Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 03-15-2007, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Scott's mock

He has us taking

1. Brady Quinn
2. Jon Beason
3. Lamar Woodley

I think its a great draft, and ideal if we don't trade down. What do you guys think?
Old 03-15-2007, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still don't like Quinn, but I'll take what I can get I suppose . . .

Beason is a good pick.

And Woodley has great value, and with his leadership ability, Marinelli would love this guy.

I'd settle for this if it really happened.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Bootland27
Rookie

Bootland27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bootland27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
He has us taking

1. Brady Quinn
2. Jon Beason
3. Lamar Woodley

I think its a great draft, and ideal if we don't trade down. What do you guys think?
Not bad. Some of the players left on the board in the 3rd include Abiamiri, Bazuin, Hughes and Beekman.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:53 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a Michigan fan I love Woodley, but I don't think we can pass up Abiamiri for him. Beason is a good pick as we need a good Cover 2 MLB. I guess Quinn is an alright pick, although I don't think we take him.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Jagonsucker
Rookie

Jagonsucker needs more cowbell.

I dont like it much. We dont need another outside linebacker we need a middle linebacker. And i think we will take Stanton which gets us out of the Brady Quinn running.
Jagonsucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Bootland27
Rookie

Bootland27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bootland27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagonsucker View Post
I dont like it much. We dont need another outside linebacker we need a middle linebacker. And i think we will take Stanton which gets us out of the Brady Quinn running.
He's actually listed as an OLB, but he can play the middle too.

a partial scouting report (NFL.com):
Quote:
An undersized weak-side linebacker, but has experience in the middle and is built more in the lines of that type of player
Quote:
Beason might be better suited to play inside in a Cover-2 defense, so he will not be exposed or gobbled up by the bigger blockers … With his ability to flow from sideline to sideline, he will be better served playing in a scheme that will let him make plays in space rather than step up and try to fill.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im not sure how i feel about it i dont think scott wants to put adams that high so we went with Quinn but i really feel that if we go QB we'll take stanton. Beason is interesting and i think woodly is a pretty good pick as well i would have liked hughes tho as well all in all i guess its alright
Old 03-15-2007, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Replace Woodley with Hughes or Abiamiri and im happy
Old 03-15-2007, 03:06 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

TacticaLion hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Honestly... i'd rather replace Quinn with a top CB, draft Beason and draft Bazuin. No, drafting a CB at #2 isn't "perfect value", but i'd rather have it over Quinn.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Aard
Rookie

Aard is a cocksman.Aard is a cocksman.Aard is a cocksman.Aard is a cocksman.Aard is a cocksman.

I don't really mind yet another mock saying the Lions will take Quinn. It's just another drop in the bucket of misinformation which should eventually permit Millen to trade down. The Browns want Quinn, and so do a couple of other teams with picks in the first half of the first round.
Aard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 05:04 PM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I like it a lot, but i think id rather have hughes in the 3rd, but id take it if it happened

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21
asmitty45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Newbs24
Rookie

Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.

I hate it The only pick I like is Beason. He is a player but I am not sure about the other 2. Brady and Woody had good college careers but I question Quinns decision making and ability to lead a team. I also queston woodley's drive and motor. He did NOTHING in big games minus ND who was extremely overrated.
Newbs24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm not a big fan of the 1st and 3rd picks...

1. Joe Thomas
2. Jon Beason
3. Daymeion Hughes

just looks alot more logical to me.
Old 03-17-2007, 08:11 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He updated it again today::

1. Brady Quinn
2. Anthony Spencer
3. Brandon Siler
Old 03-17-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
He updated it again today::

1. Brady Quinn
2. Anthony Spencer
3. Brandon Siler
I don't like this one as much.
Old 03-17-2007, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the 3rd pick is the only one that makes sense...
Old 03-17-2007, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
the 3rd pick is the only one that makes sense...
I don't mind the Spencer pick, but I think we could do better.
Old 03-17-2007, 09:33 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

TacticaLion hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't like either and i'm glad the draft wont happen that way.
Old 03-17-2007, 11:18 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea i dislike this a lot he had them pass up on charles johnson for spencer and hughes is still a much better pick in the third