Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Old 02-24-2010, 10:38 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I made double plays worth 2 points and Aaron Hill became the 2nd most valuable player in the league...

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I made double plays worth 2 points and Aaron Hill became the 2nd most valuable player in the league...
Say wha? Defensive stats?
Old 02-24-2010, 10:43 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

GF1080, we can team up! we can be team Rutgers in this! can we be co-gm's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:45 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally I think that's a terrible idea, but if you want to try it....

Old 02-24-2010, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It isn't as bad of an idea as you think. Trust me.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:47 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
you clearly under estimate our Rutgers power.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmmm well I'm not sure how we can work that put Scotty. It's a great idea but I'm not sure how feasible. We really just need to open up our own Rutgers sports bar and we're good.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:55 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Hmmm well I'm not sure how we can work that put Scotty. It's a great idea but I'm not sure how feasible. We really just need to open up our own Rutgers sports bar and we're good.
...oh my god...Rutgers sports bar...this needs to happen...like NOW
Quote:
Old 02-24-2010, 11:04 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

So the formula I've put in lists these as the projected top 5 players:

1) A-Rod
2) Mark Texeira
3) Dustin Pedroia
4) CC Sabathia
5) Carl Crawford

It's pretty good actually. The closers are still the top relievers, but mid-relievers aren't far behind. It rewards OBP probably more than power, but in league like this that's not such a bad thing.

Total Bases, Runs, RBI, Sacrifices, BB = 1 point
Stolen Bases = 2 points
GIDP, Errors = -1 point
Caught Stealing, Strikeout = -.5 point

Outs = .7 points
Wins = 5 points
Saves = 5 points
Appearances = 1 point
Holds = 3 points
Strikeouts = 0.7 points
Hits, BB = -0.3 points
ER = -2 points
Pickoffs = 1 point

It looks more complicated than it is.

Old 02-24-2010, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Why the usage of obscure stats like sacrifice and pickoffs?

BF, Was there something you didn't like with ESPN's default for Points leagues?
Old 02-24-2010, 11:11 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

A pickoff is far from obscure my friend. :)

The system ESPN had made starting pitchers too valuable, IMO. The top 6 projected players were all pitchers.

Old 02-24-2010, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
A pickoff is far from obscure my friend. :)

The system ESPN had made starting pitchers too valuable, IMO. The top 6 projected players were all pitchers.
I think that could have been easily remedied by reducing the value of an IP.

I think the ESPN default is a pretty fair representation of the best players.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wouldn't Mauer be top 5?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-24-2010, 11:18 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Xio I think you are vastly underrating the value of a quality sacrifice.

It was close GF, I probably made slap hitting too valuable. I'll give it another look with less modifications.

Old 02-24-2010, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Wouldn't Mauer be top 5?
In the ESPN default, these are the top 5 pitchers and hitters:

1. C.C.
2. Felix
3. Greinke
4. Lester
5. Javy

1. Tex
2. A-Rod
3. Pedroia
4. Miggy
5. Mauer

EDIT: those are the projected top fives.

Last edited by Xiomera : 02-24-2010 at 11:21 PM.
Xiomera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Too much importance for Yankees :).

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-24-2010, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I'm gonna draft all of the K.C. Royals. I hope that;s OK with you all . . .
Old 02-24-2010, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Gotta do away with losses as a point value. Incorporate Quality Starts.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I took away a penalty for losses, made a win 5 pts instead of 10, and made a Quality Start worth 5 pts.

This way, if a pitcher gets a win, they get some reward, but they get another 5 if it was a legitimate win-worthy performance.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:32 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Why not just raise the value of IP, take away wins and losses altogether, and make ER, hits, and BB hurt more?

Old 02-24-2010, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Why not just raise the value of IP, take away wins and losses altogether, and make ER, hits, and BB hurt more?
Nah, I am close to perfecting this. I don't like giving out points simply cause a pitched pitched an inning.

Gotta keep wins in there, but soften the impact of it by putting QS in there to get the full 10 pts.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:38 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

You don't give them points for pitching an inning, you give them points for pitching an inning and not giving up any hits or runs. If you make innings worth 5 points, but earned runs for -3 points and hits/BB worth -1 point it evens out, and doesn't reward for pointless stats like wins.

Old 02-24-2010, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
You don't give them points for pitching an inning, you give them points for pitching an inning and not giving up any hits or runs. If you make innings worth 5 points, but earned runs for -3 points and hits/BB worth -1 point it evens out, and doesn't reward for pointless stats like wins.
I sorta agree, but I don't like eliminating wins. Splitting wins and QS works.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Total Bases (TB)1
Walks (BB)1
Runs Scored (R)1
Runs Batted In (RBI)1
Stolen Bases (SB)1
Strikeouts (K)-1

Innings Pitched (IP)3
Earned Runs (ER)-2
Wins (W)5
Saves (SV)6
Strikeouts (K)1
Hits Allowed (H)-1
Walks Issued (BB)-1
Holds (HD)2
Quality Starts (QS)5

Keep it simple.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

TO be honest, it doesn't matter too much how evenly we make hitting and pitching. Since you made this an auction, people can just bid accordingly.