Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-28-2010, 11:08 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default (If Career Suddenly Ended) Hall of Fame Thread

Now this is not your typical HOF thread. Basically what players do you think would go into the HOF based on their shorter careers if it was cut short by injuries. I mean some guys over their full careers are easy to place but what about guys who dominate like certain HOF members did but their careers were cut short and so didnt dominate as long as they should or amount the massive stat lines (see Gayle Sayers)

Some guys I think are:-
Andre Johnson
CJ2K :D
Adrian Peterson
Larry Fitzgerald
Patrick Willis
DeMarcus Ware
Jared Allen
Darrelle Revis
Nnamdi Asamougha

Cant think of any others but I reckon if they had career ending injuries their names should be mentioned in talks of the HOF not necessarily definate entrants but should get a mention.

What do all you guys reckon?
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 11:12 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know this one is old, but Sterling Sharpe comes to mind.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:21 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the thing for me is like i know its the hall of fame reserved for the most dominant players of all time but i think sometimes players can be overlooked whos careers were cut short, interested to see who people think thats happened to should be in and who if it happened right now they think should get in
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Most of those guys are too early in to be considered, but I'd love to see an argument for Andre Johnson other than "Media has him ranked with Larry Fitzgerald as top 1-2"
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 11:31 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry, but no one on that list would make the HOF if their careers ended tomorrow!!
Nnamdi Asomugha has the best chance, but after 7 years I doubt even he would get in.

Gayle Sayers was from a different era, a different game. No one had ever seen a player like him on the football field and he became a living myth. Nowadays, you need production to back up reputation, and no position is more important stat-wise than the offensive skill positions.

Most players on that list IMO would be considered great athletes on a HOF career track who simply didn't play long enough.

The only hypothetical example I can think of where a player who plays less than 7 years still gets in the HOF would be a pro bowl QB who wins 3 or 4 SBs in the first 6 years of his career, because winning trumps stats for QBs in the minds, I think, of HOF voters.
FUNBUNCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 11:33 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Sorry, but no one on that list would make the HOF if their careers ended tomorrow!!
Nnamdi Asomugha has the best chance, but after 7 years I doubt even he would get in.

Gayle Sayers was from a different era, a different game. No one had ever seen a player like him on the football field and he became a living myth. Nowadays, you need production to back up reputation, and no position is more important stat-wise than the offensive skill positions.

Most players on that list IMO would be considered great athletes on a HOF career track who simply didn't play long enough.

The only hypothetical example I can think of where a player who plays less than 7 years still gets in the HOF would be a pro bowl QB who wins 3 or 4 SBs in the first 6 years of his career, because winning trumps stats for QBs in the minds, I think, of HOF voters.

I agree! I was thinking the same thing when I read it.. It's the hall of fame, not hall of very good. I would never put any of those guys in. They are good, and have promising careers, but if they got hurt tomorrow, none of them get in or get close.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 11:34 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

None of those guys would make the HOF honestly man, they may be well on their way but the HOF is about longevity, you can't just put them in because they had a good start.

Andre Johnson? No way in hell. Ware? Nope. I doubt anyone on that list would be close to making it to be honest.

It would have to be a guy close to retirement, way too many guys have been good for long periods of time that wouldn't get overlooked by a guy with 2-3 good seasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 11:42 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

None, though Asomugha would be the closest. Can we at least agree on that? You wanna talk about an active player who's a living myth on the defensive side of the ball, then that's your guy. No doubt the poor teams he's played on would hurt him dearly in the eyes of some.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 11:50 AM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Favre, Brady, Manning, Pace and Ray Lewis are the only locks right now.

Maybe Peppers and Mawae.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 12:16 PM    (permalink
crossroads
Rookie

crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Terrell Davis still hasn't been inducted into the Hall of Fame then no one on that list would make it if their careers were cut short as well.
crossroads is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 12:52 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
Favre, Brady, Manning, Pace and Ray Lewis are the only locks right now.

