Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Old 02-12-2011, 09:59 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok that's fine. I'll allow a day for any more suggestions.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:33 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
BF, how about just an additional Infielder and Outfield slot? Not specific to MI or CI.
I would definitely say to do this.

EDIT: removed

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Last edited by marshallb : 02-13-2011 at 02:32 PM.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 06:20 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks. giantsfan could you provide your e-mail as well, either on here or through pm?

Old 02-13-2011, 03:31 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just curious, but what are we looking at for a timeline? Like when keepers are due and draft and all of that.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
Old 02-13-2011, 03:53 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Depends on how long people think it will take to finish the draft, honestly. I'd like to start the draft about a day or two after keepers are due, and finish the draft by mid-march.

Old 02-17-2011, 03:30 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Ok, I haven't heard anything from anyone, so I'm setting the date for selecting keepers as Sunday, Feb. 27th at 10pm (ET).

We still start the draft at 1pm (ET) on Tuesday, March 1st.

You will also be asked to claim your minor league reserves in this thread at that time. As a reminder, if you have a player on your minor league roster who is likely to start the season in the major leagues (for example, Xio has J.P. Arencibia), you MUST keep him on your minor league roster for now. Once 25-man rosters are set (in real life), you will add him to your fantasy roster.

Old 02-17-2011, 03:38 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Here are my minor league keepers:

-Desmond Jennings, OF, Durham Bulls (AAA-Tampa Bay Rays)
-Mike Moustakas, 3B, Omaha Storm Chasers (AAA-Kansas City Royals)
-Martin Perez, P, Frisco RoughRiders (AA- Texas Rangers)

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 02-18-2011 at 11:55 AM.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Minor League Keepers

Chris Tillman, P, Norfolk Tides (AAA-Baltimore Orioles)
Jeremy Hellickson, P, Durham Bulls (AAA- Tampa Rays)
Jared Goedert, 3B, Columbus Clippers (AAA- Cleveland Indians)
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can pick up any available minor leaguer right now?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 05:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I can pick up any available minor leaguer right now?
No. Your Minor Leaguers are on the first post of this thread.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
No. Your Minor Leaguers are on the first post of this thread.
I only have 2.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-17-2011, 06:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I only have 2.
Then I'm pretty sure that's all you get to keep until the draft is over.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:25 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My keepers:

1) Jesus Montero, C, Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees (AAA-New York Yankees)
2) Mike Trout, OF, Rancho Cucamonga Quakes (A+ Los Angeles Angels)
3) Michae Pineda, P, Tacoma Rainers (AAA-Seattle Mariners)

*drools*

Now I have a question...if I don't claim Bell what would be the process for replacing him? would there be a draft?
Old 02-17-2011, 06:45 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

giantsfan: That's all you can keep for now. On the plus side, those are two damn good prospects.

charm: You now have one open minor league spot, you'll fill it during the same draft. The draft is to fill 13 major league spots and 1 minor league spot. You (or whomever drafts Bell) can put him wherever they want at that point and then adjust accordingly once final rosters (real life) are set.

You can draft your minor league player at any point in the draft.

Make sense?

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 02-17-2011 at 07:11 PM.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Ackley is awesome but I'm not a big fan of Drabek. This will be fun though since I have some work to do.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-17-2011, 09:42 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

You and marshall actually start off in a really good position with the 1st two picks.

Old 02-18-2011, 06:36 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
You and marshall actually start off in a really good position with the 1st two picks.
Absolutely. I get to watch more NL baseball since I'm a Mets fan so this will be a good way for me to keep track of the AL more. That really has nothing to do with the conversation but I just wanted to say it anyway.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-18-2011, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My minor league keepers:

Xio
1) Jacob Turner, P, Lakeland Flying Tigers (A+ Detroit Tigers)
2) J.P. Arencibia, C, (AAA-Toronto Blue Jays)
3) Tyler Flowers, C, Charolette Knights (AAA-Chicago White Sox)

Be afraid, be moderately, moderately afraid.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:41 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Just a general note, if you choose not to select 12 keepers, you will not be rewarded with early draft picks (as some leagues do).

In other words, select 12, there's no incentive to not do so.

Old 02-18-2011, 12:10 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Alright, well since I can't keep Casey Kelly since he's a part of the Padres, that leaves me with 3 minor leaguers, so I'll be keeping:

1) Matt Moore, P, Charlotte Stone Crabs (A+ Tampa Bay Rays)
2) Hank Conger, Salt Lake City Bees (AAA- Los Angeles Angels)
3) Tanner Scheppers, P, Oklahoma City RedHawks (AAA-Texas Rangers)

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 02-18-2011, 12:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Are we drafting here or in a live draft?
Old 02-18-2011, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BF, we have to make sure we hold our drafts at different times for our two leagues. I don't care which of us goes first. When were you planning on doing the one for this league?
Old 02-18-2011, 01:06 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
So, what's the draft order going to be? I thought you had posted it earlier in this thread, but skimming through I couldn't find it.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 02-18-2011, 01:55 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

D-Unit: Here

Xio: Do we? Why? I thought it might be a good thing to do them at the same time, if I have to be somewhere I'd rather kill two birds with one stone.

I was hoping to be done by mid-march. With 13 rounds of drafting I thought that would take about 10-14 days.

Draft Order:

1) djp
2) marshallb
3) giantsfan
4) yo123
5) charm
6) bearsfan
7) d-unit
8) xio
9) xio
10) d-unit
11) bearsfan
12) charm
13) yo123
14) giantsfan
15) marshall
16) djp

-Repeat

Old 02-18-2011, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I don't think it will take long for 13 rounds. My league only has 15.

I might start drafting in my league next week.