Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Old 03-04-2011, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Have Brodeur pick for me if I'm not around tomorrow.
There's no harm in telling me this BEFOREHAND.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pressure is on!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He didn't even have a team filled out or anything. Christ Xio is worthless. I am so tempted to just pick Mitch Maier and Gregor Blanco.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:40 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks Brodeur.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:11 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well my team is done.

C- Martin/Posada
1B- Morneau
2B- Hill
3B- Young
SS- Andrus
IF- A. Cabrera
OF- Upton
OF- Pierre
OF- D. Young
OF- T. Snider
Util- D. Barton
Util- K. Kia'hue
Bench- J. Francouer

P- D. Price
P- J. Shields
P- B. Anderson
P- G. Floyd
P- K. Drabek
P- A.J. Burnett
P- J. Piniero
RP- N. Feliz
RP- Papelbon
RP- M. Capps
RP- B. Fuentes

Minors- Desmond Jennings, Mike Moustakas, Martin Perez, Manny Machado

Old 03-08-2011, 01:37 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like it bf. Your pitching especially. If Delmon repeats his successful campaign from last year and Morneau gives you anything resembling what he's capable of, you will be in good shape.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:32 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can I just pick again since djp just wants joke picks?

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:47 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Well my team is done.

C- Martin/Posada - I like this combo.
1B- Morneau - Needs to stay healthy and show that he's still got it.
2B- Hill - Decline last year. Don't know if he'll bounce back or stay the same.
3B- Young - Steady and consistent.
SS- Andrus - Should only improve and is a great asset in an NL only league.
IF- A. Cabrera - Not as high on him as others are.
OF- Upton - Hasn't ascended to where most have projected him, will this be the year?
OF- Pierre - In a points league, he'll produce if health permits.
OF- D. Young - Great year last year.... an anomaly? To be continued...
OF- T. Snider - Will this be the year that most hoped from him last year?
Util- D. Barton - Meh. He's young at least.
Util- K. Kia'hue - Killah Wiffa, that means stink fart in the islands. :D Hosmer looms.
Bench- J. Francouer - First drop of the season candidate.

P- D. Price - Ace stuff. Expecting a huge season. 18-20 wins.
P- J. Shields - Fell off a little last year, but I like his make up. Top 25 pitcher in an NL only league.
P- B. Anderson - I like him better than Shields. Anderson needs to shine for the A's to be competitive this season.
P- G. Floyd - Steady, but unspectacular.
P- K. Drabek - ROY candidate, imo.
P- A.J. Burnett - K's, K's and more K's.
P- J. Piniero - Deceptively good fantasy player.
RP- N. Feliz - My bet is that he ends up in the rotation.
RP- Papelbon - He'll keep his job even if he loses for a while.
RP- M. Capps - Good depth.
RP- B. Fuentes - Who knows what will happen with him?

Minors- Desmond Jennings, Mike Moustakas, Martin Perez, Manny Machado

Moustakas is the best of the bunch. Jennings needs a chance. Perez isn't ready yet, but when he is, watch out. Machado is years away.
If things go well with health, I think that team looks competitive. Haven't seen the others, but it could be Top 3.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:53 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Better be top 3. I was top 3 last year and had lots of underperformers.

Old 03-08-2011, 11:54 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
If things go well with health, I think that team looks competitive. Haven't seen the others, but it could be Top 3.
Good points. I agree with a lot of those. One other thing I'd like to point out is on Michael Young would be to beware a trade to the NL.

Also, D, this isn't the NL only league. You mentioned a couple times in there "in an NL only league"

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:59 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
Good points. I agree with a lot of those. One other thing I'd like to point out is on Michael Young would be to beware a trade to the NL.

Also, D, this isn't the NL only league. You mentioned a couple times in there "in an NL only league"
My bad. Confusion with my NL only draft going on right now.

What's your team look like? I'll do the same.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:04 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

My hope is that Michael Young is kept until at least the trading deadline, at which point Moustakas might be ready anyway.

I don't plan on keeping Young beyond this season regardess.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:06 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Also, djp, if you get back and don't like your picks you can obviously change them.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:10 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
My bad. Confusion with my NL only draft going on right now.

What's your team look like? I'll do the same.
I got 1 pick left, but here's what I've got so far.

C Carlos Santana
1B Adrian Gonzalez
2B Brian Roberts
3B Edwin Encarnacion
SS Jhonny Peralta
IF Erick Aybar
OF Alex Rios
OF Carlos Quentin
OF Denard Span
OF Michael Cuddyer
UTIL Jack Cust
UTIL Josh Willingham
BE Matt LaPorta
BE Maicer Izturis

SP Felix Hernandez
SP Dan Haren
SP Max Scherzer
SP Wade Davis
SP Jeremy Guthrie
SP Justin Masterson
RP Mariano Rivera
RP Joe Nathan
RP Frank Francisco
RP Joel Peralta

Minor Leaguers
1) Hank Conger, C, Los Angeles Angels
2) Tanner Scheppers, P, Texas Rangers
3) Matt Moore, P, Tampa Bay Rays
4) Lonnie Chisenhall, 3B, Cleveland Indians

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 03-08-2011, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How does the minor league system work here? I can just pick up or drop any minor leaguer as long as they're not on another team?

Also, since I made that trade I'm not going to be able to fill out my team through the draft. Do I get an extra two picks at the end so I can fill the rest of my roster?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-08-2011, 12:18 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
How does the minor league system work here? I can just pick up or drop any minor leaguer as long as they're not on another team?
Correct.

Quote:
Also, since I made that trade I'm not going to be able to fill out my team through the draft. Do I get an extra two picks at the end so I can fill the rest of my roster?
If you want. It really doesn't matter, nobody is going to spend FA dollars on someone they didn't want to draft. You can bet $0.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:19 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I like your team marshallb. Obviously adding Adrian Gonzalez helps a ton, but I think hchu left you with a pretty solid core.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Thanks BF. Here's my starting roster:

C Victor Martinez
1b Kendry Morales
2B Dustin Pedroia
3B Danny Valencia
SS J.J. Hardy
IF Sean Rodriguez
OF Carl Crawford
OF Josh Hamilton
OF Jacoby Ellsbury
OF Vernon Wells
Util Billy Butler
Util Mitch Moreland
P Jon Lester
P Phil Hughes
P C.J. Wilson
P Jon Danks
P Carl Pavano
P Mark Buehrle
P Chris Perez

Offense is very strong and if Wilson and Hughes build on last year I should be in pretty good shape.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-08-2011, 12:50 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

C Kurt Suzuki
1B Justin Smoak
2B Robinson Cano
SS Yunel Escobar
3B Brent Morel
IF Ben Zobrist
OF Grady Sizemore
OF Ichiro Suzuki
OF Shin-Soo Choo
OF Rajai Davis
OF Johnny Damon
UT Vladimir Guerrero
UT David Ortiz
3B Kevin Kouzmanoff

P John Lackey
P Brian Matusz
P Andrew Bailey
P Fernando Rodney
P Chris Sale
P Jake Arietta
P Fausto Carmona
P Brandon League
P Jordan Walden
P Doug Fister
P Vin Mazzaro

Minors:

1. Eric Hosmer, 1B
2. Justin Smoak, 1B (not for long)
3. Mike Montgomery, P
4. Brett Lawrie, 2B
Old 03-08-2011, 01:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
I got 1 pick left, but here's what I've got so far.

C Carlos Santana - Only thing to worry about here is him actually living up to the hype.
1B Adrian Gonzalez - Unbelievable advantage and reward for the bad teams last season.
2B Brian Roberts - I think he's washed up.
3B Edwin Encarnacion - Not much to write home about here. I would personally look at finding upgrades through trades, but he does have hot spells that you want to ride.
SS Jhonny Peralta - The definition of mediocrity, but eveyone who drafts him always hopes for more.
IF Erick Aybar - Better real life baseball player than fantasy baseball player.
OF Alex Rios - Consistent, but he's peaked.
OF Carlos Quentin - Inconsistent, but he hasn't peaked.
OF Denard Span - Steals will help him put up points that you will like.
OF Michael Cuddyer - Deceptively good, but he failed to get "hot" last year.
UTIL Jack Cust - Typical DH.
UTIL Josh Willingham - Not bad. Not good either.
BE Matt LaPorta - I think it's safe to say the Indians didn't get the return they wanted from trading Sabathia.
BE Maicer Izturis - Top candidate to be dropped on the wire.

SP Felix Hernandez - Top 3 pitcher in the game.
SP Dan Haren - Big fan of Haren.
SP Max Scherzer - Nice young player.
SP Wade Davis - See above.
SP Jeremy Guthrie - Eh. Not a fan.
SP Justin Masterson - Used to be a fan. Not anymore.
RP Mariano Rivera - Old man's still got it, but the Yanks must be worried. Thus the Soriano signing.
RP Joe Nathan - Comeback in the cards?
RP Frank Francisco - He'll lose his job.
RP Joel Peralta - Joel who?