Maybe Peppers and Mawae.
There are a lot more "locks".

Ladanian Tomlinson, Randy Moss, T.O., Tony Gonzalez, Jason Witten, Antonio Gates, I'd add Warner. Brees will have the numbers barring injury and he has a ring. If we're counting Pace, Strahan is obviously in.

Ed Reed, Champ Bailey, Charles Woodson...they're all getting in. Etc. People are so hesistant to put today's players in the Hall...but, all listed are of Hall of Fame quality.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post

Ladanian Tomlinson, Randy Moss, T.O., Tony Gonzalez, Jason Witten, Antonio Gates, I'd add Warner. Brees will have the numbers barring injury and he has a ring. If we're counting Pace, Strahan is obviously in.

Ed Reed, Champ Bailey, Charles Woodson...they're all getting in. Etc. People are so hesistant to put today's players in the Hall...but, all listed are of Hall of Fame quality.
They all might deserve it, but very few DBs get into the HoF. I think that of those, Ed Reed has the best shot at getting in. Bailey and Woodson might, but are by no means locks for the HoF. Other than that, I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 01:22 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Darrelle Revis? 3 years in the league. Apparently the NFL better clear out room for Joe Thomas too.

Chris Johnson? Ask Terrell Davis about that.

Not a single one of the names mentioned in that list is anywhere near being in the conversation for the Hall of Fame.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 01:29 PM    (permalink
LookItsAlDavis
Veteran

LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

*IF* Arizona won the super bowl a couple years ago, I think Fitzgerald would be able to get in.
LookItsAlDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 01:35 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tony Gonzalez.

I don't see how Antonio Gates or Jason Witten are "locks" at this point in their careers though heh.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 01:41 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Surely you jest....

Neither are anywhere near a "lock", or even a strong candidate.

I understand they are the league's best TEs, but they've been playing for 7 and 5 years, respectively. Are they on their way to becoming HOF TEs? Yes. But if their careers ended tomorrow, neither would be even close to locks.

Shannon Sharpe played 14 seasons and has significantly better stats then either of them, and isn't in. Hell, Sterling Sharpe played 7 seasons and had better stats than both, and isn't in.

I really think people overrate current players and their perception compared to all time players and HOF worthiness.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 01:55 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Tony Gonzalez.

I don't see how Antonio Gates or Jason Witten are "locks" at this point in their careers though heh.
Antonio Gates could retire tomorrow and get in. He's one of the greatest offensive TEs of all time already. More receiving TDs than Winslow, Newsome, he's creeping up on Sharpe. He holds numerous receiving records. Most TD by a TE in a season, first TE with back to back 10 Td seasons. And if we want to project some more...he should be the 3rd TE ever to amass 10,000 yards in a career. He's getting in.

As for Witten there is more projection involved. But his numbers at 27 are staggering for a TE. He's right there with Gates in yards...and is one of the most complete TEs to ever play the game. He may very well break the all-time TE reception mark when it's all said and done. I personally dont think he'd catch Gonzalez there but, he should finish 2nd/3rd all-time. His numbers already stack up favorably in comparison to others in the Hall.

edit...

As for Sharpe...he'll get in eventually.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 03-28-2010 at 01:58 PM.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:59 PM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, I'm not really sure what the point of the hall of fame is.
BandwagonPunditry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 02:08 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Antonio Gates could retire tomorrow and get in. He's one of the greatest offensive TEs of all time already. More receiving TDs than Winslow, Newsome, he's creeping up on Sharpe. He holds numerous receiving records. Most TD by a TE in a season, first TE with back to back 10 Td seasons. And if we want to project some more...he should be the 3rd TE ever to amass 10,000 yards in a career. He's getting in.

As for Witten there is more projection involved. But his numbers at 27 are staggering for a TE. He's right there with Gates in yards...and is one of the most complete TEs to ever play the game. He may very well break the all-time TE reception mark when it's all said and done. I personally dont think he'd catch Gonzalez there but, he should finish 2nd/3rd all-time. His numbers already stack up favorably in comparison to others in the Hall.

edit...

