Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 03-30-2010, 09:12 PM    (permalink
scpanther22
Rookie

scpanther22 could make a wolverine purr.scpanther22 could make a wolverine purr.scpanther22 could make a wolverine purr.scpanther22 could make a wolverine purr.scpanther22 could make a wolverine purr.scpanther22 could make a wolverine purr.
Default Source: Patriots ‘love’ Jared Odrick

Quote:
A league source told WEEI.com on Tuesday that the Patriots, who hold the 22nd overall pick in next month’s NFL Draft, “love” Penn State defensive tackle Jared Odrick. The 6-foot-5, 304-pound Odrick played the 3-technique under Penn State defensive line coach Larry Johnson’s 4-3 but figures to play the 5-technique end role in the Patriot’s 3-4 scheme. Odrick is a projected first-round pick and has drawn comparisons to former Patriot defensive end Richard Seymour. Whether or not the Patriots have held a private workout with Odrick has yet to be confirmed. For WEEI.com’s spotlight on Odrick, click
http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/...-jared-odrick/
scpanther22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:17 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its about time. Hes an absolute tank.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want a pass rusher badly, but I am growing on the idea of Odrick round 1. DE is a top need and has been since Seymour left, but for a while I wasn't sure if Odrick was worth a first round selection. Well we all know how much value we put in our DL so I wouldn't be really surprised or disappointed if we took him.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:26 AM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope they love him with a second round kind of love. He's just not a good enough player to take in the first round.

1 - Anyone but Shea McClellin, Derek Wolfe, Peter Konz, Kendall Reyes, Harrison Smith, Whitney Mercilus or a RB

2 Anyone but McClellin, Wolfe, Doug Martin or an OT

3 Anyone but Wolfe

TNPatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:27 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like him. I'd still prefer a few others first. Graham, Kindle and maybe even Pouncey.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 10:54 AM    (permalink
bhyg
Rookie

bhyg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bhyg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bhyg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bhyg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bhyg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bhyg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bhyg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bhyg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bhyg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bhyg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bhyg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Between Odrick and Graham, Which one do you think is better?
bhyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They play different positions so you can't really compare them but I still think OLB is the bigger need; I wouldn't be upset with Odrick since DE is a big need now as well but as Elvis said the first round wish list is essentially down to Kindle, Graham, Pouncey, and Odrick for me.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:53 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a Michigan fan so the answer is clearly Brandon Graham!

;)

It is tough to compare. If both are there I would prefer Graham. I think he's a definite beast for years to come. Odrick is riskier, but the positional value based on this draft class makes him more valuable because there's more depth at OLB.

Old 04-01-2010, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm kinda hoping Odrick is the pick. 3-4 DEs are overvalued lately so it's really hard to find a good one. Look at Tyson Jackson going #3 overall last year. If we have a chance to draft Odrick in the first, I'd say that would be a good idea. Like other people said though, I also wouldn't mind Kindle or Graham. Pouncey or Gresham would be an okay pick but I hope they draft someone for defense in the first. One idea that hasn't been mentioned a lot - what if the Patriots tried trading for Adam Carriker? Coming out, I thought he'd be an excellent five-technique if he was in a 3-4 defense.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:22 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
I'm kinda hoping Odrick is the pick. 3-4 DEs are overvalued lately so it's really hard to find a good one. Look at Tyson Jackson going #3 overall last year. If we have a chance to draft Odrick in the first, I'd say that would be a good idea. Like other people said though, I also wouldn't mind Kindle or Graham. Pouncey or Gresham would be an okay pick but I hope they draft someone for defense in the first. One idea that hasn't been mentioned a lot - what if the Patriots tried trading for Adam Carriker? Coming out, I thought he'd be an excellent five-technique if he was in a 3-4 defense.
What's Carriker's contract like?
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 03:28 PM    (permalink
jj jones
Rookie

jj jones hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jj jones hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNPatsFan View Post
I hope they love him with a second round kind of love. He's just not a good enough player to take in the first round.
I doubt he is there in round two.
jj jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 07:46 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not at 44.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 04-02-2010, 09:13 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
I liked Carriker a lot when he was coming out and he is definitely misused in STL but he has major durability concerns which worry me

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 09:37 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I gotta say that I'm not a fan of the Odrick pick. Maybe they love him like they loved Butler last year. Enough to trade back and take him in the 2nd, but not enough to take him in the first...
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 10:33 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

I think Odrick is worthy of a 1st. Preferably a trade down though.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 04-05-2010, 03:27 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

reading that article... it sounds like they love damian williams even more than they love odrick

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 03:37 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been a fan of them taking Damian Williams. He's the perfect receiver on the outside opposite Moss with the slot receivers they already have.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I am on board with picking Jared Odrick and praying for Ricky Sapp at 44.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:42 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
I am on board with picking Jared Odrick and praying for Ricky Sapp at 44.
I doubt we'd have to worry about Sapp going that early. He's got round 3 slider written all over him.

Old 04-08-2010, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Actually, I completely disagree in that regard. I could see him going before Odrick faster than I could seeing him slip to the third round. Everything I've read about the kid says teams are high on him, and there are a lot of teams looking for exactly what he provides...
Old 04-08-2010, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh.. I like Sapp at #47 or #53. If he gets drafted higher than that I'll consider it a huge reach. Also, I doubt that BB loves Odrick as much as the reports are saying at the moment. I still think he's a possibility, but I'm starting to doubt that he'll be around when we have to pick. That would probably mean that we go OLB unless there is ridiculously good value with either Spiller, McClain or someone like that. I'd love Kindle at #22, but I'm starting to like Dunlap and Griffen more and more. Also, JPP seems to be sliding at the moment. Anyone think that we'll have a shot at him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:47 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with Jay, I honestly think Ricky Sapp will be a late first rounder. Teams are raving about workouts with him, and he was so much potential due to his size and speed for his height. A team will reach.

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote