Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Old 02-11-2011, 11:59 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I wish I knew I could have taken Chu's team. I love me some Carlos Santana.
I'd be willing to swap with you if you want.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Naa it's cool but thanks. You can just trade Santana to me. :)

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's the draft order?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 02:45 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Based on record.

1)djp
2)marshallb
3)giantsfan1080
4)yo123
5)charm
6)bearsfan
7)d-unit
8)xio

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 02:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll roll with whatever you guys decide as far as roster expansion.

How many rounds of drafting?
Old 02-11-2011, 02:56 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Depends on how large the rosters are, I guess.

There are 12 major league keepers and 3 minor league keepers. If, for example, we expand the rosters to 25 major leaguers (they are currently 20), we would have 14 rounds of drafting (13 major leaguers and 1 minor leaguer).

Old 02-11-2011, 03:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Depends on how large the rosters are, I guess.

There are 12 major league keepers and 3 minor league keepers. If, for example, we expand the rosters to 25 major leaguers (they are currently 20), we would have 14 rounds of drafting (13 major leaguers and 1 minor leaguer).
Are we expanding our minor leaguers to 5?
Old 02-11-2011, 03:03 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

We could. I really don't have an opinion one way or the other.

Old 02-11-2011, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How many players do we keep from last year?
Old 02-11-2011, 03:08 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
How many players do we keep from last year?
There are 12 major league keepers and 3 minor league keepers.

Old 02-11-2011, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There are 12 major league keepers and 3 minor league keepers.
And who we choose to keep has no bearing on the amount of money we begin the auction with?
Old 02-11-2011, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Also, I lost Jason Bartlett. I saw you made a short list of names that went to the NL this offseason. Do I get anything for him?
Old 02-11-2011, 03:22 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Also, I lost Jason Bartlett. I saw you made a short list of names that went to the NL this offseason. Do I get anything for him?
No, you only get compensated for players that you drafted.

Which may help answer your first question. Who you choose to keep has no bearing on your current money, but it could potentially if you lost that player down the road. In other words, if you equally value two players, but you didn't draft one of them, it may be wiser to keep the one you originally drafted, as you would receive some compensation should you lose him.

However, we are not having an auction to fill out the rosters. That's what the draft is for. Auction money can only be spent on players that hit the waiver wire during the season, including mid-season (real life) trades from the National League. Last year, hchu spent all of his money on Dan Haren, which means until everyone runs out of money, marshallb will only be able to get waiver players nobody else bids money on (assuming he doesn't lose his own original players). While harsh, he also got Dan Haren, which should help numb the pain.

It's complicated, but it's orderly as long as I stay on top of everything.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 02-11-2011 at 03:25 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 03:24 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Here is a link to the auction re-cap.

http://games.espn.go.com/flb/tools/d...leagueId=49595

New members won't be able to see it yet, obviously.

Old 02-11-2011, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

BF, it says the league hasn't been reactivated, so I can't view the link.
Old 02-11-2011, 03:35 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Yeah, I can't reactivate it until we decide on roster sizes. (I must still be able to see since I'm the commish).

Can I get some input?

Old 02-11-2011, 03:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
We could. I really don't have an opinion one way or the other.
Oh no. I just got confused when I saw that we were drafting 1 minor leaguer.

4 is good with me.
Old 02-11-2011, 03:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Yeah, I can't reactivate it until we decide on roster sizes. (I must still be able to see since I'm the commish).

Can I get some input?
I'm with djp. Would be nice to have 2 more bench spots.
Old 02-11-2011, 03:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Any thoughts to keeping less than 12?
Old 02-11-2011, 04:02 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

What if I added 5 more spots?

-1B/3B
-2B/SS
-OF
-Eliminated one of the UTIL positions
-6 total bench spots (up from 3 last year)

This way, if you wanted to have a few bench hitters you could, or you could add a few pitchers (the current limit of 200 starts basically allows you to start 6.5 pitchers full-time).

Old 02-11-2011, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:

-1B/3B
-2B/SS
-OF

This way, if you wanted to have a few bench hitters you could, or you could add a few pitchers (the current limit of 200 starts basically allows you to start 6.5 pitchers full-time).
Cut two teams and increase the number of roster spots. I approve of everything you just proposed.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

-1B/3B
-2B/SS
-OF

Keep 2 UTIL positions. Get rid of the additional 2B/SS spot. It's already weak as is.

If you up the roster spots, up the innings count for pitchers too. That's gotta be a natural approach to expansion.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:03 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

There is no innings count for pitchers, there is a limit to games started, which was already too high last year. I really don't want to raise it and encourage people to spot-start through waivers.

Old 02-11-2011, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

BF, how about just an additional Infielder and Outfield slot? Not specific to MI or CI.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
BF, how about just an additional Infielder and Outfield slot? Not specific to MI or CI.
That works too.