As for Sharpe...he'll get in eventually.
Exactly. Sharpe should get in...eventually.

He had a better career than both Witten and Gates have up until now. You can't say that if they retire tomorrow, they will be locks to get in while Sharpe isn't in.

This isn't about projecting their careers. I agree, they will both be HOF TEs when all is said and done, but the fact is right now they aren't. Gates doesn't have 10K yards, and WItten doesn't have the receptions record....yet.

I think you are focusing too much on what they project to be and not what they are. When looking at the HOF, they won't say, "Oh, he was going to break these records, but his career ended early." You can't look at anything that would happen past today, only their past accomplishments, if you are going to say their careers are done.

Jason Witten- 7 years, 523 receptions, 5965 yards, 27 TDs.
Antonio Gates- 7 years, 479 receptions, 6223 yards, 59 TDs.
Sterling Sharpe- 7 years, 595 receptions, 8134 yards, 65 TDs.

Yes, that's not even Shannon Sharpe, the good Sharpe brother. Sterling Sharpe isn't in the HOF, either. If their seasons ended tomorrow, what makes you think Witten and Gates are HOF locks again?

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 03-28-2010, 02:24 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Exactly. Sharpe should get in...eventually.

He had a better career than both Witten and Gates have up until now. You can't say that if they retire tomorrow, they will be locks to get in while Sharpe isn't in.

This isn't about projecting their careers. I agree, they will both be HOF TEs when all is said and done, but the fact is right now they aren't. Gates doesn't have 10K yards, and WItten doesn't have the receptions record....yet.

I think you are focusing too much on what they project to be and not what they are. When looking at the HOF, they won't say, "Oh, he was going to break these records, but his career ended early." You can't look at anything that would happen past today, only their past accomplishments, if you are going to say their careers are done.

Jason Witten- 7 years, 523 receptions, 5965 yards, 27 TDs.
Antonio Gates- 7 years, 479 receptions, 6223 yards, 59 TDs.
Sterling Sharpe- 7 years, 595 receptions, 8134 yards, 65 TDs.

Yes, that's not even Shannon Sharpe, the good Sharpe brother. Sterling Sharpe isn't in the HOF, either. If their seasons ended tomorrow, what makes you think Witten and Gates are HOF locks again?
I was responding more to the one posters post about there being only a few locks total. Not if their careers ended tomorrow. However, I def. see Gates getting in, if he retired tomorrow. His numbers do stack up right now, yards and TDs. He's pretty much a much better scoring Kellen Winslow. He's one of the greatest threats the league has ever seen.

Also, Sterling was WR....so yeah.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-28-2010, 02:30 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its the hall of fame not the hall of good for a few seasons.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

None of those guys would get in, I dont think its even close for any of them at this point.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 02:35 PM    (permalink
toddmlazarchick
Veteran

toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick

Yeah this thread is pretty pointless. No one will get in based off a short career with good numbers. Its all about prolonged success.

2011 FA: FS - OJ Atogwe
2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia
toddmlazarchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 02:36 PM    (permalink
toddmlazarchick
Veteran

toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick

I mean Revis and Johnson really? REALLY? 3 years in the league and HoF worthy already? Dude please!

2011 FA: FS - OJ Atogwe
2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia
toddmlazarchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 02:37 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
I was responding more to the one posters post about there being only a few locks total. Not if their careers ended tomorrow. However, I def. see Gates getting in, if he retired tomorrow. His numbers do stack up right now, yards and TDs. He's pretty much a much better scoring Kellen Winslow. He's one of the greatest threats the league has ever seen.

Also, Sterling was WR....so yeah.
Yea, my bad. Since he's the worse Sharpe brother, I didn't really pay attention.

I still don't think Witten and Gates are HOF as of tomorrow, but that's just my opinion.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver