Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Old 03-02-2011, 03:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I debated for a long time about dropping Martin Perez and Wil Myers. Final straw was that I don't think Myers ever plays catcher.
I saw that you kept Myers at first and then changed your mind to Perez.

I say this as a Rangers fan. I think you made a mistake. Perez declined last season and while still a top prospect, he's no where near the Top 10 anymore. He's got a lot of issues to work out, but he's still very young so I think he should be ready by 2013.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 03:46 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe, but I need pitching more than hitting. Also, Myers raked in High A ball. A lot of prospects drop once they make the move to AA. Without his ability to play catcher, I went with the pitching prospect, which are harder to find.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 03:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Maybe, but I need pitching more than hitting. Also, Myers raked in High A ball. A lot of prospects drop once they make the move to AA. Without his ability to play catcher, I went with the pitching prospect, which are harder to find.
I got a Catcher right now waiting to go to your team. His agent called me saying he's forcing a trade to Bearsfan Country!!!

I hear Kinsler is being a cancer in the lockerroom with the addition of Aaron Hill. I don't know if you want to deal with that kind of character concerns.

Do we have a deal?
Old 03-02-2011, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's keep this moving. Heading out of town Friday morning.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:59 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yo is here now. When you leave Xio, can you leave me a list of 10 players or so? It might not get us too far, but it's something.

Old 03-02-2011, 03:59 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I got a Catcher right now waiting to go to your team. His agent called me saying he's forcing a trade to Bearsfan Country!!!

I hear Kinsler is being a cancer in the lockerroom with the addition of Aaron Hill. I don't know if you want to deal with that kind of character concerns.

Do we have a deal?

Old 03-02-2011, 07:24 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

After much debating, D and I would like to announce the following trade:

D receives:

-Adam Dunn (1B)
-Ian Kinsler (2B)

I receive:

-Victor Martinez (C)
- David Price (P)

Thank you.

Old 03-02-2011, 07:29 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice trade for both IMO. Both dealt from positions of strength to fill their weak positions.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
Nice trade for both IMO. Both dealt from positions of strength to fill their weak positions.
I think Price is gonna have a hell of a season (even a career) so it was very tough to let him go. But I really wanted Kinsler. I think the long term of his career is good enough to compensate for the loss of Price. Not fantasy points wise, but simply career longevity wise.

I like Dunn a lot in that ballpark and in that line up enough and he has been the definition of Mr. Consistency. I passed on Morneau for Dunn, so it'll be interesting to see what happens.

When Xio took Derrek Lee, and I saw what crap was left available at 1B...not to mention 2B... I simply had to pull the trigger on this deal despite losing Price. V-Mart was a luxury that I was looking to find equal value for and I think I got that at a position of need.

C Joe Mauer
1B Adam Dunn
2B Ian Kinsler
3B Kevin Youkilis
SS Jed Lowrie
OF Austin Jackson
OF Curtis Granderson
OF Magglio Ordonez
OF Manny Ramirez

P CC Sabathia
P Francisco Liriano
P Colby Lewis
P Clay Buchholtz
P Jeremy Hellickson
P Brandon Morrow
P Matt Thornton
BN Jake McGee
BN Rafael Soriano
BN Alexi Ogando

Last edited by D-Unit : 03-02-2011 at 09:36 PM.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D won the trade. I don't think it's close.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:21 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

C- Russell Martin/ Jorge Posada
1B- Justin Morneau
2B- Aaron Hill
SS- Elvis Andrus
3B- Michael Young
IF- Asdrubal Cabrera
OF- B.J. Upton
OF- Delmon Young
OF- Travis Snider
OF- Juan Pierre
UTIL- Daric Barton
UTIL-

P- David Price
P- Brett Anderson
P- Gavin Floyd
P- James Shields
P- Kyle Drabek
P- A.J. Burnett
P- Joel Piniero
RP- Jonathan Papelbon
RP- Neftali Perez

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 03-03-2011 at 06:08 PM.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:24 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
D won the trade. I don't think it's close.
Really? Why?

Points-wise, the combo of Price and Martinez is predicted to pull in more than Dunn and Kinsler this year. As far as dynasty value, I think Price is the most valuable player of the 4.

Old 03-02-2011, 11:20 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I swear I'm always up. Pick up in a second.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 11:45 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Really? Why?

Points-wise, the combo of Price and Martinez is predicted to pull in more than Dunn and Kinsler this year. As far as dynasty value, I think Price is the most valuable player of the 4.
I think less of Martinez than most people. I think he got the more valuable duo.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:51 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Martinez is very valuable in this league given the crap at catcher in the AL, and David Price is a monster. I think BF won that deal.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:38 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Martinez is very valuable in this league given the crap at catcher in the AL, and David Price is a monster. I think BF won that deal.
I just drafted Jaso. The difference isn't that big.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:41 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Huh? V-Mart blows Jaso out of the water in every category.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:42 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Huh? V-Mart blows Jaso out of the water in every category.
I'm aware. Just saying I don't think the margin justifies the deal.

Who cares. Neither of us was involved in the trade anyway.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:57 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I'm aware. Just saying I don't think the margin justifies the deal.

Who cares. Neither of us was involved in the trade anyway.
I don't mind the ridiculous comments, but mostly I'm curious what gauge you go by to determine your definition of "margin". Do you use ESPN's projected stats for this league, some other site's projected stats or just your own ideas?
Old 03-03-2011, 12:08 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Doesn't matter, I picked up Martinez to move him anyway.

Second part of the trade:

giantsfan receives:

Victor Martinez, C

bf51 receives:

Elvis Andrus, SS
Kyle Drabek, P
Russel Martin, C

Old 03-03-2011, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I bet I'm really blasted by Xio for this one.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:16 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I think, based on pure value, you got the better deal.

But personally, I agree with Xio, I'm not a big fan of Victor Martinez. That's why I held out for David Price. Having Price, Andrus, and potentially Drabek as three keepers was worth getting rid of Kinsler, who is injury prone, and Dunn, where I had a glut of 1st basemen.

Old 03-03-2011, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually thought you had the better end of the deal in the first part as well though not by much. As for our side I think it was pretty fair as well. No major rip offs one way or the other. The real wild card is whether Russell Martin can bounce back to his Dodgers days.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:20 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Martin is just a warm body at the catcher position. I've given up on finding a worthy dynasty catcher.

Old 03-03-2011, 12:25 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How many rounds are left? I know I'm up, btw.