Minor Leaguers
1) Hank Conger, C, Los Angeles Angels
2) Tanner Scheppers, P, Texas Rangers
3) Matt Moore, P, Tampa Bay Rays
4) Lonnie Chisenhall, 3B, Cleveland Indians
Excellent crop! I want to trade for Matt Moore.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:25 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Need a 3B and some luck from my staff, otherwise I'm headed for a rough year again I'm afraid. Hopefully Hosmer/Smoak can do some damage at some point, it's why I passed on Gonzalez with #1. That, and Cano is a horse.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Thanks BF. Here's my starting roster:

C Victor Martinez - Expensive get, but you got the #2 catcher in the game.
1b Kendry Morales - Not a fan.
2B Dustin Pedroia - Fan! Health is his key.
3B Danny Valencia - Had him last year and dropped him for a reason.
SS J.J. Hardy - Expectations are always high until it comes time when it sucks to have him because you don't want to drop him for nothing.
IF Sean Rodriguez - I like Sean's potential a lot!
OF Carl Crawford - Winner
OF Josh Hamilton - Winner
OF Jacoby Ellsbury - Chicken Dinner
OF Vernon Wells - Had a nice enough year last year that things are promising once again this offseason.
Util Billy Butler - Broke out last season. Let's see him repeat.
Util Mitch Moreland - See above.
P Jon Lester - You know what you got here.
P Phil Hughes - There's the hope for wins. Anything else is bonus.
P C.J. Wilson - Big expectations for him to repeat. I think he can.
P Jon Danks - Shaky as your #4 SP.
P Carl Pavano - Bulldog attitude, puppy dog game.
P Mark Buehrle - Has declined every year, the last 3 years.
P Chris Perez - Ok. If you say so.

Offense is very strong and if Wilson and Hughes build on last year I should be in pretty good shape.
I see a middle of the pack team to be honest. Never know what unexpected things could happen to boost your luck though.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:31 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Big problem with marshallb's team is that he literally has no ability to use the waivers. That will kill his depth, especially if injuries pile up. Dan Haren's a great player, but he came at a big price.

Old 03-08-2011, 01:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
C Kurt Suzuki - You can live with him in an AL only league if you've got a strong line up surrounding him.
1B Justin Smoak - A breakout is a must! Unfortunately, Safeco ain't exactly a hitters paradise.
2B Robinson Cano - STUD. Best player the Yankees have.
SS Yunel Escobar - Better real life player, than fantasy player.
3B Brent Morel - Honestly, have no clue who this guy is.
IF Ben Zobrist - Dude needs a bounce back year. I need it for my other league too!
OF Grady Sizemore - Is he broken beyond repair?
OF Ichiro Suzuki - You can count on him for 400 points minimum.
OF Shin-Soo Choo - He's got a lot of fans, but I'm not one of them.
OF Rajai Davis - Classic 1 category player, but steals are valued in this league.
OF Johnny Damon - I admit I had him on my radar when you took him.
UT Vladimir Guerrero - I believe he's still got stuff in the tank. DH is perfect for him.
UT David Ortiz - I'm also hoping for a 30 HR, 100 RBI season.
3B Kevin Kouzmanoff - eww.

P John Lackey - Lackey is nobody's #1 fantasy pitcher.
P Brian Matusz - I think you're his #1 fan. Let's hope for a breakout season.
P Andrew Bailey - Health permitting...
P Fernando Rodney - 3 blown saves away from losing his job.
P Chris Sale - Won't beat out Thornton this year.
P Jake Arietta - Some potential there mixed in with some ugly outings.
P Fausto Carmona - Hearing good things, will we see good things?
P Brandon League - Should get the job until end of April, but I think he goes back to a set up role.
P Jordan Walden - Has a strong chance to be LA's closer by end of year.
P Doug Fister - I don't know what to say.
P Vin Mazzaro - Vin needs to show what he showed in the minors.

Minors:

1. Eric Hosmer, 1B
2. Justin Smoak, 1B (not for long)
3. Mike Montgomery, P
4. Brett Lawrie, 2B
Not one of my favorite looking teams. I agree with your own analysis, but there is reason for hope with your excellent minor leaguers.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Big problem with marshallb's team is that he literally has no ability to use the waivers. That will kill his depth, especially if injuries pile up. Dan Haren's a great player, but he came at a big price.
I think he'll be ok. You can pick up guys for $0.

BTW, when does the budget reset? ...and what are our amounts?