
DrunkenLament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 05:17 PM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenLament View Post
Nailed it. RichRod fired!

http://detnews.com/article/20110104/...has-been-fired

And with the Harbaugh going to the NFL rumors do you think we'll settle for Brady Hoke?
Thats the talk on the town. He isn't the sexy pick (all 250+ lbs of him) but who knows. Harbaugh didn't seem like a sexy pick 3 years ago. At least Hoke is part of the Michigan lineage. He is a defensive guy. I gotta imagine he will work the team back into a pro style offense...or I should say I hope.
tblain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:03 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can someone fill me on on Brady Hoke/Jeff Garlin/Mike Golic? I haven't quite followed Ball State and SDSU. I know he was on our coaching staff before, but what's his deal? Defensive or Offensive minded? Is he crazy? I want a crazy coach. I want someone who won't dismiss the Ohio State and Michigan State games as "just another game".. that bothered me when RichRod did that.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:41 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Can someone fill me on on Brady Hoke/Jeff Garlin/Mike Golic? I haven't quite followed Ball State and SDSU. I know he was on our coaching staff before, but what's his deal? Defensive or Offensive minded? Is he crazy? I want a crazy coach. I want someone who won't dismiss the Ohio State and Michigan State games as "just another game".. that bothered me when RichRod did that.
I don't think you'd get the same sound bites from Hoke about OSU/MSU as you would from Harbaugh, but I'm sure Hoke would take those games plenty seriously.

As for style, I'd say defensive. He was Michigan's defensive line coach from 1995-2002. Prior to that he was the DL coach at Oregon State from '89-'94, the LB's coach at Toledo from '87-'89, the DL and ST coach at Western Michigan from '84-'86, and the DL coach at Grand Valley State in 1983. So you know he knows the DL anyway.

At Western Michigan he worked under Jack Harbaugh, and was on the same staff as guys like John Harbaugh and Greg Mattison. When Mattison was Michigan's DC, he hired Hoke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i went to school for a couple years at ball state. brady hoke is the man. he can handle the job and get results.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:55 PM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
i went to school for a couple years at ball state. brady hoke is the man. he can handle the job and get results.
He did a great job at turning Ball State around. They were horrible when he got there but did a good job with them. I think Hoke's Ball State team almost upset Michigan a couple of years ago, I can't remember the exact year though. He wouldn't be my first or second choice, but if we got him then I would wait three years to judge him like I did for RichRod.
"You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler
Old 01-05-2011, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

with hoke, ball state overnight turned into a great offense with absolutely no recruits above 2 star. miquale lewis was a great runner and nate davis's tiny hands looked amazing at qb. i can't remember specifics about the defense, but they were very well coached.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:42 AM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
with hoke, ball state overnight turned into a great offense with absolutely no recruits above 2 star. miquale lewis was a great runner and nate davis's tiny hands looked amazing at qb. i can't remember specifics about the defense, but they were very well coached.
I'm getting flashbacks about what I told people about RichRod when he was OC while I was at Tulane. Turned the program around. Offense exploded. Went undefeated. Turned Shaun King into an NFL QB.

The thing about Hoke is he comes from a defensive background, which is most promising.

BTW, whats with this that I hear the RichRod thing isn't final? I'm pretty sure its final, just not in the books yet right?
tblain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:07 PM    (permalink
DrunkenLament
Rookie

DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tblain1 View Post
I'm getting flashbacks about what I told people about RichRod when he was OC while I was at Tulane. Turned the program around. Offense exploded. Went undefeated. Turned Shaun King into an NFL QB.

The thing about Hoke is he comes from a defensive background, which is most promising.

BTW, whats with this that I hear the RichRod thing isn't final? I'm pretty sure its final, just not in the books yet right?
According to Terry Fosters twitter, it was known he was gone last night but they didn't finalize the firing (probably some paperwork that wasn't signed). Good thing is, Harbaugh and Miles seem to still be in the mix, but I really only want Hoke if we truly have to settle for him.
DrunkenLament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Quote:
According to Terry Fosters twitter, it was known he was gone last night but they didn't finalize the firing (probably some paperwork that wasn't signed). Good thing is, Harbaugh and Miles seem to still be in the mix, but I really only want Hoke if we truly have to settle for him.
Actually, I think Dave Brandon asked RichRod to step down yesterday but he refused. Then I guess he gave time for Rich to think about it and tried to ask him again today but of course he refused and then he was fired. Thats what I heard what happen, makes sense since I'm sure Brandon would have loved to save money.

-Bo Schembechler
Old 01-05-2011, 12:29 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd take Hoke over Miles if I knew for sure he was bringing the rumored great staff.

Quote:

Old 01-05-2011, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

It sounds like Dave Brandon hasn't even tried searching for a coach yet, I'm sorry, but he definitely seems like he is still an amateur. When your competing with NFL teams for a coach you have to strike quickly.

-Bo Schembechler
Old 01-05-2011, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hoke for sure is being the most vocal of candidates even telling the SDSU AD that even with his extension he wanted the Michigan job (Said he would crawl all the way to Ann Arbor to get that job).

Also hear he is the type of recruiter that lights up a room.

And I know for a fact he doesn't view OSU as just another game. Not only is he a midwest guy, he coached at Michigan for I believe 7 years.

Like I said in a different thread, I feel bad for Rod the man. But as a coach, he put himself in a poor situation by how he ran the program.
Marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It sounds like Dave Brandon hasn't even tried searching for a coach yet, I'm sorry, but he definitely seems like he is still an amateur. When your competing with NFL teams for a coach you have to strike quickly.
oh know he has been looking trust me on that, all insiders say he has been doing his homework. There are a lot of things going on.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

I think the only reason why people are scared of Hoke is because they aren't sure how good he would be at a higher level since he has only been the head coach of Ball State and SDSU.

-Bo Schembechler
ironman4579
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marino13 View Post
Hoke for sure is being the most vocal of candidates even telling the SDSU AD that even with his extension he wanted the Michigan job (Said he would crawl all the way to Ann Arbor to get that job).

And I know for a fact he doesn't view OSU as just another game. Not only is he a midwest guy, he coached at Michigan for I believe 7 years.

Like I said in a different thread, I feel bad for Rod the man. But as a coach, he put himself in a poor situation by how he ran the program.
Hoke coached the DL from 1995-2002, so 8 years.

Quote:

Silver & Blue
Veteran

Quote:
oh know he has been looking trust me on that, all insiders say he has been doing his homework. There are a lot of things going on.
I hope your right and he is just keeping everything quiet.

-Bo Schembechler
Old 01-05-2011, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
Hoke coached the DL from 1995-2002, so 8 years.
yeah I wasn't counting 95. I also hear that all the players that played for Hoke love the guy, and the ones that know him think he would be great.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:57 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What was Brandon supposed to say at that press conference? "Yeah, I have a list of guys to replace Rodriguez that I've been compiling since mid-season"?
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
What was Brandon supposed to say at that press conference? "Yeah, I have a list of guys to replace Rodriguez that I've been compiling since mid-season"?
I'm just saying that I thought he should have a good idea of who he wants. I'm still having nightmares from the last coaching search. lol

-Bo Schembechler
Old 01-05-2011, 03:05 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Hoke all the way!