Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-28-2010, 02:39 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Donovan McNabb:

Five Pro Bowls
Top 25 All Time: Passing Attempts, Completions, Yards, Passing TDs, Rating, Passing Yards Per Game, Passing Attempts Per Game, Passes Completed Per Game
Third lowest INT% All Time Among Qualifiers (Want to win a bar bet? The only guys ahead of him are Aaron Rodgers and David Garrard).
Probably Two More Years from Top Ten Ever In Passing Yards and Touchdowns
One Of The Most Prolific Rushing QBs Ever (3,300 Yards, 28 TDs and Counting)
82-45-1 As A Starter

Does he get in? Does he need to pad his resume? And if the answer is no, would the answer be yes had he won a Superbowl?

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-I-P View Post
Donovan McNabb:

Five Pro Bowls
Top 25 All Time: Passing Attempts, Completions, Yards, Passing TDs, Rating, Passing Yards Per Game, Passing Attempts Per Game, Passes Completed Per Game
Third lowest INT% All Time Among Qualifiers (Want to win a bar bet? The only guys ahead of him are Aaron Rodgers and David Garrard).
82-45-1 As A Starter

Does he get in? Does he need to pad his resume? And if the answer is no, would the answer be yes had he won a Superbowl?
guh we talk about McNabb and the HoF so much. The difference with those talks is that most people assume he'll play at a high level for another 2-3 years.

McNabb doesn't deserve to be in the HoF right now but he's really close in my opinion. And no, winning a Superbowl wouldn't change my answer because I believe Superbowl victories are a team accomplishment outside of when a QB just dominates the game (I'm thinking about like Steve Young's SB win).
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 03:09 PM    (permalink
wordofi
Veteran

wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
guh we talk about McNabb and the HoF so much. The difference with those talks is that most people assume he'll play at a high level for another 2-3 years.

McNabb doesn't deserve to be in the HoF right now but he's really close in my opinion. And no, winning a Superbowl wouldn't change my answer because I believe Superbowl victories are a team accomplishment outside of when a QB just dominates the game (I'm thinking about like Steve Young's SB win).
McNabb isn't close to being a Hall of Famer. That's what so annoying about the Hall of Fame debates. The HOF is for great players, not good one's. And, McNabb is a good player.
wordofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 03:16 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Donovan McNabb:

Five Pro Bowls
82-45-1 As A Starter

Still no.

And talking about Top 25 all time in all these statistics is fine as long as you take into account the direction the league has gone in terms of passing. Much more of it and rules that make it easier to do so. Every generation of QBs has more stats than the one preceding it, but that doesn't mean they are better players as a result.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 03:32 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86 View Post
Some guys I think are:-
Andre Johnson
CJ2K :D
Adrian Peterson
Larry Fitzgerald
Patrick Willis
DeMarcus Ware
Jared Allen
Darrelle Revis
Nnamdi Asamougha
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
Old 03-28-2010, 04:03 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Donovan McNabb:

Five Pro Bowls
82-45-1 As A Starter

Very good player, but no, I don't think he is a hall of famer.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McNabb is too much of a very-good guy. If he wins a superbowl, possibly he gets in after some time goes by. But his passing stats aren't taht special in today's passing league.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 04:23 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
McNabb is too much of a very-good guy. If he wins a superbowl, possibly he gets in after some time goes by. But his passing stats aren't taht special in today's passing league.
They're pretty good though. 216 tds 100 ints with only one year where he had a top 5 receiver.

86.5 career QB rating is = to Brett Favre's qb rating.

He has made it to what, 5 conference championship games? He's a very good player and I think one of the most underrated QB's in the league. If he had played in Indy with Wayne/Harrison he very well may have won a super bowl (Not saying he's better than Manning, just saying he could have had one if he was playing with those guys and that his stats may be way up there.)

Also, super bowl rings are kind of a weird thing to judge by because it seems like only QB's get judged by it, but players like Trent Dilfer get rings.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 04:31 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

During the time McNabb has played in, how many QBs would you take over him?

Manning, Brady, Warner, Favre, Brees... am I missing anyone? Rapistberger?

From his relative generation, McNabb is at best 6th. Is the 6th best QB of a generation deserve to be in the Hall of Fame?
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post

From his relative generation, McNabb is at best 6th. Is the 6th best QB of a generation deserve to be in the Hall of Fame?
what if there was 6 guys who had all the same stats as Peyton Manning or Tom brady?
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 05:11 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

/thread

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 05:20 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post

/thread

/thread for real now
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 05:27 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post

/thread for real now
jordy wouldnt accept the hall of fame, he finds it disrespectful, he will only accept universe of jordiness

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 07:45 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

fitz has every post season wr record ever and is a amazing humanitarian, thats really the only thing he has going for him, truth is most these people deff wouldnt make it

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 09:26 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Tony Gonzalez.

I don't see how Antonio Gates or Jason Witten are "locks" at this point in their careers though heh.
I agree. Gonzo is the only lock. Gates and Witten are on the right path but have lots of work to do yet.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 09:40 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jared Allen is well on his way but if he was to retire today, he wouldn't get in. 6 years averaging 12 sack per? Not bad. He needs to drop like 3 straight 15 plus and end up with like 140 or more.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 09:55 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post

Manning Brady Warner Favre and probably Brees will all be hall of famers.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 10:00 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Imagine if Favre's career suddenly ended. That would be the day.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:11 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Whitten is a lock then you have to say Todd Heap is a lock so basically you got neither getting in.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:47 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't believe people still think Mcnabb isn't a Hall of Famer. As for the players listed, none of them get in if they all retired today.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:12 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Its the hall of fame not the hall of good for a few seasons.
You're right. It's the hall of pretty good for a lot of seasons.

See: Art Monk
Old 03-29-2010, 01:15 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
fitz has every post season wr record ever and is a amazing humanitarian, thats really the only thing he has going for him, truth is most these people deff wouldnt make it
Are you sure about that?? Have you checked out Jerry Rice's career postseason# lately??

Fitz has single game postseason records, but I doubt he's close to Rice in overall career postseason #s.
FUNBUNCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:12 AM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Are you sure about that?? Have you checked out Jerry Rice's career postseason# lately??

Fitz has single game postseason records, but I doubt he's close to Rice in overall career postseason #s.

Fitz has the major receiving records for a single postseason. Larry's 30 receptions for 546 yds and 7 TDs in 2008 broke the 3 records set by Rice in 1988 (21-409-6).

Overall Fitz's playoff numbers are 42-705-9. Rice's postseason numbers are an insane 151-2,245-22
Old 03-29-2010, 02:37 AM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Can't believe people still think Mcnabb isn't a Hall of Famer. As for the players listed, none of them get in if they all retired today.
McNabb is very much a borderline candidate and right now he's on the outside without a doubt if his career finished today.

His numbers right now are actually only slightly better than Steve McNair (who has virtually no chance of making it and also lost in a Super Bowl) and he lacks the big individual honours with 5 Pro Bowls, 0 AP All-Pros and 0 MVP awards.

McNabb will either need to finish with huge career numbers like Warren Moon (just under 50,000 yds and 300 TDs and 9 Pro Bowls) or win a Super Bowl to put that extra stamp on his resume.

Of all the HOF QBs to start their career from 1960 onwards only 5 of them never won a title. Marino was a slam dunk HOF choice. Moon is the 2nd as mentioned. The other 3 are:

Dan Fouts (huge individual seasons in a tougher era, 4 All-Pros and Off Player of the Year award).

Jim Kelly (4 Super Bowl appearances and 2 All-Pros).

Fran Tarkenton (4 Super Bowl appearances, league MVP in 1975, 2 All-Pros and set NFL records for career passing yds, completions and TD passes when he retired - later broken by Marino).
Old 03-29-2010, 09:37 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love me some Jared Allen but his name doesn't need to be thrown around in the HOF talk just yet.