Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Old 03-03-2011, 12:26 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are 14 rounds total (13 major league + 1 minor league).

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I actually thought you had the better end of the deal in the first part as well though not by much. As for our side I think it was pretty fair as well. No major rip offs one way or the other. The real wild card is whether Russell Martin can bounce back to his Dodgers days.
I think Martin is in the best shape of his life. He's been training with MMA guys and I have a feeling that he is really going to bounce back well this year. He's got the pressure with Montero breathing down his back too that will motivate him further.

Elvis Andrus, Kyle Drabek (ROY candidate) and Russell Martin?

Nice deal BF!!!!! Maybe you lose 100-150 points from the difference between V-Mart and Martin, but you gain at least 700 from the other 2! Wow! I applaud that kind of move!

I'll be surprised if GF is a contender this year. lol.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:55 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the Hardy pick. There's a surprising amount of SS depth in the American League this year.

Old 03-03-2011, 01:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I like the Hardy pick. There's a surprising amount of SS depth in the American League this year.
That's BS and you know it. Let's call it what it is... a nice pat on the back to make him feel better. :D

Bravo! I like that. ;)
Old 03-03-2011, 01:10 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Meh....not really. I have Asdrubal Cabrera in my IF spot. Considering the lack of 2B, 3B, and 1B, I think I won't be the only one.

Old 03-03-2011, 01:11 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Also, D, do you know when ESPN will drop all of the non-keepers? I'd like to update the rosters to make FA page easier to manage.

Old 03-03-2011, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not a fan of Drabek as I've stated before. V-Mart + Hardy is better than Martin + Andrus. Try again D. :)

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

By the way people have been saying Francouer is also in the best shape of his life. Do you think that means he'll stop sucking? Martin hasn't been good in 2 years and I don't expect a huge bounce back. His numbers should get better than last year because they can't get much worse.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-03-2011, 01:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I'm not a fan of Drabek as I've stated before. V-Mart + Hardy is better than Martin + Andrus. Try again D. :)
You may not be a fan of Drabek and that's all good, but in a dynasty league like this, you're nuts for thinking his value is 0. Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on the trade, I'm all for rip off deals if you can pull it off. I just think BF just shoved a broomstick up your ass is all. VMart and Hardy don't match up to the youthfulness and upside you gave away either. Ouch.

Now that I know you can be had... let's talk about Lester... :D

Forgive me if I'm being too harsh on ya. It's just my nature. *slaps face*
Old 03-03-2011, 01:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Also, D, do you know when ESPN will drop all of the non-keepers? I'd like to update the rosters to make FA page easier to manage.
Did the deadline to declare keepers pass? You might need to check settings. I think once it passes then you can do it.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

You can be as hard as you want since you're incredibly wrong on this.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-03-2011, 01:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
By the way people have been saying Francouer is also in the best shape of his life. Do you think that means he'll stop sucking? Martin hasn't been good in 2 years and I don't expect a huge bounce back. His numbers should get better than last year because they can't get much worse.
Difference is Franky never was good to begin with. Martin was hurt with a hip injury that required surgery, if I'm not mistaken. There was a reason for his down seasons.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I figured you would use that argument for Francouer and you're right about that. As for Martin he's has hip and knee surgeries in the same off season. Who knows what kind of shape he'll really be in come June or July.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-03-2011, 01:33 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Did the deadline to declare keepers pass? You might need to check settings. I think once it passes then you can do it.
I just called ESPN, I have to wait for offline draft stuff to be available. Whatevs.

Old 03-03-2011, 01:33 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I definitely don't think it's near as bad of a deal as D-Unit does, in fact I don't think it's a bad deal, but I would have wanted to get a little more out of the young talents of Andrus and Drabek, despite me not being much of a fan of Andrus in a points league, at least not yet. If he can develop some power then maybe, but at this point he's overrated in a league like this. I would have leveraged the young potential of Drabek and Andrus for a bit of an addition to the deal is all.

And BF. I think all you have to do is set the offline draft date and then go to enter in players and it will drop them automatically.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
I definitely don't think it's near as bad of a deal as D-Unit does, in fact I don't think it's a bad deal, but I would have wanted to get a little more out of the young talents of Andrus and Drabek, despite me not being much of a fan of Andrus in a points league, at least not yet. If he can develop some power then maybe, but at this point he's overrated in a league like this. I would have leveraged the young potential of Drabek and Andrus for a bit of an addition to the deal is all.

And BF. I think all you have to do is set the offline draft date and then go to enter in players and it will drop them automatically.
I'm am guilty of being over the top. I have to apologize to GF. He's too good a guy for me to hate on like that. GF, I'm sorry!

I agree on Andrus. I even told GF, that I like him more for his defense and running ability for the Rangers than his actual bat and fantasy value. His upside still remains, but I don't foresee him being a power hitter. Hits, Runs and SB are where he'll get his fantasy numbers to lift him in the SS rankings.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Man, yo needs to start leaving lists.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

No need for an apology. When I'm ahead of you in the standings we'll see how right you were.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-03-2011, 01:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
No need for an apology. When I'm ahead of you in the standings we'll see how right you were.
There's really only one guy I'm trying to beat. Xio. The rest of you are like league fodder.

You want respect? Win the 'ship.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:00 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D-Unit, maybe you as a Rangers fan can give me a little info here. What's it look like Tanner Scheppers is going to do this year at least to start the season? Are they going to make him a RP or are they going to have him start (SP) in the minors?

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
D-Unit, maybe you as a Rangers fan can give me a little info here. What's it look like Tanner Scheppers is going to do this year at least to start the season? Are they going to make him a RP or are they going to have him start (SP) in the minors?
They're stretching him out as a SP, if it doesn't work out, then it's the bullpen for him. He's definitely starting off in the minors. I thought he was a real candidate to close, but that's not the case. It's between Ogando or Mark Lowe. If they don't work, Jon Daniels has talked about trading for a closer. Neftali is gonna make the rotation. That's my gut feeling. They're gonna make a decision by mid March.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
There's really only one guy I'm trying to beat. Xio. The rest of you are like league fodder.

You want respect? Win the 'ship.
Xio must be so flattered.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-03-2011, 03:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Xio must be so flattered.
I dunno... can his head get any fatter???

Just my part of my evil plan to fill his head with crap. ;)
Old 03-03-2011, 03:38 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
They're stretching him out as a SP, if it doesn't work out, then it's the bullpen for him. He's definitely starting off in the minors. I thought he was a real candidate to close, but that's not the case. It's between Ogando or Mark Lowe. If they don't work, Jon Daniels has talked about trading for a closer. Neftali is gonna make the rotation. That's my gut feeling. They're gonna make a decision by mid March.
Thanks. That's rather interesting because I was thinking that if Feliz were to make the rotation that Scheppers would be in the back of the bullpen, and if Feliz would be closing that they'd stretch out Scheppers, but I guess they'll just stretch him out either way.

EDIT: Post #4,000.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 03-03-2011, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I dunno... can his head get any fatter???

Just my part of my evil plan to fill his head with crap. ;)
It still fits through most doorways.